• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum
Status
Not open for further replies.

SonOfAries

Nov 11, 2010
Midwest, USA
I have been vaping in Iraq for 60 days now with my Ego and Johnson Creek Smoke juice. I love everything about both of them. My cardio workouts have went up in the gym, my clothes don't stink like smoke and I still get to relax with an awesome nicotine flavor.

I have been seeing those commercials on AFN which got me thinking about the long term effects, but I know that there is no way it could be worse for me than Cigarettes (analogs) because of how much better I feel. So I began investigating and what I have found so far is that these commercials AFN is putting out is nothing more than either a knee jerk reaction by a desk jockey (that would be a big surprise, LOL) or a greater political agenda put in motion by cigarette manufacturers and drug companies who make the nicotine patches and gum.

All I know is that I love vaping and it makes me feel better than smoking. If I can be of any assistance to anyone else here in Iraq, PM me...

Check out this article for a letter to the Armed Forces Surgeon General
CASAA.org

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
I don't think anyone can say for a fact that it's safe to vape. But I don't think it's a stretch to say that it's kinda dim to not understand that it's MUCH better than smoking. Like you said you're cardio goes way up. Especially if you smoked for a long time. tons less chemicals and so many other benefits. Would it be better to just quit cold turkey? I guess, but I did that about twenty times, it was always easy untill I started smoking again. Heck, back when I served they gave me packs of cigs while I was in combat. They didn't want us going into shops while we were on patrol to buy them (25 cents a pack 50 for marbs) and you know we would have regardless of orders, right?

Be Safe, Peace!!

Sparrots

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
North/central Nebraska
Hi SonOfAries,
Good to see you made your way here from clear over there! Welcome, PM incoming!
Stay Safe,
sparrots
I have been Vaping in Iraq for 60 days now with my Ego and Johnson Creek Smoke Juice. I love everything about both of them. My cardio workouts have went up in the gym, my clothes don't stink like smoke and I still get to relax with an awesome nicotine flavor.

I have been seeing those commercials on AFN which got me thinking about the long term effects, but I know that there is no way it could be worse for me than Cigarettes (analogs) because of how much better I feel. So I began investigating and what I have found so far is that these commercials AFN is putting out is nothing more than either a knee jerk reaction by a desk jockey (that would be a big surprise, LOL) or a greater political agenda put in motion by cigarette manufacturers and drug companies who make the nicotine patches and gum.

All I know is that I love Vaping and it makes me feel better than smoking. If I can be of any assistance to anyone else here in Iraq, PM me...

Check out this article for a letter to the Armed Forces Surgeon General
CASAA.org

my2heartboys

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Kansas, USA
SonOfAries, I also thank you for your service. My brother is a part of Kansas National Guard unit #778 and will be heading your direction (over to Iraq) within a couple of weeks (don't know the exact departure date and if I did I would certainly not post it on an unsecured area). Needless to say we are all worried since our president decided to go ahead and completely pull out all of the heavy military firepower (our president is not a very popular man in our household right now mostly because of this).

I know that the military has been trying to push it's members to quit smoking and I congratulate you on your decision.

You all stay safe, don't forget to duck, and don't let any empty set of boots come home with you.

Anne

McCordRM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I would have gone crazy without my Chuck over there.
(I was in Afghanistan) I used Cartomizers since I spent most of my time
driving or gunning in convoys. Kind of hard to drip out in the field. lol

My health has greatly improved since I started vaping. I'm glad to see
it has helped yours as well. Keep your head down, bro!

jonny2hottie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2010
Strong Beach, CALI
www.youtube.com
hahaha AFN...i hated their commercials..."dont shake your baby!"..anyway..your doin better than me bro. when i was downrange i did nothing but smoke n joke all day..i got up to almost 2 packs a day (galioses-or however they spell them)...good luck w/ vaping..its great and a box mod finally got me to quit

jonny2hottie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2010
Strong Beach, CALI
www.youtube.com
hey skyway whats up bro?! what unit you with? i gotta buddy still at bragg, he's in AA. the only commercials allowed downrange are AFN commercials.
That is great to hear that you can get the stuff you need over there. There are quite a few people here in Ft. Bragg area that are vaping also. It is starting to grow again. That is funny that they are running commercials on AFN over there.

HappyHooligan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2010
Welsh, LA
Welcome to vaping Son. I'm in Afghanistan and been vaping for a little over 2 months now I think. the mail is definately a big problem when it comes to gettting supplies. but I always keep a hideout bottle of juice and a spare atty. saved me couple weeks ago when the order took longer than usual.
I have had no problems here vaping anywhere I want, even had a puff or 2 in the chow hall.
best was when I was in Kuait on the way back from R&R and while sitting in lockdown vaping inside I had a fullbird and a CSM come and ask me about my ego and if it worked. didn't get in trouble for being inside, they were just curious and wanted to know where to get one for some of their peers who were trying to quit analogs. After I talked to them they seemed suprised because of the AFN commercials saying they were a waste of money and were worse then reeal cigs.

Take care of your self Brother.

Hooligan

Jetmec

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
SC
Son check this link for supplies. This is the only place I have found that gives the military a break and good guys here. eCigarettes and eLiquid from Awesome Vapor
Thank you for your service, keep your head down and come home safe.

USN 26 year retired I know not the same as being in the dirt but still put in my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread