Vaporesso Cascade One Plus SE Starter Kit 3000mAh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the Cascade One Plus SE 3000mAh Starter Kit from vaporesso. The Cascade One Plus SE 3000mAh Starter Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Gina from vaporesso.

https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits-casc...t-vape-pen

In the Box

Contents:

6.5ml Standard Version

1 x CASCADE ONE PLUS SE 3000mAh Battery
1 x CASCADE Baby SE tank(6.5ml)
1 x GT Mesh Coil (0.18ohm) Pre-installed
1 x GT CCELL2 Coil (0.3ohm)
1 x USB Charging Cable
1 x User Guide

2ml TPD Version

1 x CASCADE ONE PLUS SE 3000mAh Battery
1 x CASCADE Baby SE Tank(2ml)
1 x GT Mesh Coil (0.18ohm) Pre-installed
1 x GT CCELL2 Coil (0.3ohm)
1 x USB Charging Cable
1 x User Guide

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Cascade One Plus SE Vape Pen kit comes in fold out box packaging with outside sleeve. The Cascade One Plus SE has the same dimensions has the previous Cascade One Plus, 24.5mm in diameter and a height of 138mm, the only difference is the Baby SE version of the Cascade Tank tapers out more in the middle to accommodate a wider glass tube. The Tank colour matches the battery colour on all versions and the batteries all have a design on them. I received the Red Kit which has what i can only describe as a maze design on it, the kit is also available in Green with the same maze design, Black with a pattern of interlocking triangles and Gold with a Gorillas head. The front of the battery has a textured square fire button towards the top and "Cascade One Plus" on the diagonal, the rear of the battery has the micro USB port towards the top and "VAPORESSO" printed on the vertical. The base is Silver and has safety stamps, and finally for the battery section it has a gold plated, spring loaded 510. The Cascade Baby SE Tank is smooth looking with barely any texturing, it has tri-cyclops airflow slots with stopper and also on the lower section has "VAPORESSO" printed on. The top has a Black wide bore, 510 delrin drip tip, the bottom section tapers out and the top section steps out to both reach 28mm diameter to allow for the wide large capacity glass tube. The base has safety stamps and a gold plated protruding 510 pin. Despite being a large vape pen, as with all pen style devices it's very ergonomically friendly and the build quality is excellent but i wouldn't expect anything less from vaporesso.

Cascade One Plus SE Specs and Features:

Size: 24.5mm(D) x 138mm(H)
Capacity: 2ml(TPD Version)/6.5ml(Standard Version)
Battery: Built-in 3000mAh battery
Battery chip type: 23600CX
Coil: GT Mesh Coil 0.18ohm(50W-90W), GT CCELL2 Coil 0.3ohm(35W-40W)
3000mAh Specially Designed Super Flavor Starter Kit
Advanced Omni Board Mini Chip to Ensure High Performance
Unique Isolation Structure of Cascade Tank to Intense Flavors
Revolutionary Triangular Airflow to Produce Denser Cloud
Top Fill System with Safety Lock Mechanism
GT Mesh Coil to Enlarge Heating Area and Offer Great Flavor
Compatible with All GT cores
Optional 6.5ml and 2ml E-juice Capacity
2A Quick Charge
Charging Time: 1.5h
Thread: 510 thread
Colours: Gold, Black, Red, Green

Cascade Baby SE Sub-ohm Tank

I reviewed the Cascade tank a while back which had new drop in coils and a drop in hollow casing which you could screw GT coils (used in the NRG series of tanks) into and use them. The Baby SE version of the Cascade only use the GT coils which get screwed straight into the base. The drip tip is a standard 510 fitting so you can use a favourite 510 if you wish and it employs a top-fill system with lock mechanism. To Fill there is a little arrow below the top-cap, you lift the top-cap (you can feel the strong spring mechanism) and slightly twist anti-clockwise and the tank swivels open to reveal a generous filling port. When you position the top-cap back into position it automatically lowers and locks. The Cascade Baby SE is hardly a baby having a base diameter of 24.5mm and tapering out much wider to accommodate the wide glass giving the Baby SE a 6.5ml capacity (the TPD version has a capacity of 2ml, i assume there's a reducing capacity bung fitted). The tank uses a cascade method of feeding the coil juice and has a tri airflow to in theory give a smooth vape and help with flavour. The kit comes with 2 different GT coils the 0.3 ceramic coil which is best at between 35w-40w and a 0.18 mesh coil which is supposed to be best at 65w - 75w. Of course the Cascade Baby SE as well as using with the Cascade 3000mAh battery can be used independently with other devices.

The Cascade Method

Between the glass section and the bottom section which is the coil area there is a metal plate separating them, this plate has slots around the perimeter so as you use the small amount of liquid around the coil while you vape the liquid cascades down via these slots to replace it. The idea is that the liquid in the top section stays quite cool when vaping at high wattage's keeping the overall temperature of the vape and tank down.

Cascade One Plus Battery

The Cascade One Plus SE battery is 3000mAh and has a gold plated, spring loaded 510. The battery is the standard 5 clicks on and 5 clicks off then just vape. The device is direct output but comes with plenty of safety features which are, short circuit protection, low voltage protection, No load protection, over temperature protection, over vape protection and low power protection. The surround of the fire button clearly lights up when vaping to show the state of your battery, White light for over 70%, Blue light for between 30% and 70% and Red below 30%. The light also comes on when charging and the light goes off when fully charged, the battery supports 2A charging so can be charged in 1.5 hours and also supports pass-through.

Performance

The Cascade One Plus SE has no noticeable delay and worked very reliably, the battery life was what i would expect from a 3000mAh battery and would last most people if they are out and about for the day or at work. As well as using the tank on the vape pen battery i also tried the Cascade Baby SE on a couple of other devices with both coils, like wise i tried a couple of other tanks on the Cascade battery and both work excellently independent of each other as well as together. The 0.3 ceramic coil gave both very good flavour and cloud, when using with a variable wattage device i found it to be best at 40w but the flavour when using on the cascade battery was equally as good. The 0.18 mesh coil took about 20 draws to start getting flavour but when it came was also good and cloud production was crazy (put the fog lights on). The cascade battery is direct output so as the battery runs down the wattage lessons and what i noticed with the mesh coil was the flavour was far better when the battery was fresh i also noticed the coil was not as loud as previous mesh coils i have tried. When trying the mesh coil on a variable wattage device i found out it was best at 90w which explains why the dip in flavour so i don't agree with the rating of this coil. Unfortunately for me despite finding the flavour very good at 90w the vape was too warm for me but i know some people prefer a very warm vape. With both coils i used the airflow half closed and found it to be very smooth. As i have already mentioned the battery supports 2A charging, and also supports pass-through.

Conclusion

The Cascade One Plus SE 3000mAh Starter Kit has a large capacity battery and is a high wattage with large juice capacity (standard version) vape pen kit of the highest quality. As well as using together both can be used independently and the Cascade Baby SE tank shows you can have both plenty of cloud and very good flavour.

High Quality Vape Pen
Cascade Baby SE Tank
GT coils are very good coils
Very good flavour with ceramic coil
Very good flavour with mesh coil when battery fresh or at 90w on variable wattage device
Lock Mechanism
Top-fill
Cascade system
6.5ml Capacity
Tri Airflow
Good battery life
Pass through
Battery Indication
2A charging

Dislikes

Wattage drop off towards end of battery life (to be expected)
Mesh coils flavour drops off when battery isn't fresh
No Spare Glass

I would like to thank Gina from Vaporesso for supplying the Cascade One Plus SE Starter Kit for the purpose of this review.

https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits-casc...t-vape-pen

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
2A x 1.5hrs = 3000 mah? wowza. did you test if that is accurate?
I didn't put a stop watch on it no put it did charge very quick

cascade_one_plus_se_13.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread