Vapor Production Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

State Of Zen

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Colorado
Hello everyone. A quick question about vapor production. What influences it? I am looking to get a bit more of it in my vaping experience. Is it the PG/VG percentage ratio of the juice? Is it influenced by the voltage you set your VV mod to? Could it be the the mod/tank/batteries used themselves? So far I have tried some really good juices but the vapor content left something to be desired. I'm not looking to create billowing clouds that fill the room or anything, but so far I'm getting weak to barely moderate vapor production. Thanks! :)

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Hello everyone. A quick question about vapor production. What influences it? I am looking to get a bit more of it in my vaping experience. Is it the PG/VG percentage ratio of the juice? Is it influenced by the voltage you set your VV mod to? Could it be the the mod/tank/batteries used themselves? So far I have tried some really good juices but the vapor content left something to be desired. I'm not looking to create billowing clouds that fill the room or anything, but so far I'm getting weak to barely moderate vapor production. Thanks! :)
All of the above have an effect on vapor production , vg produces more vapor than pg, higher voltage will in general produce more vapor , using the right voltage for the resistance of your coil is crucial , if your tank,carto,clearo doesn't wick properly you've got a problem , make sure your coils are clean and not clogged too .

jcco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Colorado
I have had the same problem. 70pg/30vg produces very little vapor, sometimes nothing at all.
I have switched to 50/50 for most of my liquids but I still don't get clouds. Currently I am using 100% VG & that definitely produces the most vapor but suffers a bit on the TH.

Don't look at those kooks on YouTube , I don't know what they are doing besides driving us nuts.

Try upping your VG. That's your best bet.

State Of Zen

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Colorado
All of the above have an effect on vapor production , vg produces more vapor than pg, higher voltage will in general produce more vapor , using the right voltage for the resistance of your coil is crucial , if your tank,carto,clearo doesn't wick properly you've got a problem , make sure your coils are clean and not clogged too .

Thanks, I'll have to find out what my coil resistance is and then find a chart or something as to what voltage setting corresponds with what resistance. I really don't have the know how to check my coils yet as I am new and am afraid I will ruin my mod. I will also consider more VG. So far the most VG I've had in a liquid is 50%. Thanks.

State Of Zen

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Colorado
I have had the same problem. 70pg/30vg produces very little vapor, sometimes nothing at all.
I have switched to 50/50 for most of my liquids but I still don't get clouds. Currently I am using 100% VG & that definitely produces the most vapor but suffers a bit on the TH.

Don't look at those kooks on YouTube , I don't know what they are doing besides driving us nuts.

Try upping your VG. That's your best bet.

Okay will do, perhaps maybe a 30 PG / 70 VG is in order? Thanks!

EmeraldLeo1982

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma
Everything together factors in to vapor production. The main things are VG ratio, and Watts being pushed to your device. Also having a clean coil and wick helps. To increase your Watts you'd increase your voltage and/or reduce your coils ohm rating. BUT YOU HAVE TO WATCH YOUR AMPS AND BATTERY AMP LIMIT SO YOU DONT BLOW IT UP!

Another important factor is airflow. The more air you have flowing over your coil the more vapor you get...to a point. Once you get to the point of too much air you're inhaling more air then vapor and you'll get a weak hit every time.

So to sum it up, Increase your VG ratio, Run your setup with more watts(Safely!), Make sure you have decent airflow, and keep a relatively clean coil and wick. I'm blowing respectable clouds at 2.6Ohms and 5.5Volts with an 80%PG mix, but I very carefully make sure my battery doesn't start to overheat, and if I'm chain vaping I reduce voltage to around 4.8V to reduce the stress on the battery.

I'll post a pic in a minute of my vape with 80% PG mix and just using a carefully tuned and monitored cheap setup. Keep in mind I have no life so carefully monitoring my setup and maintaining it gives me something fun to do, but can be time consuming.

State Of Zen

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Colorado
I'll post a pic in a minute of my vape with 80% PG mix and just using a carefully tuned and monitored cheap setup. Keep in mind I have no life so carefully monitoring my setup and maintaining it gives me something fun to do, but can be time consuming.

Posting the pic in this thread?

EmeraldLeo1982

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma

State Of Zen

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Colorado
Here's my quick pics from the laptop webcam.
I just vaped myself stupid taking these so I hope they're helpful lol..I just tried to Capitalize the numbers...
5.0Volts
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj195/threefinity/Snapshot_20130820_3.jpg

5.5Volts
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj195/threefinity/Snapshot_20130820_1.jpg

Please ignore the fact that I look ......ed and need to shave lol.

I would be satisfied with either of those levels of vapor output, mine are less than half that. *sigh*

EmeraldLeo1982

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma
Ouch man. Much as I hate to say it you got completely ripped off, in a horrible way. If you paid 120 bucks for 2 650mah ego batteries and 2 non-rebuildable CE4 Clearomizers. I got a bit ripped off when I got my first ego and CE4 clearomizer too, the same exact thing you have with the charger for 30 bucks. You can get the same thing for about 15-20 bucks online at a decent vendor.

The first thing you're going to want to do is get some sort of atomizer that's easy to replace the heads on. I'd suggest a Kangertech EVOD clearomizer, with some 2.0 to 2.4Ohm replacement heads, you can get expect about 5-8 bucks for the clearomizer and about 1.5 bucks per replacement head. I'd also recommend buying a good VV/VW mod like the Itaste MVP, Vamo, Zmax, etc if money is not really an issue as these are safer then an ego battery will ever be for using VV.

If you're smoking that Coles ejuic you're on a 50PG/50VG blend roughly according to their product description so you have a great mix for vapor production. Now you just need a decent setup to take advantage of it. I'm currently using a rebuildable dripper atomizer or RDA and an 18 dollar Variable Voltage battery which everybody will say is unsafe and I agree with them if used improperly or if some fluke accident occurs. Luckily I have an Itaste SVD coming to me soon.

Also if I was you I'd never buy anything from that website of yours again just on principle of them ripping you so bad.

Neezy206

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2013
Seattle, Wa
Thanks, I'll have to find out what my coil resistance is and then find a chart or something as to what voltage setting corresponds with what resistance. I really don't have the know how to check my coils yet as I am new and am afraid I will ruin my mod. I will also consider more VG. So far the most VG I've had in a liquid is 50%. Thanks.

http://www.weedist.com/wp-content/u...arette-Parts-Refinement-Safe-Vaping-Power.png

Use this chart. Once you find out what your resistance (ohms) for your coil is, locate it on the left side of the chart and follow the line from left to right looking for the green numbers. The numbers in green are what the watts are going to be based on the voltage you have your battery set at (if its a variable voltage battery) At the top is the max number for voltage you should have your variable voltage device set at. Dont go outside of the green or you run the risk or burning out your coil or damaging your unit or battery.

EmeraldLeo1982

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma
Nice pic Neezy206, you'd look alot cuter minus the duckface but still. Nothing beats a regular old fashioned cute smile IMO.

That's a good chart and I use it a bit. I've got a nicer tool for safety though.
Watts - volts - amps - ohms conversion calculator
You punch in your coils Ohm rating and whatever voltage you want to try it at, and it tells you the watts and amps.

On any eGo style of battery you'll want to stay below 2.0 Amps for occasional vaping use (about 1 or 2 big puffs every so often) and at 1.7ish amps for chain vaping. If you notice your battery tube, or your button getting warm/hot DISOCNTINUE USE IMMEDIATELY!! and wait for it to thouroghly cool down before using it again. This is an indicator that you are overstressing your battery so you either need to drop your voltage some more, or take smaller or less frequent vapes.

The reason I said those Amp ratings is because most generic ego style batteries are a Max Amp Discharge rating of 2.5 Amps, and getting any closer to that doesn't leave any room for battery or coil defects and you're really putting yourself in harm's way and/or going to wreck your batteries lifespan dramatically.

Sure getting a nice big vape and good cloud is a very important aspect to some people to quitting smoking. I couldn't do it if I had to stick with the weak puffs I was getting the first time I tried my new ego setup. But SAFETY always comes first in vaping.

Last edited:

EmeraldLeo1982

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma
There's a slight pucker there lol and it's got all the warning signs of a duckface. Hair over the eye, head turned to the side and slight eyelid distortion allowing for a "seductive" appearance. I know I sound like a total nerd, but I'm pretty sure that's a minor duckface =D But like I said still cute I just prefer a nice cute happy smile.

Talk about Off Topic...lol

EDIT: I forgot to mention in all my speak of vaping that I'm only using a single coil to get that vapor. No dual coil required.

Last edited:

State Of Zen

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Colorado
Ouch man. Much as I hate to say it you got completely ripped off, in a horrible way. If you paid 120 bucks for 2 650mah ego batteries and 2 non-rebuildable CE4 Clearomizers. I got a bit ripped off when I got my first ego and CE4 clearomizer too, the same exact thing you have with the charger for 30 bucks. You can get the same thing for about 15-20 bucks online at a decent vendor.

The first thing you're going to want to do is get some sort of atomizer that's easy to replace the heads on. I'd suggest a Kangertech EVOD clearomizer, with some 2.0 to 2.4Ohm replacement heads, you can get expect about 5-8 bucks for the clearomizer and about 1.5 bucks per replacement head. I'd also recommend buying a good VV/VW mod like the Itaste MVP, Vamo, Zmax, etc if money is not really an issue as these are safer then an ego battery will ever be for using VV.

If you're smoking that Coles ejuic you're on a 50PG/50VG blend roughly according to their product description so you have a great mix for vapor production. Now you just need a decent setup to take advantage of it. I'm currently using a rebuildable dripper atomizer or RDA and an 18 dollar Variable Voltage battery which everybody will say is unsafe and I agree with them if used improperly or if some fluke accident occurs. Luckily I have an Itaste SVD coming to me soon.

Also if I was you I'd never buy anything from that website of yours again just on principle of them ripping you so bad.

I had a feeling this was the case, as I hadn't found ECF (nor have any prior e-cig knowledge) prior to buying the set. From what you're saying, I could have bought the same thing online for about $40??? OMG. I am totally going to use all means at my disposal to make sure they get a bad reputation over this so it doesn't happen to anyone else (or at least to minimize the instances). :mad: But, I am just as much to blame for not doing my research first. I will never purchase ANYTHING from them again. *end rant* I guess I will use these 2 cheapie set ups as back ups then. I have been looking at the Innokin iTaste VV/VW version 3.0 and like what I see except for the square-ish shape of it. Anything anyone can think of that is similar to it but without the sqcube type shape? I also have been looking for a bottom feeder clearo with pyrex tank (I think I saw one that was a Kanger, but can't remember). Thanks for confirming what I feared. (*tongue in cheek*)

State Of Zen

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Colorado
http://www.weedist.com/wp-content/u...arette-Parts-Refinement-Safe-Vaping-Power.png

Use this chart. Once you find out what your resistance (ohms) for your coil is, locate it on the left side of the chart and follow the line from left to right looking for the green numbers. The numbers in green are what the watts are going to be based on the voltage you have your battery set at (if its a variable voltage battery) At the top is the max number for voltage you should have your variable voltage device set at. Dont go outside of the green or you run the risk or burning out your coil or damaging your unit or battery.

Thanks for the chart! :2cool: At Colorado E-Smokes (where I got that kit from), they would have printed it out and sold me a copy for $50 probably lol

Neezy206

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2013
Seattle, Wa
There's a slight pucker there lol and it's got all the warning signs of a duckface. Hair over the eye, head turned to the side and slight eyelid distortion allowing for a "seductive" appearance. I know I sound like a total nerd, but I'm pretty sure that's a minor duckface =D But like I said still cute I just prefer a nice cute happy smile.

Talk about Off Topic...lol

EDIT: I forgot to mention in all my speak of vaping that I'm only using a single coil to get that vapor. No dual coil required.

lol TOTALLY off topic! ... I forgot how to change my profile pic but I did find the option on how to create an album.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/members/147370/neezy206.html Does this work? I think I did it right.

See? Just my face. I dont smile in pics too often. I hate having my picture taken.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread