Vaping technique - suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinabaloo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Just a quick note; perhaps 'old hat' for some.

After some days experimenting, I think the best technique is to vape somewhat like a cigar - that is, inhale and hold, roll it around the mouth; no need to breathe it into the lungs. After inhale, extra air is taken in through the nose tather than mouth; so less vapor is drawn into the lungs; some is and it seems a better level to feel more pleasant and not choke/cough.

For extra hit, hold longer and breathe the vapor out (very) slowly through the nose.

I think this works best; and has the bonus of mitigating any possible harm that vaping might have to the lungs / high-level direct absorbption.

Last edited:

morgan69

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2011
South Africa
Very intresting,I believe there is no right and wrong way to vaping and that there are accually several ways to vape depending on what atty,voltage and device the user is useing.For example I have noticed that when useing a LR atty that is debridged it's best to have a very powerful draw,which keeps up with heat the coil is providing so that there is no spitting of eliquid.While writting this I think the draw technique has to be the right velocity to match the heat production of the coil.It's accually all subjective on what the user wants,like the technique for the most vapor will be different to the one used for flavor

Morgythekilla

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2011
MN
There really is only three general techniques. Inhaling all the way through, pull then inhale or cigar style..

Edit: Well obviously theres more, but I was just saying generally. Like you could cigar style then inhale through nose, Which I love to do to warm up my atty's. Or mix some of these up half an half.

Last edited:

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
i inhale the whole way through, only when I am mindless vaping. The oxygen mixed with the vape, gives me a stronger TH. Like, I keep the sides of my mouth open while im inhaling the juice, to also inahle air as well. But mostly I do it the pull then inhale way.

Hope I didn't offend anyone that vaped this way. It's just that everyone I know smoke the same way (I'm the only person that vapes). So, that's why I said that since I haven't met anyone that inhaled all the way through.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
I try not to inhale more than necessary.
For pipe/cigar style I sometimes slow inhale with mouth closed or almost closed; best w/ strong eliquids.
Only a fraction is inhaled but still get TH and flavor.
I often avoid inhale altogether w/ super strong eliquids.

I also inhale air prior to inhaling vapor in attempt to avoid deep inhale.

May not be necessary to minimize inhaled vapor but it doesn't take away from my enjoyment so why not.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
I just tried the cigar way of smoking and I really like it, but it takes too much concentration (I mindlessly chain vape). For me the cigar hit gives me more intense flavor that lingers, but the long draw gives me me more TH.

Cigar/pipe style vaping can put me in a trance; everything is in slow motion.
Plus it's easier than yoga.
Not something to do when in a rush; that's the time for mindless vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread