Vaporesso Gen Display Customization

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, the first image is trying to read from device and the second is trying to set a new image.

upload_2019-8-23_12-27-37.png

I mark 1 and 2 as the order of buttons I've pressed

upload_2019-8-23_12-29-13.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-23_12-26-34.png
    upload_2019-8-23_12-26-34.png
    69.7 KB · Views: 114

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Sure, the first image is trying to read from device and the second is trying to set a new image.

View attachment 834025

I mark 1 and 2 as the order of buttons I've pressed

View attachment 834027
Hi mate,
What is the size, bit depth and dimensions of the original image file?
What is it's file extension?
Does the new file match the dimensions, file size and bit depth of the original?

Cheers
I

Hi mate,
What is the size, bit depth and dimensions of the original image file?
What is it's file extension?
Does the new file match the dimensions, file size and bit depth of the original?

Cheers
I
Hi,
the image I'm trying to set is 128x32 px in .BMP extension with a size of 12KB and 8 Bits/Channel if I'm not wrong (set on RGB colour).
I haven't found information about dimensions size and bit depth, although it seems to fit good in preview screen (next picture)

upload_2019-8-23_16-30-21.png

• Useful
Reactions: Izan

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi,
the image I'm trying to set is 128x32 px in .BMP extension with a size of 12KB and 8 Bits/Channel if I'm not wrong (set on RGB colour).
I haven't found information about dimensions size and bit depth, although it seems to fit good in preview screen (next picture)

View attachment 834045
In the past, I have had the most success with matching the new file with the "original" in size, bit depth and dimensions.
I then rename the orig to .copy and change my new file to the "old" files name.

What are the details of the original file? dimensions, file size and bit depth?
Perhaps if you upload both files, the original and the new, we can compare them.

HTH
I

AlphaVapeNSK

Sep 13, 2019
In the past, I have had the most success with matching the new file with the "original" in size, bit depth and dimensions.
I then rename the orig to .copy and change my new file to the "old" files name.

What are the details of the original file? dimensions, file size and bit depth?
Perhaps if you upload both files, the original and the new, we can compare them.

HTH
I

HI ALL!
This is not filesize problem! This problem software or firmware! Vaporesso give us wrong\not completed firmware and software!

• Useful
Reactions: Izan

JaviH

Nov 2, 2019
Spain
Did you download the latest one on our website to update?

Yes, downloaded and installed version 1.3 dated 10/23/2019. This problem happens with all firmware versions since 1.0. I doubt it is a firmware problem, it seems rather that a version of the customization application is artificially limited, limited permissions or lacking the necessary files is being distributed.

Edited.
I apologize for the previous message. I had updated the firmware but not the update and customization software. With the new software it is possible to customize the device, although I don't see any way to send the images that I had already made. It would be a good option for the new editor to allow more than one line of text. Thanks also for this new advance in the personalization of the device.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread