Vapor Flask Squonk Clone Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ry4life

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2015
Canada
My thanks go out to my friend Wade at GearBest for the item in this review !

Vaporflask 40 w Squonk Clone

• mod Wattage: 40
  • Temperature Control Range: 200-600 degree Fahrenheit
  • Battery Form Factor: 18650
  • Battery Quantity: Single
  • Battery cover type: Screwed
  • Charge way: USB
  • e-liquid Capacity: 6ml
  • Compatible with: 0.16-2.0 Ohm (Regular mode) atomizer / 0.1-1.0 Ohm (TC mode)
  • Material: Aluminum Alloy

First Impression

I was very excited to receive this mod due to the fact that my other Vaporflask clone ( Waidea) is one of my favourite mods , not for its Temperature Control which was flawed and proved basically untrustworthy but for it quality and comfortable form . I was expecting the quality to be much the same however was sorely disappointed .

Styling

The mod itself is made of aluminum alloy but very thin aluminum not like the original or even of the quality clone flasks . The form factor is that of the original but as I've not held one I can't say for sure of the comparison of quality . The 510 sits flush to the mod and is made of stainless steel . The battery cover is made of brass with a slot big enough to fit a nickel into to turn it for battery replacement . The other side which houses the squonk bottle is similarity fitted with one of these covers . Im not quite sure what the buttons are made of ..either way they feel cheap and very brittle . The bottle provided doesn't sit low enough to cover the entire slot cut out of the side for squonking with the length of hose given so it looks funny and loses points for that as well .

Performance

Now first and foremost if your looking for a Temperature Control squonk mod ..stop reading and start saving for an authentic or a custom made squonk. If your looking for a regulated vw squonk at a reasonable price then read on .

The mod works the very same as any Dna40 chip does( in operation ) , it even says Evolve DNA40 upon startup ( which I disagree with ) . The screen is clear and bright and boots very quickly .
I tested my mod with a chalice 3 style bottom fed atomizer ( which was fantastic ) . I've never had a problem getting up to 420 degrees Fahrenheit , least of all with an atomizer the size of the chalice 3 , but it seemed like it would bounce from 150 to 240 max on the screen but the vape seemed warm like it was reaching beyond 420 . Again and again it did this no matter what wattage or temp I set it too . So for research I vaped it till it began losing all vapor ..then IT happened ...the most horrid dry hit of my life .
I gave up hope on this mod for its temp control capabilities and moved on to just regular vw mode and began to really enjoy it ..finally . Now granted it may be the atomizer that made it better but it sure saved it from the big drawer of useless vape gear . I coiled up the chalice with a stainless steel coil ( recommended) and it worked beautifully . Except for an annoyingly quick sleep it works as it should .

Pros

1: Works well in vw mode

Cons

1: Quality
2: Temp Control doesn't work
3: Goes to sleep in 2 minutes

Conclusion

Take what you will from the review and maybe it was just the unit I received but if your looking for a temp control squonk look somewhere else. On the other hand if you see this for a great price and want to give regulated squonking a try it may be a reasonable option for you to get your feet wet . I'm sure anyone reading could tell right off the bat that I wasn't jumping for joy about this mod and I'm sure I won't be alone in my findings.

If you would like to pick one up you can get one here

http://www.gearbest.com/temperature-control-mods/pp_218017.html

Thanks for reading and I will update the review if any changes in performance occur

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread