Vaping novice, taste issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ECF,

My fiancee and I started vaping around 5 months ago. We started on the VIP brand including their flavours. We started to branch out.

I ordered an innokin iTaste v3 variable atty online and played about with it to learn about it. We kept the VIP clearomizers, but I noticed the flavours seemed to start getting tasteless.

Last week, I ordered 2 Kangertech T3S clearomizers from Amazon, was really hyped when they arrived this morning because I read online (think it might've been here) that they were good for flavour.

I almost immediately found the taste to be quite weak. I played around with the wattage and voltage and was unable to find good settings to enable the flavour to improve.

Whats strange is how the resistance is different for both T3S clearos, one reading 2.7 and the other reading 2.3. I thought that the lower the resistance the better the flavour. The liberty flights clearomizer I had before only read 2.0.

All in all, we've spent around £200 on various kit and am getting fed up. I just want decent flavour from the experience. I'm starting to think it's my taste buds.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Whats strange is how the resistance is different for both T3S clearos, one reading 2.7 and the other reading 2.3. I thought that the lower the resistance the better the flavour. The liberty flights clearomizer I had before only read 2.0.

Yes and no. A lot also depends on atomizer design, air flow, and power.

All in all, we've spent around £200 on various kit and am getting fed up. I just want decent flavour from the experience. I'm starting to think it's my taste buds.

As Susan proposed, there is the possibility of Vaper's tongue.

Just wondering, are you still using the VIP brand of liquids, and are you switching flavors occasionally? Although I've been plagued less and less by vaper's tongue as time passes, if I stick to only one flavor for a significant period of time, I can get desensitized to it, and some flavors go completely "dead" for me if I don't switch up.

juggalofisher88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
K_Tech;13221339though I've been plagued less and less by vaper's tongue as time passes said:
I had the Ts3's and quite injoyed them. As for resistance mine came with 1 2.2ohm coils installed in each. But diffrent vendors sell with diffrent coils.
If u take the coil head out of the tank right below the thread it will be stamped with what ohm it is.
As for taste I'm still getting vapors tounge but only been in the game a few months now I've been vaping atleast 2-3 flavors a day and time between dead flavors had increased I used to have to switch weekly...
Anyways try the 1.8 coils around 3.6v that was my goto setting for that tank. Or maybe up it at .2v at a time using higher ohm coil till you find what works for you.

Powered by Area Rom Centura 1.3

Singaw: I never smoked in the beginning. I started vaping when my fiancee gave up smoking and started vaping instead. I wanted to try it and that way I could act as a support, it started off when I tried hers for a week or so and then decided to get my own kit.

Susan~S: Interesting. A quick search result for this and it would appear that this is probably the cause! It could be dehydration.

K_Tech: Yes, we pretty much bought a ton of VIP flavours and are still using those up. I also bought a couple of Liberty Flights XO juices, but as I say, we tend to just use VIP. They tasted great in the beginning, but recently most flavours I try just seem to be lacking. I switch between Cherry, Mango and Menthol. Mostly I stick to my main flavour, which is Cherry. I've noticed a severe flavour loss in the last 2 weeks. My fiancee says that she tastes them fine, so I know it's just me. I thought that buying the Kanger T3S clearos would improve the situation, but I was wrong. I mean earlier on, I set the voltage & wattage to max (5.0 and 11.0 respectively) and took about a 3 second drag. I couldn't even taste a burned sensation very well where my fiancee could.

juggalofisher88: The coils say 2.2 ohms on the bottom. I purchased 1 T3S clearomizer with 5 replacement coils and a second T3S clearo on its own.

What I don't understand is why the same atomizer gives 2 different resistances for 2 clearomizers, the exact same brand (different colours).

juggalofisher88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well ohm readings are subjective to a +/- of .2.
Also the coil that is reading higher could be faulty ( poor construction, short etc...)
Now if your talking the exact same atty head showing diffrent results on the two clearos then the problem could be with the clearos base where The atty screws into could be bad or faulty
Hope you sort things out
Vape safe!