The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vaping without a drip tip?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by xDarkRelic, Feb 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. xDarkRelic

xDarkRelic Senior Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Texas
    Hey all!

So I was cleaning out my aspire k1 tank and completely lost my drip tip. I figured it'll still be okay to vape without it, so I have been for a few hours and I must say.

I like it better. Nothing different about the taste, but it makes my setup a little shorter, and more easily compact. So I guess on the the topic and question of the thread.

Do drip tips actually do anything? Or are they there just for looks. Can anyone recommend me a new drip tip, that is circular and not long? Do they even male those? Lol

2. dirky

dirky Full Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Bay Area, CA, USA
    Can vaping without a drip tip be done? Yes, but don't make eye contact with another man while doing so.

3. Chromag9

Chromag9 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 5, 2013
    United States
    Best 44th post ever.

4. defdock

defdock Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 15, 2011
    Dark Forest
    personaly - i would vape without a driptip. but i dont because of the mouth gunk buildup that accumulates. i never seem to see it happen on driptips but it sure does show up on SS attys.

i make short chub tips out of bic pen caps because im too cheap to buy one(plus i cant find on i like) - if you click my setup link below, there is a picture of one on an orchid.

5. Thrasher

Thrasher ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    Your gonna die....

Vaping without a driptip will cause the dilithyum matrix in your battery to collapse.

6. Rickajho

Rickajho ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 23, 2011
    Boston MA
    If you ever get an RDA - no drip tip would be a really bad.

You want to look for shorty drip tips, assuming the Aspire will fit standard 510 tips. I'm not sure what you mean by "circular and not long" - that could be a lot. Like this one: Belly Transformer Drip Tips MadVapes has a lot of other drip tips - just to give you an idea that there are many shorty options out there.

7. Jay Jaramillo

Jay Jaramillo Full Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Drip tips increase flavor nothing more they are not needed. If you don't believe me just look at chuff caps

8. defdock

defdock Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 15, 2011
    Dark Forest
    to an extent yes depending on how restricting the airflow is on the driptip

chuff caps were made because of the bottle neck effect, if your airflow on a rda is 4mm but your driptip only has a bore of 3mm - your airflow is only 3mm still due to that bottle neck.

airflow=clouds so in order to achive maximum airflow - chuff caps were made

9. TheJakeBailey

TheJakeBailey Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 15, 2013
    Austin,TX, USA
    The chuff cap also still gives you a place to put your lips, OTHER than wrapped around your scalding hot rda... Little side benefit.

Op there are almost as many drip tips as grains of sand on a beach. You'll find one you like. ;)

10. MoonSparkle

MoonSparkle Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2015
    North Carolina
    I believe vaping without drip tips is called tail piping? No idea why one would want to do this.

I'm a drip tip hoard, love them, collect them, spend money on them more then juice, can't get enough of them, will never ever be without one lol I have drip tips made of almost every element on this planet.

11. freeall

freeall Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2011
    Canada
    You sound like you have a lot of experiences with small tips.

....you single?

I'm kidding, settle down..

12. MoonSparkle

MoonSparkle Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2015
    North Carolina
    lol nah, maybe a slight case of tip envy ;) and happliy married :D

13. VHRB2014

VHRB2014 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2014
    Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
    I used to occasionally vape my Kayfun Lite without the trip on a vamo 5 in 350 mode.

Short and cool looking :?)

14. tearose50

tearose50 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2011
    Left coast
    Is this about what you are looking for?

Stainless Steel Drip Tips tagged"Delrin Drip Tips"| Science Of Vaping

Pretty much the same type of design is made in glass or glass and metal and also various acrylics at various prices!

It sounds to me like you would like a wide bore tip as the one that came with your topper is not. How wide? Even that varies these days--with some being larger than the opening of your clearomizer.

IMHO not using a drip tip/mouthpiece gets old fast. Many have mentioned reasons why above.

Here's some size comparisons. The one that came with your topper is close to the size of the 2nd one. The one on the far left is a "shorty".

[​IMG]

15. xDarkRelic

xDarkRelic Senior Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Texas
    Thanks for the advice all! I'm checking out some small drip tips on fasttech and they're so cheap I might as well buy a few!

16. shreduhsoreus

shreduhsoreus Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 6, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Don't expect to get them any sooner than a month unless you pay for upgraded shipping lol.

17. smokinGAVIN

smokinGAVIN Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2014
    Manila, Philippines
    I love this post!!

18. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    I tailpipe it every once in a while.

19. Waddle

Waddle Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2014
    Korea
    Stay clear of pyrex drip tips unless you don't mind seeing the condensate collect.

20. ppeeble

ppeeble Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Poole UK
    I've vaped without a drip tip twice in two years - both times i had dropped by mod and the tip had snapped off. Personally i did not like the experience of sucking on the end of a Kayfun.
    It's not the best look especially if you are trying to semi stealth your vape also any sort of miss-hap is almost certainly going to knock your teeth out !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.