Ok! Now I am officially confused!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

krish80

Sep 23, 2012
Qatar
Quick Lowdown - Been vaping for a week - after 12 years of a pack a day smoking - can't believe the switch was so easy?!! Or am I speaking too soon ? :p :))

Important Question: I got the basic ecigarette with cartridges, and I use about 3-4 carts per day, and wanna upgrade quickly.

Another Dilemma - I live in Doha, Qatar - where ecigarettes are not officially banned, but not allowed to be sold in stores also. So some guys import from China and sell on the downlow.

The available models here - Ego -C, Ego-T, Ego-W, Vivi Nova, Ego CE5 - dats all :( (** Ego-C has not yet officially reached Qatar - maybe in a a couple of weeks as per the chatter)

My main requirement - something with a very very easy maintenance as I will not be able to buy replacements 'attys', 'cartmoizers' and these fancy new terms I am hearing.

Am satisfied with the vape of a simple ecig, so basically all I am looking for is something that is easy to maintain - have been reading for a week and am getting more and more confused with so much material and youtube material - and this GrimmGreen dude thinks pretty much everything sucks??!!

Any advice will be great :) Glad to join the vaping community!! (But you guys seriously need to make it a lil simpler for newbies LOL :)

meli.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Private Suite GroenDakkies
Hi Krish80, Welcome to ECF:)
We have a few members from your part of the world so don't feel lonely.
I would really suggest you go with the Vivi Nova's they work! Well!
You can get replaceable heads, re-wick and recoil them if you want to do your own maintenance. Easy peezy lemon squeezy.:D
If you go with Vivi's get 2 Twists. They work hand in glove with each other. A great set-up all-round.
Happy Vaping.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Hi. Oh gosh, for your situation planning is everything.

I agree with meli about the ViVi tank setup. So long as you can get the supplies you need - wick and kanthal wire - at least that is a setup you can rebuild yourself and keep working. Buying an entire year's worth of those supplies would cost very little.

Consider attys too. Just for the reason that they can last a long time - months - with proper cleaning and the cartridges are easy to clean and reuse.

Cartomizers...? Your problem there is they don't last very long. So unless you could them 100 at a time - and know where your next 100 would be coming from - it's probably the least practical thing to use for your circumstances.

As far as the eGo stuff goes: It's all batteries with the same 510 connector - which is good. Anything will work on the models you listed as long as it has a 510 connector. You may want to see what capacity batteries you can get. Larger capacity batteries generally have a longer life span. The smallest size and capacity battery of the models you listed wll most likely be the ones in an eGo-T kit.

The eGo-T and eGo C will be tank setups. Opinion on eGo tank systems tends to run to extremes: people either love them or hate them. They can be fussy to keep working properly. And some times the only thing you can do to fix a problem is replace the atty or the tank in these systems. If getting parts specific to these two models will be a problem they probably wouldn't be a good choice.

meli.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Krish, you can import from China too. Vapourbreak.com have seriously good deals I have placed and order with them and they came recommended by a seasoned Vet on this forum. They don't mark their packages with information etc, only as gift and very little customs value. Have a look. I'm not sure about the Nic situation in Qatar, I understand it's tricky for you guys, maybe if you have chat with some our members in the Arabic speaking forum, they'll be better able to help on that. العربية you'll need to get your 5 post count up and wait 45min for server reset tho.:)

krish80

Sep 23, 2012
Qatar
Krish, you can import from China too. Vapourbreak.com have seriously good deals I have placed and order with them and they came recommended by a seasoned Vet on this forum. They don't mark their packages with information etc, only as gift and very little customs value. Have a look. I'm not sure about the Nic situation in Qatar, I understand it's tricky for you guys, maybe if you have chat with some our members in the Arabic speaking forum, they'll be better able to help on that. العربية you'll need to get your 5 post count up and wait 45min for server reset tho.:)

Thanks for your help!! The guy who is selling the different models in Qatar, is vaping on a Vivi, so I guess that should say something :)) My only complaint abt the Vivi is that it looks weird - its not aesthetically appealing like an Ego W or 510T. But I guess looks shouldn't clinch this.

Whats your take on the Ego-W?? It looks great!! have you tried it?

Buggs5347

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Arizona
There isn't anything that doesn't need replacements regularly. Atomizers, whether in a cartridge, cartomizer, vivi or other clearo - they all quit working eventually and arrive doa on occasion. Sometimes they work once, sometimes they work a few days, a week or a month. They all also come with their own pros and cons for use and maintenance.

If you don't like the looks of the vivi - get the W or the T - you can buy a vivi tank, later. They are all 510 threaded. If I were you, I'd see if he has the ego c twist batteries, which gives you variable voltage and a lot more options for delivery system ohm ratings. Always buy backups and backups for your backups.

meli.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
You're correct, right off the bat they don't look so nice, but pretty doesn't always give you a good vaping experience. With the 3.5ml Vivi's you can get different coloured metal tanks, these don't interfere with some juices. You could get a plinth for it to make it look better. I love my Vivi's I fill up in the morning and lasts pretty much all day. Definitely has become my go to clearo.
You could get a mini vivi nova, these take 2mls and also have the interchangeable heads. Examples courtesy of google.

images
images

I have both the ego 650 and twist 1000mAh, I would still recommend the Twist simply for the variable voltage. It's up to you tho.:)

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Vivi Nova 2.5. Make sure it's a 2.5. Or a clearo. I use to be a Ego tank person. But to hard to fill. The attys don't last long old technoligy.
I have some carty's but my clearo and will be receiving my VV soon. I use 3 dif batteries. An Ego twist 1000, Ego passthrough and when it gets back from the shop a Provari
Learned variable voltage it s must. No telling what ohm atty you may need to use.
This is a bit easier than recommending juice. Not as subjective.

WELCOME TO ECF.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Definitely some battery setup like the EGO or better and I would recommend rebuildable Carto/Clearomizers. I use several different types and they serve me well. VaporBreak.com in China does have excellent pricing and the owner seems very nice. My first order was perfect. the second was a real problem but I will see if it is fixed when the last 2 orders arrive. So at this time I can only say use at your own risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread