Vaping at airports

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinajfreeman

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
I vape in airports all the time without problems. In Newark it is probably subject to the anti-vaping ordinance so i don't do it much there (or I do it more stealthy). Most airports I freely vape openly, and only once was questioned. When I told them it was a vaporizer, they backed off.

Seriously, I have vaped in airports easily 200 times, as I travel a lot on my job.

It is no longer permitted on airplanes, but some people sneak into the restroom. I just wait until I land.

Kamin_Majere

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2012
Enterprise, Alabama
I honestly don't know... i travel a lot but I've only been using a PV for just over a month. When i did go through atlanta though i used the smoke room... though that's because they served beer and had food.

I know they are banned on most airlines that i have flown, but for 12-19 hour flights i don't feel guilty at all for sneaking a few drags on my PV

Wil

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2011
Chapel Hill, NC
www.awesomeclouds.com
I don't stealth vape, but I am discreet about it in airports. No one has ever approached me, but on one long layover I did hear an overhead announcement "Reminding all travelers that the use of cigarettes was forbidden in the terminal". Dunno if it ran at intervals or if someone reported me...

It depends on the airport. If I'm in Charlotte, where the terminals are cramped, I tend to not do it. If I'm in a nice airport with lots of room, I just tend to find a quiet area.

I'm very much of the opinion that if it isn't bothering anyone, it shouldn't be a problem. That's mostly what I've found...

And on airplanes, I've been known to go to the lavatory on long flights. It's certainly a better cloud to leave in there than what most people leave....

NaturesEncore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Chicago
momsfortress.com
Airports are not a problem, as long as noone sees the "smoke." I had recently had a flight that was delayed by four hours at O'hare international, and was able to vape while waiting in the terminal. I just held the vapor in my lungs for about 8-10 seconds, so when I exhaled, no vapor would come out.

On the 12-hour flight, I'd vape in the bathroom.

jdmilla

Apr 13, 2010
FL
what about taking bottles of juice? isnt there a limit on how much liquid you can take onboard?

Good point. You can carry 50 ml liquid containers in a 1 quart bag in your carryon. I usually unscrew my tank and put it in the liquid baggie before going through security. My wife and I will each carry 1 50 ml bottle in case one gets snagged.

I'm flying Cincinnati to Maui in a couple of months and this was a big concern of mine. I would hate for security to confiscate it at the checkpoint. From other posters here, it seems that this is not the case.

I guess the only thing that I have to worry about is to be mindful of people that are around, and try to be as discreet as possible!!

Tracey1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
Tampa, Fl
I put my juice in a baggy and put it in my purse to go through security. No one said anything. I recently had to go to a court house and I put my PV in the basket as I went through the security scanner. The policeman asked what it was and I simply said it was an e-cig thing. He picked it up, looked at it and shrugged and gave it to me.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I took a trip across the country and back last week.

TSA inspection:
-I carried the E-Power 14650 in my pants pocket. That went into the tray along with everything else in my pockets for TSA scanning. No problems. I had the five click safety turned on just in case.

-This was a one week trip. I packed my vaping supplies in a one quart Ziplock bag just like I did for my toiletries. The vaping bag held a 30ml bottle of juice, two extra filled cartos, two 14650 cylindrical Li-ion batteries, battery charger and some Q-Tips. TSA wants you to be careful transporting cylindrical Li-ion batteries so I packed each in a separate plastic prescription bottle (a good second use for those old medicine bottles). I removed the toiletry and vaping bags from my carry-on bag and put these into the tray for TSA scanning.

Vaping at airports. I try to do this as discreetly as possible: a stall in the men's room works for me.

Vaping on the plane. I did it once in the restroom during a four-hour flight. Don't think you are getting away with this... once that rest room door is opened the flight attendants are going to smell a flavored juice. Plus, the vaping flavor will hang on you and your clothing.

Last resort for the in-flight nicotine fix: I always pack extra Kleenex and a tin of Copenhagen. Faster and more discreet than vaping. The only time I use Copenhagen is on the airliners.

knitngurl

Feb 24, 2012
The Rocket City
I have only flown once since I started vaping. Had my eGo-T, my Volt, some carts and a couple 10ml bottles of juice in my purse. Had no problems with security. Stealth vaped a mint cart on my Volt in the airports and a bit on the plane. If anybody smelled anything, It was minty like my gum ;) Also, no problems with my knitting needles either. If my flight had been crowded I would have gone to the lavatory to vape, but I was fortunately the only one in my row.

base234

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2011
Over the edge...
I've vaped in several airports, no problems at all. Just be cool about it. You don't have to stealth vape, but don't walk around blowing vapor all over the place. Vaping on the aircraft is just plain stupid! You can carry your PVs and some small bottles of juice in your pockets. Larger bottles in a baggie in your carry on. TSA has seen plenty of e-cigs.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I've tried Copenhagen long cut and pouches on aircraft. The pouches give you the hit faster and are easier to dispose of than long cut. I don't like the taste from either but it gets the nicotine job done fast while in-flight.

Snus is a better product if you can find it but in my area Snus is hard to find while Copenhagen Pouches are available inexpensively at any gas station.

I find any of these smokeless tobacco products to be rank. It's just strong, finely ground moist tobacco leaves with added salt. If it gets me through a long flight that's OK with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread