Vaping is sweeping my dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are utterly fascinated my my PV. Most of my immediate coworkers have now purchased some sort of PV. People ask me about it all the time and then ask me to point them in the direction of a website for products, info, etc. I live in a house with 3 other guys. They all either mooch my PV or have bought their own. It's truly an amazing phenomenon.

kren

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2012
PA
LOL, the same thing has happened to me. Every single smoker I know has bought a convenience store e-cig in the last three weeks. But I am quite certain that none of them is doing the e-cig forum research that I have done, so I don't hold out much hope for any of them. All of them are interested in it, but they all want something as simple as buying a pack of cigs. vaping right, with good liquid, good batteries, backup equipment -- as easy as it can become -- is a LOT harder to get up to speed on. I try to tell them this but their eyes glaze over. Sigh.

andyman97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Upstate NY, USA
That is great! My younger brother just ordered a kgo kit with some boge cartos and AVE juice. I'm glad he listened to me, as getting started with a quality vaping experience will make him less likely to reach for analogs.

I also have one of my neighbors that took some business cards from different vendors to check out.

Eddie.Willers

ECF Wiki SysOp
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
Prairie Canada
In 10 years there won't be an analog industry.

I respectfully disagree - they won't go down in the US without a fight and they still have a huge grip on less-developed parts of the world. Additionally, some of the pension funds of the tobacco industry are worth more than the GDP of major European countries. That kind of $$$ can buy a lot of influence.

DarbukaDave

Drumming Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2010
Hornell, New York
I respectfully disagree - they won't go down in the US without a fight and they still have a huge grip on less-developed parts of the world. Additionally, some of the pension funds of the tobacco industry are worth more than the GDP of major European countries. That kind of $$$ can buy a lot of influence.

This! Lotta money in play with tobacco....pv's have a ways to go, but we are moving in the right direction :)

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
Thats great to hear!
I know exactly how you feel. Im out of college now, but still have a lot of friends in college and I went to a concert 2 weeks ago with a few friends from school. All of them smoke cigs and they loved my E-power and were hitting it all night. I told them they should get an ecig and get off cigs, but I didnt know if they would actually do it or not. Last weekend I went to visit some friends at school and now 4 of them all have E-Powers, which made me laugh. I had to give mini-lessons on how to fill cartos with a syringe, how to use the PV, etc, but now their all hooked on it. And I know that 2 of them have already completely stopped smoking cigs and the other 2 have cut back from 1-2 packs a day to 1-2 cigs a day, and hopefully will be cig free soon too. I also got 2 texts this week from other friends that told me they bought PVs bc they tried the E-Powers that my friends bought from when I turned them on to ecigs.
Its awesome bc I know that Ive helped a bunch of my good friends get off cigs and think its even funnier that all of them have ecigs now and are converting other people at school now too the same way I converted them

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Our major threat right now is the tobacco industry. They see the impact that ecigs could have on their bottom line and won't go down without a fight. Government has become addicted to big tobacco lawsuit payments that are commonly used for other purposes other than the education of minors about the evils of smoking. I predict that we will find BT behind the attacks on ecigs by the FDA and other organization.

Big Tobacco is legally bound to pay the government $206 Billion over 25 years from 1998. That kind of money gets serious consideration.

The Tobacco Master Settlement Agreement (MSA)

Last edited:
I actually quit smoking many years ago, but I enjoy the puff of a cigar from time to time. Vaping has filled that void for me. I have researched in depth the metabolism of both propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin. I'm happy to say I haven't found anything too concerning yet and plan on posting a full report of my findings when I'm done.

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
My favorite is my non-smoker friends who after explaining it to them, have no problem with me vaping indoors, or around their kids. Or better yet, want to see how big a plume I can make!

A couple of them have now started asking me what rig to buy their other friends who smoke lol.

I'm spreading the word vicariously. LOL

Sent from my HTC HOLIDAY using Tapatalk

andyman97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Upstate NY, USA
Every single person I've let try my e-cig has gone out and bought one. A cheapie convenience store one, granted, but it's a start. But I don't think they're willing to put the effort in .... not much I can do about that right now...
That's what I see, as well. A lot of people don't want to commit to anything that requires effort. With analogs, you just buy a pack and smoke them up...no long term commitment, no real work. My brother's kgo kit came in yesterday and he said he was going to wait until Sunday to get started. I told him to call me because there were some things he needed to know to get the most out of the setup. I mentioned syringe filling his cartos and he freaked out and said he wouldn't be using a syringe. Ah well, maybe once he gets started and realizes that's about the easiest way to do it....

Vaping is catching on at my workplace too, but most people seem to be going for "E-Lites" which are the cigalike type, and are being sold pretty actively all over the UK right now.

It's great that so many are now trying it, and I live in hope that at least some of those will go on to bigger and better pv's.

I've tried to tell them that they don't need it to look like a real cig, and that the better setups will be much more rewarding, but I guess it's a step too far for most as yet.

My worry is that people will think that those cigalikes are all there is, and will give up on vaping as they can't get enough from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread