Status
Not open for further replies.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I don’t have cable, I stream, and I don’t go out to movies. So I’m not always watching the latest tv and movies. But I did see a show, I think it was called Missing, British show about a little boy who went missing while on vacation.

Just one brief scene, the detective ( I think, maybe not) middle aged guy, pulls out a pen style and hits it a few times. He’s standing alone, it’s not a flashy rig, nothing is said about it.

I like how that was done. It was one face of vaping that is never talked about, never shown.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Safe Vape scene.jpg

Ionori

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2017
    Here we go again.
    In this scene the cool doctor is smoking and the scumbag bouncer is dragging on his vape pen.
    How much does big Tobacco pay to keep reinforcing this stereotype .
    In my experience, trying to demonize vaping is counterproductive, I decided to start vaping because I felt like .... and realized I had to stop smoking, and being exposed to a lot of anti-vaping propaganda only made me think of vaping first as a means to do that. It also didn't hurt that I had a few vaping friends that immediately hooked me up with an old eGo-style battery and a bunch of high nic juice.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    New Netflix film 'The Package'.
    The character is a two dimensional douchbag plot device, and guess what he vapes....
    This is clearly a trope that someone is pushing pretty hard. Can anyone American comment on whether this is the general consensus among normal non vaping people that vapers are considered douchs?

F6Iwg3f.png

4fjC4Bj.png

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Uh, I think that depends on your definition of "person" and also, "normal."

I'd say there is a pretty harsh trope against vaping similar to smoking, I haven't seen a lot of "winners" vape, so to speak. I think Batman's the perfect person to take it on, he's a hero but he's dark.

And, unless shilling for BT (I am talking to YOU, Jenny McCarthy) I don't necessarily see a TON of celebs like, doing it in public although I'm sure many of them DO vape. I mean, I assume. But those vape pics are usually connected to "US magazine's celebrities in the wild," pictures and whatnot.

I bet Paris Hilton vapes. :lol::lol: Plenty of rappers who like to advertise their vape, but you are never sure what substance is being vaped. I look at vaping as perfect for a singer, actually, it is far less likely to mess up your respiratory system.

I never thought vapers (as a class) were douches, but then again, I have never condemned, as a class, "smokers."

Smoking is still the REAL sin, I want to say, but vaping is one where if you pay off a cardinal, you could still make it into heaven. Etc.

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread