Vaping while cold outside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Juice does not build up in your lungs regardless of temperature. If you are vaping outside in the cold keep your mod in an inside pocket when not in use to keep the batteries warm. Cold is an enemy of battery runtime.
This ^^ but i'll add the fact that juice gets thicker in the cold and make your wicks....wick less ? if that makes sense, i use a dripper and almost at the point i have to squonk every puff lolz.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The vape won't build up in your lungs at any temperature, that's just not how things work.

Depending on how cold trying to keep your vape warm somewhere on your person is likely a good idea. When it gets below 65 degrees (F) around here, I note that it IS harder on my batteries as I have to "warm" them up by using them, so sometimes it will take a few inhales to even get the vape going. Using high VG juices can also present a problem as VG does get thicker with cold and also may be slightly harder to get your vape going.

I mostly have the opposite problem where I won't leave my vapes in the car in the summer, even if I'm stopping for a minute as my car can heat up to rather high temperatures fairly fast and I worry about battery explosions. It's probably unlikely but it is *possible*. Vape equipment does perform differently in different environments, though, so it's often a helpful question to ask about it, and gear generally. :)

Welcome to ECF.

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I just created this account to discuss this, and if it is safe? would the juice build up in my lungs if it were cold out, and can I avoid this?
Thanks!
Welcome and glad you joined.
I would not be surprised that it would show trace amounts in your lungs after vaping. Not sure if e liquid would build up though. Good question.

Reactions: stols001

Foggyroomz

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Indiana
once atomized the e-liquid's reaction inside the body is the same regardless of air temperature in your environment. Like most of the good folks who have responded to this have stated the only real negative effects that environmental temperature really have on your vape is how long it takes to get the coils doing their job, the consistency of your e-liquid, and the devastation that the cold presents in battery performance. Now one interesting piece of trivia for you that nobody here has mentioned is that if you are traveling by air and use a tank system atomizer, drain your tank back into your juice bottle before boarding your flight otherwise the change in atmospheric pressure during your flight will break the vacuum in the tank causing it to drain the juice all over the place in your pocket or carry on bag. I never had anyone tell me this, and unfortunately found out trial by error when I flew to Scottsdale for a corporate training seminar a few years back and what a mess it made in my leather jacket. Outside of that winter and summer have equally troubling attributes with vaping but only in battery performance and juice consistency so vape until your heart is content just be safe about it and never leave your juice or your rig in your vehicle keep it on your person this way you can prevent catastrophic situations from occurring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread