• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum
Status
Not open for further replies.

NormC

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Athens, Greece
Being deployed and only watching AFN for a year straight actually makes you miss regular commercials....true story.

I worked AFRTS over 20 years during my AF career. Best thing about the job was spending 24 of 26 years overseas. We missed regular commercials too. I still watch AFN and I LOVE it when a real commercial slips through on some of the live shows!

Be safe!

Norm

Lauralie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2010
Here, there, everywhere!
That's me who's sending over vaping starter kits and supplies to Son to distribute to G.I.'s I'm sending them out on the first so they, hopefully, get there in time. What's with the nicotine energy drinks? Something new?
Rebecca

Yes it was! I think it is an absolutely WONDERFUL thing you are doing!

hamdamann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2010
Charlotte NC
hey guys anyone in the military tried to tell you that e cigs are banned im in the navy and i got E7s on my case telling me ecigs are banned in the military but i can find no mention of it anywhere but they wont shutup about it and thanks for you service over there im trying to do my part back here in the states

HappyHooligan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2010
Welsh, LA
In the army there is nothing about them being banned, there are just some afn commercials saying how they do not do anything and they are a waste of money. basically that the military does not approve of them, but it says nothing that they are not allowed. I have been looking into it and have not found a thing.

AS for the niccotine energy drinks, they have red bull gold over here, nic and caffine, haven't tried one yet, but a lot of guys seem to love them.

Hooligan

McCordRM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yea, the military hasn't come out and forbidden anyone from
using electronic cigs (that I know of). It seems to me they're
just covering their ... in the event something negative is
discovered. If they were to "Promote" e-cigs, and then it was
discovered that they caused lung cancer (for example), folks
would be suing.

Wolf

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2009
Kingston, WA, U.S.A.
I work on a Naval Base and I actually use my PV in my office. My husband is a retired E7 (Navy). We have heard nothing about the Navy banning them. IMHO I think someone should ask those Chiefs, with all due respect, to prove it. I know the Navy has a large anti-tobacco campaign running, but the e-cigs/PVs don't have tobacco in them, just an approximation at flavor. There is no smoke, just water vapor and the big one no disgusting butts. Maybe it has a lot to do with the fact that you can't smoke almost anywhere in California. Just a thought.

o4_srt

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Lancaster, PA
I saw some of those nicotine energy drinks while i was in Afghanistan. The medic had our interpreter pick him up some from Kabul. I personally wouldn't trust them and im sure its illegal to ship them stateside.

the only "nicotine" energy drinks I saw said they contained nicotinic acid on the label. I thought they actually DID contain nicotine, but it turns out that nicotinic acid is niacin (vitamin B3).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread