Vaping With Pancreatitis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelson637

Feb 22, 2018
So i had pancreatitis a couple years ago due to heavy drinking, now my docs have specifically said no more drinking but nothing about smoking, but either way i dont smoke. i havent done any of those for about 4-5 years now. my brother vapes and i tried a couple tokes and i love it, i dont toke it enough to feel any effect on my pancreas, i was thinking of getting the juices with 0 nic in them and vape off just the flavors. now my question is, is there anyone with pancreatitis that vape? if so is this bad or should i not consider doing this?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I’m not a doctor but I do know pancreatitis is a big deal. Also apparently you’ve got serious addiction issues too, so picking up a new one is probably not a great idea. VG is basically a sugar for one thing and iirc the pancreas plays a large role in sugar metabolism.

This sounds to me like a question for your doctor

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes, only your doctor could give you the answer on that. I could see him okaying no-nic vaping but IDK how flavors and VG/PG would interact with your pancreas. Better safe than sorry, I would think.

Also, if you have the time and money for a new habit? If you quit smoking successfully, I'm not sure you "need" to start vaping, and I would assume your focus would be on your health right now, not picking up another "habit" that costs money, time to learn, and etc. I usually don't recommend vaping to someone who doesn't have a cigarette habit, and in your case I would recommend that even more so.

Best of luck, welcome to ECF, and I would suggest seeing what your doctor said about it. I hope your pancreatitis improves quickly.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: puffon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread