Not open for further replies.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
The first flights I took when I started vaping in 2011 were an adventure. One in particular I got the royal treatment from the TSA and took the opportunity to educate about ten people while they searched my body cavities. These days I find it easier. :)
I concur with everything you say qorax. On the plane, stealthy as stealth can be and you're good to go. A respectful puff here and there and nobody's the wiser. In the airport, I park myself right out in the open and let it fairly rip. People in airports are so intent, hurried, confused, they look right at me and I don't think it even registers.

YMMV.

That is true. Most travellers would usually be too busy minding their own business than see what the other guy is doing. However, there'd also be folks who are stopping over 7-8 hrs for their next flight (I had a few times) and those are the folks who might be inquisitive!

Moreover, there'd be airport security, janitors, immigration officials and various other staff who might throw a spoke at our adventures. Humility and respectfulness is thus the key here to enjoy a vape if there are no smoking rooms.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I'd be too embarassed to pull out my device and start vaping in a crowded airport. If they had a smokers lounge I'd maybe head in there and have a vape. Otherwise, just like I did when I smoked, I'd wait until I was outside the airports. Ive craved a cigarette in airports before but I have dealt with it fine until I have reached my desitination point.

If we can - that definitely is a wise thing to do. But there are many folks like me who travel quite a distance (9hrs + 9hrs) ~ that's a pretty long time to control our urges!

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
That is true. Most travellers would usually be too busy minding their own business than see what the other guy is doing. However, there'd also be folks who are stopping over 7-8 hrs for their next flight (I had a few times) and those are the folks who might be inquisitive!

Moreover, there'd be airport security, janitors, immigration officials and various other staff who might throw a spoke at our adventures. Humility and respectfulness is thus the key here to enjoy a vape if there are no smoking rooms.
I guess I've always been a bit militant about vaping. It's the greatest thing in my life healthwise and I've *never* been embarrassed or ashamed about it. I'm always respectful of other people's personal spaces though, and I guess I expect them to respect mine. Works so far.

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
Great Post. Since I travel alot, this is good. since i started vaping, Ive flown on various airlines. Most recently, I was on a trip to Canada, from Japan, and then back....
I had my mech mod on me, and I did not refrain from vaping at all. I did refrain from blowing clouds at all. Its called ghosting. You hold in that vape long enough, and mix it with air and its either so thin that it is not noticable, or not present.
In the bathroom, (which i took a bit more of to drip when the plane was dark...) I blew a bit more vapor out, but still held it in long enough so it was super little super thin Vapor.

On my trip Japan to Philippines, to thailand to phillipines to Japan, I vaped on every single one of the flights and even in full view of the flight attendants. They saw me and didnt say anything, because I wasnt blowing a cloud. as a matter of fact, A guy (who i was talking to) noticed the flight attendant saw me vape and asked if it was allowed, she shrugged, and I assume it was because I wasnt blowing clouds.

with almost any mod, you can not blow a cloud at all if you take medium size hits and continue to inhale air a little bit more.
its not so difficult with practice. And most flight attendants couldnt care less as long as they dont need to put up with crap from someone complaining about your vapor.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
2evwbip.jpg

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Thanks Q for this thread.

Just FYI in December 2013 I got an ego confiscated by security while entering Oman. Luckily I had other 2 egos that were not seen. The confiscated one appeared on the scan inside the big bag but it was on top. So they said it is illegal to enter the country. However I convinced them to take it back when leaving and that what happened :).

By the way Q I might be traveling end of march to Vegas. I need to know how is it possible to take a clearo to the plane without being in a plastic bag?

And also FYI Qatar airways specify on board that ecigs is not allowed however in the toilet I was able to vape with a cigalike.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Thanks Q for this thread.

Just FYI in December 2013 I got an ego confiscated by security while entering Oman. Luckily I had other 2 egos that were not seen. The confiscated one appeared on the scan inside the big bag but it was on top. So they said it is illegal to enter the country. However I convinced them to take it back when leaving and that what happened :).

By the way Q I might be traveling end of march to Vegas. I need to know how is it possible to take a clearo to the plane without being in a plastic bag?

And also FYI Qatar airways specify on board that ecigs is not allowed however in the toilet I was able to vape with a cigalike.

Emirates does that too. And I found it is the only airline which also announces that while PAing their 'welcome message'!

As for the Clearos - I've been simply carrying them attached to my iTaste VV V3, both of which were kept inside my laptop bag. And except once, in Schipol Airport, I was never asked to even remove them from the bag in any airport.

The X-ray guy at Schipol enquired whether I was carrying "insulin shots"? :D When I said 'no' - he pointed out at the section of my bag which had my iTastes. I took them out and told them they were e-Cigs ~ and he didn't say anything further.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Emirates does that too. And I found it is the only airline which also announces that while PAing their 'welcome message'!

As for the Clearos - I've been simply carrying them attached to my iTaste VV V3, both of which were kept inside my laptop bag. And except once, in Schipol Airport, I was never asked to even remove them from the bag in any airport.

The X-ray guy at Schipol enquired whether I was carrying "insulin shots"? :D When I said 'no' - he pointed out at the section of my bag which had my iTastes. I took them out and told them they were e-Cigs ~ and he didn't say anything further.

AMS is tricky. Sometimes I go right through between the international terminal and Schengen terminal; other times I get the swabbing of my gear and hands. I always tell them I have e-cigarette gear as I go through, though.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
AMS is tricky. Sometimes I go right through between the international terminal and Schengen terminal; other times I get the swabbing of my gear and hands. I always tell them I have e-cigarette gear as I go through, though.

The 'swabbing' is for explosives traces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread