vaping to quit smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapevapevape234903204

Feb 1, 2016
my friends mom smokes cigs still even though her kids and I vape a lot. She says that when she vapes it cause her to cough because she has asthma. She has tried tobacco flavored ejuice and says it's not the same. I wanna get her off smoking to save her life but idk what to do. collectively we have RDAs, tanks and pens what would be the best to help her quit smoking. i have never smoked ever, so i dont what to do.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
I too have asthma and started with a Nautilus Mini on an IStick Mini and gradually moved up. I don't recall coughing a lot at first but it has been a while and from what I read it is quite common until you get used to the experience of inhaling vapor vs smoke. I can occasionally cough a little now on my high wattage DL setups but a little coughing now and again is worth not smoking. I haven't had to use my asthma inhaler since I started vaping.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
When I was dual using and after I finally quit I also coughed and suffered from throat irritation. This I believe was due to the effects of smoking because it goes away after you have not had a cigarette for a couple of weeks. I am not a doctor or scientist or paid to be one on TV this is just my own personal observation.

Vape On Safely

Reactions: Fozzy71

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Smoking causes more mucus production in the throat for one thing. So many bad affects on the throat from smoking the list goes on and on and on. Many of the smokers I know who are trying to quit or switch to vaping complain of the throat irritation and coughing. Some of it is attributed to smoking and other reasons is too high a nicotine content or to much PG. So many variables and hard to say exactly why but for me it was just a matter of not smoking and the time to adjust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread