Is it easy to get a compatible drip tip at a local vape shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefutureisnow

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Florida
A couple weeks back, I purchased the Geek vape L200 Aegis Legend 2 200W Starter Kit online. Today I lost the drip tip. I don't want to do an online order for only a drip tip because of the cost of shipping and the wait time. Will most local vape shops have a drip tip that is compatible with my device?

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I'm guessing it's an 810.
Looks like a non-standard 810. No o-rings. O-ring is in the top cap.

Geekvape-Zeus-Subohm-Tank-2ml-5ml_06_24492d.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: smacuser

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    It depends on the shop. Many, if not most, shops in the USA seem to have become pod shops so drip tips aren't as sought-after as they used to be and therefore not stocked like they used to be.

Fasttech (china) is a good source of drip tips of varying sizes (and quality) but you do have to do a lot of digging to find exactly what you need. You'll also have to be patient as it will take weeks to get your order. You may have to settle for something different than what came on your tank because it's rare to find OEM drip tips these days.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I just looked on Geekvape's online store and they don't seem to sell pare drip tips for their tanks. Not a surprise. In fact they don't seem many parts at all anymore. They used to have a rather large selection of spare part in the past.
    They do. It's listed on their first page under "Geekvape accessories collection-battery door/pin/button/oring bag/drip tip/screen/usb port cover/glass tube".

The drip tip he needs is currently a "Pre-order". Geekvape accessories collection-battery door/pin/button/oring bag/drip tip/screen/usb port cover/glass tube

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    It seems its using a classic 810 driptip and no any proprietary soooo all vape shops should have replacements..
    Many people use they own driptips anyway...
    Some attys have the oring on the topcap and some others have the oring on the driptip...
    I have used driptip that had orings on it and used it on my zeus x rta that also had oring on the topcap so was orings on both and it was fitting nice and actually it was a little tighter and i like that...
    But i guess since u gonna go to vapeshop u gonna try the driptip and u gonna make sure it fits so its fine..

One thing to look tho is that the inner diameter of the driptip must be same as the inner diameter of the atomizer chimney and not smaller....
    its ok if its slightly bigger but if the inner diameter of driptip is like 2 millimeters bigger it may create a little step in there and then condensation from juice as u vape it will be gathered in that spot and turn into droplet and then u may have juice in mouth as u vape or tilt the mod and juice will run out of the dritip...

Sorry my english not great hope u understand :D

ppeeble

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 9, 2013
    Poole UK
    Coincidently i was in Florida in 2019 and tried to purchase a drip tip from various B&M stores. The reactions of the staff varied from 'we don't do those' to 'what's a drip tip'....
    Needless to say i ended up vaping directly from the tank until i could get back to my supplies. Not something i recommend.
    I have not attempted this in Japan.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread