Vaping in Qatar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amtheora

Feb 20, 2018
Hi,
I am a new member here, I am fairly new to vaping.started only a few months ago. I am living in Qatar and here the legislation on vaping is pretty confusing. I have heard stories about peoples vape gear being confiscated and fined and also people who made it through the airport without any issues. I am looking to connect with fellow vapers in Qatar and have a better understanding of risks associated.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
مرحبا
and welcome to the forum!
Yes it seems the legislation is applied very inconsistently, it depends on whether they like your face or not, that can be really frustrating. There are several countries where that's the case, like e.g. turkey where vaping is banned but if you know the right people (and dropped the right amount of money) you can open an under the counter vape shop and authorities will turn a blind eye.

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
Sadly I don't know of a surefire way, it seems to be a lottery if your package will go through customs or not. The easiest way would be if you know someone who can bring it to you or if you order parts/boards and build your own device.
I don't know the law in Qatar (and my arabic is horrible to say the least ;) ), if you try anything make sure there isn't a big potential punishment associated with it.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Thanks for the response, vape products are widely available here though but intensively expensive. Is there any way to order online and get it cleared in customs ?

Personally I couldn't say how to get something through customs, but places like Fasttech and GearBest and HeavensGifts:

FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics

vape mod - Best vape mod Online Shopping | GearBest.com Mobile

https://www.heavengifts.com

All sell vape gear/electronic cigarettes at very reasonable prices and they do sell to people who live in areas where the laws concerning vaping are sketchy but the risk of confiscation is yours - meaning, if your purchase gets confiscated at customs you cannot get your money back..

However, places like Fasttech and GearBest sell other things than e-cigarettes, so most packages (which are discreetly marked as electronic parts,) can often get through customs.. but you still take the risk of losing your shipment, in case it's your package that is opened and inspected for content. (And deal with whatever legal arises over potentially breaking the law when your government finds out)

If you do shop at these places, just know that it takes a while to get most shipments, average wait time to get a shipment from day of order an be a month, if not longer.. this is just how long it takes something to get anywhere from China, so you have to have some patience.

Amtheora

Feb 20, 2018
Personally I couldn't say how to get something through customs, but places like Fasttech and GearBest and HeavensGifts:

FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics

vape mod - Best vape mod Online Shopping | GearBest.com Mobile

https://www.heavengifts.com

All sell vape gear/electronic cigarettes at very reasonable prices and they do sell to people who live in areas where the laws concerning vaping are sketchy but the risk of confiscation is yours - meaning, if your purchase gets confiscated at customs you cannot get your money back..

However, places like Fasttech and GearBest sell other things than e-cigarettes, so most packages which are discreetly marked as electronic parts, can often get through customs.. but you still take the risk of losing your shipment, in case it's your package that is opened and inspected for content. (And deal with whatever legal arises over potentially breaking the law when your government finds out)

If you do shop at these places, just know that it takes a while to get most shipments, average wait time to get a shipment from day of order an be a month, if not longer.. this is just how long it takes something to get anywhere from China, so you have to have some patience.
I have bought a tank from fasttech any got it without any issues, but they don't ship to Doha anymore. Have to check the geatbeast. I don't worry about package being confiscated as long as I don't end up with a hefty fine.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Opinionated

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
And have anyone of you tried bringing vape gear through Doha airport, I took my gear back home for Vacation and left it there in fear of getting caught on airport. Any advice will be very helpful as I am trying to get it through someone coming here.

Scratch what I said.. I just read it is now absolutely illegal and you will be unable to bring something through the airport. .. if you try you can face disciplinary action..

• Useful
Reactions: Baditude

Amtheora

Feb 20, 2018
I have no new information about Doha, back in 2015 you could take your electronic cigarettes through the Doha airport without confiscation, and have up to 100ml of eliqiid, but that very well could have changed, and that travel note may not apply to citizens, it may be just for visitors.
Thanks, I have asked a couple of people who sell vape stuff here and responses were varied and confusing. And I have seen a guy vaping in airport entrance.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Thanks, I have asked a couple of people who sell vape stuff here and responses were varied and confusing. And I have seen a guy vaping in airport entrance.

Please read my second post. . What people are seeing at the airport is people who have connecting flights through Doha, they are allowing those people to take their electronic cigarettes through the airport, but not allowing electronic cigarettes into the country, so if your end is Doha without a connection to somewhere else, you will face disciplinary action if you try and bring electronic cigarettes.

That is where the confusion lies.. but DO NOT try and make it through the airport.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Thanks for the responses, guess I will buy an over priced mod here rather than getting caught
Welcome and glad you joined.
We have American zealots making "rules" cloaked as righteous (their god is money) over here too, sorry to hear about your problems. It's so simple, vaping saves lives and money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread