The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vaping in public in Thailand

Discussion in 'Thailand Forum' started by siampumpkin, Apr 11, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. tko

tko Full Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Texas
    I flew in at the beginning of March 2012 and out at the end of March 2012 and the smoking lounges were open in Swampy. I didn't go into BKK this time, but in Rayong, Pattaya, Korat, Buriram and Surin smoking on the street or in open air areas was not a problem.

All that is beside the point, though. I've been smoke free for a little while now. I'll be heading back to visit in March and about 1.5 years later I'll be moving there. I'm hoping there's some way to continue to supply my ecigs, as I'd rather not go back to analogs. Is it possible to buy straight nic, pg and vg and DIY?

2. Semi Reduction

Semi Reduction Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 17, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    I flew in last week and the smoking lounges were closed at BKK.

3. RPadTV

RPadTV Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2012
    Planet Awesome
    Btw, earlier this year I vaped at Bed Supper Club and the rooftop bar at Le Fenix, just in case anyone was wondering about those types of clubs.

4. tko

tko Full Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Texas
    Sounds like they've got a few different managers working that either shut or open the lounges. Typical TIT.

5. Chakris

Chakris Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Bangkok, Thailand
    I believe, there are a couple of people here in Thailand who DIY, however, I wouldn't know where or how they get their ingredients. Maybe they'll chime in here soon. For what it's worth, at least you know it is possible.

6. jackbox

jackbox Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2012
    Thailand (U.S. Expat)
    You have to buy the nic liquid from Europe. Orders under 2kg in weight do not require any customs documentation. I don't want to name vendors here for obvious reasons. PM me if you want websites and discount codes too!

There is also a local Thai guy I know that sells 100ml of nic liquid for 600 to 800 baht depending on nic level. I find his price way too high and never buy from him. But if you get in a jam and willing to pay 3 to 4 times what the stuff is worth you can go through him also.

7. Chakris

Chakris Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Wow, I hadn't heard of the change in the smoking law, thanks for the heads-up. Apparently, not too many Thais have heard of the change either - I don't see any change in the amount of people smoking on the streets. The smokers at my school still use "unofficial" smoking areas that have been kept going mainly under a "Grandfather Law".

That said, it might be a good idea to be more careful about where I vape.

8. jackbox

Jan 25, 2012
    Thailand (U.S. Expat)
    There is no godfather law. Smoking within a private or public elementary or high school is prohibited by law. There is no grandfather clause and no smoking area allowed, perioid. But this being Thailand, a lot of schools do whatever they want anyway.

9. Cid78

Cid78 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 7, 2012
    Indonesia
    I will be going to Bangkok Feb next year. Have to be carefull when vaping there i guess..

10. preq2003

preq2003 Full Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Shah Alam
    Hi friends, any update on this matter?i'll be travelling to Bangkok this june,from Malaysia.thinking of bringing my mech mod,couple of batteries, charger and liquids.

11. jackbox

Jan 25, 2012
    Thailand (U.S. Expat)
    The heat seems to have gone away as all the websites that closed reopened and I think most retail spots are back in business. Just keep your vaping to a low profile and you should be okay. I have not heard of any enforcement against users yet.

12. Semi Reduction

May 17, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    I just got back from 3 months in Thailand. I checked my mods and juice (500ml) in and didn't have any probs. I was a bit hesitant to carry stuff on board with me, but plenty of people do. I even saw an old lady vaping in the boarding lounge at BKK airport. Didn't have any probs vaping in public over the three months I was there, but as mentioned previously, technically it is illegal. The main risk is getting them through the airport as most police wouldn't know that the law exists, and even if customs agents realised what the mods were, chances are they'd just confiscate them. I can't imagine them charging anybody over it, but weirder things have happened in Thailand.

13. preq2003

preq2003 Full Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Shah Alam
    thanks for the reply guys.

500ml is a lot of liquids yet no problems. so I should worry for no thing and just act normal while passing the checks.

14. Semi Reduction

May 17, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Should be fine, but even if you are worried, act normal :toast:

15. Koman

Koman Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2010
    lv
    Think of going to Thailand...very useful thread for me :)

16. Anbessa

Anbessa Full Member Verified Member

May 13, 2013
    Thailand
    My expeariances Vaping in public in TH is so far i had no issues. As my wife sayed,just don't Vape were smoking cigarets is prohibited anyway because moast of the people simply just don't know the difference. If you do look carefully around,you can see locals smoking analogs everywere,eaven in non smoking areas because they simply don't care but don't think it would give you the same right to do so Vaping. You are still a guest in this country and it's your choiche of what picture the locals get from you. Anyways,as i read earlyer. Just keep it to a low profile and everything will be OK. The golden rule is don't bother the locals and they don't bother you.

17. Richieboy

Richieboy Full Member

Jun 27, 2013
    Vapeland
    Just dropping in to say hi, I'm here in Pattaya and bought my first Ego e-cig from a street vendor and have been off the analogs a week now...hope this thread stays active because I got some questions for fellow Thailand/Expat vapors. :vapor:

18. guitar

guitar Moved On

Good information here ,i know of 1 westerner guy just stating sell stuff and make his own juice to order Facebook Vapor Mist .i tried just 4 flavours to start and was good vape.15ml costing me 70baht.

19. Terenceg

Terenceg Full Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Ara Damansara
    I was running around Siam Paragon, Platinum, everywhere vaping. Some guard stopped me, i told them "Nee mai dai pen Buri" this is not ciggie...then they say ok..sorry sir !! hahahah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.