Status
Not open for further replies.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Unless you want to be highly offended, I don't recommend this movie to anyone :lol:

I am safe. The last movie I saw [other than Mighty Morphin Power Rangers] was Fatal Attraction to which Mrs CMD dragged me when she was pregnant. [I thought there was a message being sent me.]

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
On the latest episode of Chicago Med (a show it embarrasses me to admit I watch), a twelve-year-old girl who has vaped for three weeks comes down with EVALI. There is no suggestion that she had been vaping black-market THC; she was supposed to have taken up vaping to quit smoking. The very clear message was vaping IS BAD AND WILL HURT AND MAYBE KILL YOU!!!

AlexEdler

Moved On
Jul 13, 2019
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Spammer

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
A thirteen-year-old is diagnosed with EVALI in the latest episode of New Amsterdam (yes, I do have a fondness for cheesy medical shows). The message was even more irritating than The Resident's. One character says, "Vaping's been around for years--how can you guys still not know [what causes EVALI]?" to which a doctor replies, "The products are always changing, and they're not being tested, they're not being regulated." No mention that the problem is due to vitamin E acetate in THC cartridges.

I was irked.

ozm8ey

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
melboune,australia
Well, not a movie, but, snake from the game metal gear solid V vapes a phantom cigar, which makes time pass. Now he'll probably have to go back to smoking cigs, which was used to detected inferred lasers from like C4 and also lowers his hp.
CPn0wPZWUAArdz2.jpg

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
This is something i was thinking about the other day.
I watch a ton of tv series and movies and scenes where someone vapes are like non-existant.
And yet the usage of smartphones is a major part of movies,it is everywhere and even in some movies they are major parts of the plot (Jexi,i admit it was funny).
So addiction to smartphone use is ok but not vaping?
That is just something i dont understand,irony is how something called Smartphone makes some people dumber.
Now im not calling all smartphone users dumb,just those that have an addiction,those are the same ones tha fall down a cliff while taking a selfie or go to a minefield to catch a pokemon.
I mean for work purposes i could understand,like actors,singers,etc,etc in those cases you use social media to keep relevant but people who dont really work in those type of jobs?
yeah i just dont see it,i even named a sindrome after all those that post pics of food.
I call it the ''christopher colombus sindrome'',they upload a picture of a burguer to instagram like they just discovered America.
No one ever before in the whole wide world ever thought of putting a beef patty in between 2 buns :rolleyes:
Im old school baby,been using the same cellphone for 12 years,when i was in shanghai i bought a box of these:

Nokia_5100_Blue_(sharper_brighter).jpg

Box had 10 phones,ive used only 5 so far,these suckers could withstand a nuclear blast hehe
Is there any law against vaping in movies or tv series?
Back in the day cigarette brands would pay to have their cigarettes smoked on the big screen,same could apply to vaping.
Nothing against drug use (cannabis) but you see that plenty in movies and tv series,along with use of pills,...,etc,etc but vaping? nah barely see any of that...just seems odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread