Vaping Cures the Flu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
I think the takeaway from this is that an unconfirmed minimal shoestring “study” isn’t a conclusive anything.

The minimal study being the one done in the link I shared in OP?

If yes, I agree that's one take away. But not the one I was going for. I think it worthy of study how many vapers have gotten far fewer colds than when they were non-vapers. You'd think that information would be conveyed and touted as benefit, if it holds true that most vapers do experience less colds since becoming vapers.

Reactions: Mordacai

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The minimal study being the one done in the link I shared in OP?

If yes, I agree that's one take away. But not the one I was going for. I think it worthy of study how many vapers have gotten far fewer colds than when they were non-vapers. You'd think that information would be conveyed and touted as benefit, if it holds true that most vapers do experience less colds since becoming vapers.
Touted by whom though? Even minimal shoestring studies are slow and expensive. vaping groups attempted to do research themselves at one point but it was blocked by BT. There’s just as much prevention of research as there is research going on.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Back when I smoked I used to get a lung infection once or twice a year that lasted for weeks and lingered as a persistent cough. I haven't had that happen once in the seven years since I switched to vaping. Correlation is not causation but it's tempting to give credit to vaping. I like to think that a) not weakening my lungs with smoke, combined with b) the biocidal properties of the PG in the vapor, have made me more resistant.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Touted by us. I don't expect it to be well known. Wish it was, but it's a nice little secret that if health officials wish to ignore, so be it.
Smokers are more at risk of influenza than non smokers.
Most of us are smokers and then we stopped. Around the same time we also stopped getting the flu as severe or as often.
I want this to go the way you want it to, but I think there is a lot more going on. :)

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
@Jman8, a study would have to look at smokers and vapers. And note number of infections, type of infection, severity and duration.

But I think that it would be quite interesting indeed.

And one thing that also has to be taken in consideration when being an ex smoker is, how many years have we been poisoning our bio flora, bio fauna and our own biochemistry. And then how much genetic damage and changes have occurred and if these things can be reversed somewhat.

All I do know with my last paragraph, is that BT and BP definitely doesn't want that information to be available to the public for scrutiny.

Reactions: Jman8

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Smokers are more at risk of influenza than non smokers.
Most of us are smokers and then we stopped. Around the same time we also stopped getting the flu as severe or as often.
I want this to go the way you want it to, but I think there is a lot more going on. :)

I've essentially always been a dual user while being a vaper. Though, I'm currently around 98% vaper and 2% smoker. But even when I was around 60% vaper to 40% smoker, the less cold thing held true. At any rate, I've never really stopped smoking while being a vaper.

When I stopped smoking via going cold turkey, I still got colds at roughly the same rate (3+ times yearly).

I'm interested in what else you think is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread