Not open for further replies.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Did someone mention "light saber"? LOL
    27560154035_e964c1c3d6_w.jpg

(missing from the above are my 2x Dani 21700's)

The one on the left was a real tank, took a 26650 and had a early (very crappy) YiHi chip in it. Speaking of 26650's:
    27757696100_a87ef0f73d.jpg

while the P4U and hcigar's did not make the cut (sadly I have multiple of them) the #6, Presa and Boxer's did. (multiple of these as well)

Anyone for dual battery mods?
    27076835172_32cd9ce1f2_w.jpg

while there are a handful of others missing from the above image, none of the above (and others) could do proper balance charging and did not make the cut for that and simply being to large for a shirt pocket. (the RED one is a rare example of a dual battery YiHi SX350J. Second from right is Sigeli's very failed attempt at programmable TCR)

And, yes - I did play with a number of pen mods over the years:
    50471708282_cfd8d46321_w.jpg

truth be told, I still like my tube mods and use a Dani 21700 every day:
    50427977616_884cff21ea.jpg

g.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Of course my juice purchasing lacked sophistication

View attachment 974624

That criss cross original tobacco eliquid is what got me to dig myself out of the tobacco flavor rabbit hole. It made me sick for about a half hour and that was it for me. I told myself that I don't need tobacco flavors where there are other flavors that I actually like...and I never looked back. I also can't vape raspberry to this day because i believe that "original tobacco" liquid had a raspberry note in it.

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I went for months (2010) not even knowing that you could buy a whole (10ml) bottle of juice. So after I vaped those (5) carts dry, I just tossed the whole Blu thing in the bin.
    Then when I discovered that I could buy a bottle of juice, I of course wanted the very best tobacco flavor that existed.
    ENS sold me a bottle of "Caliber Red & White". Tasted like I just siphoned some ones GAS TANK!!!!!
    Then I discovered that there were flavors like RY4, and 555, and all kinds of other stuff. And, it was "game over" when I found "Espresso", and I was hooked for good. I still vape that flavor. Only .... now I make it myself for 6 cents/ml instead of paying some company a buck/ml to mix it for me.

AznK

May 17, 2022
    Did someone mention "light saber"? LOL
    27560154035_e964c1c3d6_w.jpg

(missing from the above are my 2x Dani 21700's)

The one on the left was a real tank, took a 26650 and had a early (very crappy) YiHi chip in it. Speaking of 26650's:
    27757696100_a87ef0f73d.jpg

while the P4U and HCigar's did not make the cut (sadly I have multiple of them) the #6, Presa and Boxer's did. (multiple of these as well)

Anyone for dual battery mods?
    27076835172_32cd9ce1f2_w.jpg

while there are a handful of others missing from the above image, none of the above (and others) could do proper balance charging and did not make the cut for that and simply being to large for a shirt pocket. (the RED one is a rare example of a dual battery YiHi SX350J. Second from right is Sigeli's very failed attempt at programmable TCR)

And, yes - I did play with a number of pen mods over the years:
    50471708282_cfd8d46321_w.jpg

truth be told, I still like my tube mods and use a Dani 21700 every day:
    50427977616_884cff21ea.jpg

g.
    Love my lightsabers

Katcandoo

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 4, 2013
    Georgia , USA
    Old school mods are dependable, just like old appliances and (now illegal) full flush toilets. New items become obsolete quickly. My Vamo is always a reliable in a pinch, as is the 20 y/o huge countertop microwave we haul down from the attic when the fancy ones quit. ‍♀️

rob33

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2009
    A World Traveler
    I think it was around 2012 I just got a REO squonker and a RDA. Still vaping at 18mg, I was in the local vape shop and there was a new clerk behind the counter, a early 20 something really cute young lady. She saw my new setup and wanted to give it a go. I said sure, she placed a tip rubber on the tip and took a big draw. That pretty chick turned pea green, it was then I realized, and told her " oh that's 18mg". I thought for sure she would lose breakfast. I never saw the cute chick again in the vape shop.

• Winner
    Reactions: vapingfool

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
    Dec 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    I went for months (2010) not even knowing that you could buy a whole (10ml) bottle of juice. So after I vaped those (5) carts dry, I just tossed the whole Blu thing in the bin.
    Then when I discovered that I could buy a bottle of juice, I of course wanted the very best tobacco flavor that existed.
    ENS sold me a bottle of "Caliber Red & White". Tasted like I just siphoned some ones GAS TANK!!!!!
    Then I discovered that there were flavors like RY4, and 555, and all kinds of other stuff. And, it was "game over" when I found "Espresso", and I was hooked for good. I still vape that flavor. Only .... now I make it myself for 6 cents/ml instead of paying some company a buck/ml to mix it for me.
    That's why I cringe to see people suggesting disposables to newbies. It's best to dig in and learn, rather than be trapped by very limited options. As you point out, open systems are cheaper in the long run. I'm not sure disposables can't be credited for failures to quit smoking in favor of vaping. I knew several people who tried the NJoy back in 2012-13, gave up, and went back to smoking.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread