Status
Not open for further replies.

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
We can only hope, but I think I'll hold off on any donations.

It's a private company that produces documentaries, and they're not taking donations. They intend to make money on the film, much the same way they do with other documentary films. See the interview below with the film director, Aaron Biebert:

DCBD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2014
USA

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Yes, it is. The Youtube video that @BuGlen posted with the director being interviewed is awesome. @BuGlen I can only give you 1 like, I hope you don't mind if I mention the @BuGlen name more than a few times.

Awww shucks! :blush: If you really like the interview video, don't forget to leave a positive comment for the people that made it. Also, I would recommend you check out a few more on the Inside Vaping YouTube channel. I would also recommend the Attainable Advocacy YouTube channel, which has the creative minds behind the [HASHTAG]#NotBlowingSmoke[/HASHTAG] campaign. It's all good stuff!

DCBD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2014
USA
We can only hope, but I think I'll hold off on any donations.

Yeah, been there done that, never got the t-shirt though...

If you watch the Youtube video posted above by @BuGlen, you'll discover that this documentary has nothing to do with any previous efforts and is being completely financed by a film company that specializes in documentaries. In the video, the director is interviewed and states they do not need money, they need publicity. We need to help them get the word out so it will be picked up by as many theaters as possible. The director is very passionate about vaping and is outraged at the propaganda being spewed by public health organizations and the governments.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
If you watch the Youtube video posted above by @BuGlen, you'll discover that this documentary has nothing to do with any previous efforts and is being completely financed by a film company that specializes in documentaries. In the video, the director is interviewed and states they do not need money, they need publicity. We need to help them get the word out so it will be picked up by as many theaters as possible. The director is very passionate about vaping and is outraged at the propaganda being spewed by public health organizations and the governments.
Yeah, I know.

I'm just taking this opportunity to express my displeasure with the "We Are Vapers" project.
I try and take every opportunity to do so, but don't mean to imply any similarities.

There's one person in the vape community that I will hold no love for.
And that's all I'm saying about that.

DCBD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2014
USA
Yeah, I know.

I'm just taking this opportunity to express my displeasure with the "We Are Vapers" project.
I try and take every opportunity to do so, but don't mean to imply any similarities.

There's one person in the vape community that I will hold no love for.
And that's all I'm saying about that.

I'm familiar with the previous efforts and have been taken by more than a few crowd funded projects. You have every right to protest, but I'd like like to keep this thread as distinct as possible to avoid any confusion, that's why I started it. This documentary is an awesome gift, costing us nothing, that will be very important to everyone on ECF and all vapers everywhere. I want to do everything I can to help make this documentary a success, as I'm sure you do. It's hard to be positive when you've been burned before, but making more positive comments in this thread will do more good than even mentioning other failed projects. I don't mean to get all OCD on you, it's just that we need everyones support on this project to help make it a success.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Yeah, been there done that, never got the t-shirt though...

Yeah, that's the most expensive $500 tee shirt I never received. However, it's okay. I sent a PM to Linc asking what happened and never heard back and it was a nice message.

DCBD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2014
USA
I just got an exciting email update from the director of A Billion Lives, Aaron Biebert:

Screen Shot 2015-06-30 at 7.18.07 PM.png

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
I got filmed by them in Chicago at SFATA confernence. They're going to do a second lot of filming in London in a couple of weeks.

Trust in this one, people - it's for real, and is totally happening. Great, great guys who are fully funded and have a vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread