Vaporesso Luxe or Revenger X? Which one is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashif

May 26, 2019
Been searching for these two devices for two days. Found everything good about the Revenger X however some very expert reviewers at youtube complain that the flavour is mute in Luxe and the same reviewers give Revenger X flavour great rating. In your opinion which one is best, Luxe or Revenger X? I ll be using a 50/50 PG VG (6 MG Nicotine) freebase juice with it. Please advise which device is more better.

kashif

May 26, 2019
Yes I am talking about the kits. Revenger X kit and Luxe kit. On paper Luxe had better tank and coil and more premium but what I read is that Revenger X gt coils give more good flavour. I am very new to vaping and only used pod systems and want to buy something which gives a nice look too. Both Luxe kit and Revenger X looks beautiful and both have touch buttons. I want to buy the kit readily available without doing my own mods with them so please advise.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yes I am talking about the kits. Revenger X kit and Luxe kit. On paper Luxe had better tank and coil and more premium but what I read is that Revenger X gt coils give more good flavour. I am very new to vaping and only used pod systems and want to buy something which gives a nice look too. Both Luxe kit and Revenger X looks beautiful and both have touch buttons. I want to buy the kit readily available without doing my own mods with them so please advise.
The individual atomizers in each kit should have their own individual product name. Looking up reviews of those individual atomizers should give you a better idea of how they perform. Remember if you like one atomizer but a different mod you can simply buy them that way. Anything with a 510 connector is interchangeable.

To make it more confusing It is posssible that there are going to be several different kits called “lux” and “revenger x” that have different atomizers attached to them and will therefore behave differently.

For vaping flavor it’s the atomizer that matters not the mod. The mod matters for different things.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

vimagreg

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
I had for some months a Revenger X kit (just sold it because a friend offered me a really great sum) and I really love Vaporesso gears, so I think I can give you some thoughts about your question.

Revenger X kit comes with NRG tank. It’s really a very good tank, with an incredible flavor if you’re using GT mesh coils. I can recommend it easily, but it’s good to consider some points before you spend your well earned money:

- NRG is a quite old tank, and I can’t see any new Vaporesso kit coming with it. The newer ones are the Cascade and Skrr tanks. Cascade use GT coils too, Skrr uses different coils, although you can use an adapter to use GT coils as well;
- I really like NRG, but for me it hasn’t sufficient airflow. I really like more airy vaping, so Cascade serves me better, since it offers me a wider airflow adjustment rage (from a very restrictive setup to an incredibly airy one). I think Cascade (and Skrr) are more beautiful tanks as well.
- NRG is more economical in juice consumption than Cascade. Maybe that’s because of airflow as I said above. The difference isn’t that big, though
- Skrr tank are newer than NRG, which means, in theory, it has more advanced design than NRG. But as NRG comes only with Revenger kits, I only saw Skrr coming with Luxe ones, so we can’t say, at this point, it’ll have much more support in coils - although that adapter can be of great help here.

So, between NRG and Skrr tanks I think you’ll be well served by both. If you like GT coils, though (like me), I think NRG is slightly ahead in comparison, in my opinion.

Talking about the mods, now.

Both Revenger X and Luxe mods are great ones. Both feels very comfortable in hands and both are amazingly well made. That said, Luxe is newer than Revenger X, which means it has a more recent chip version and a much improved screen. For me, personally, that two components doesn’t matter so much, though. But you have to mind it in your comparison. Both will serve you very well. I think here the choice is a pure matter of personal preferences.

There’s another possibility. You can buy just the mod of your preference (both Revenger X and Luxe are sold without kits) and combine it with the tank that suits you better. So you can buy a Revenger X mod and combine it with a Skrr tank. Inversely, if you like more Luxe mod but want to use GT coils, you can buy the mod and combine it with a NRG or Cascade tank. You don’t need to buy a closed kit, since you can combine Vaporesso elements (and even another brands tanks and mods) in a way that suits you better.

Hope I could help you a little.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Cascade use GT coils too, Skrr uses different coils, although you can use an adapter to use GT coils as well;

An adaptor is not needed to use the GT coils in the Skrr tank. The Cascade tank uses the GTM coil but comes with an adapter to use GT coils. The Cascade SE is not compatible with the GTM coils and can only use the GT coils.

kashif

May 26, 2019
I had for some months a Revenger X kit (just sold it because a friend offered me a really great sum) and I really love Vaporesso gears, so I think I can give you some thoughts about your question.

Revenger X kit comes with NRG tank. It’s really a very good tank, with an incredible flavor if you’re using GT mesh coils. I can recommend it easily, but it’s good to consider some points before you spend your well earned money:

- NRG is a quite old tank, and I can’t see any new Vaporesso kit coming with it. The newer ones are the Cascade and Skrr tanks. Cascade use GT coils too, Skrr uses different coils, although you can use an adapter to use GT coils as well;
- I really like NRG, but for me it hasn’t sufficient airflow. I really like more airy vaping, so Cascade serves me better, since it offers me a wider airflow adjustment rage (from a very restrictive setup to an incredibly airy one). I think Cascade (and Skrr) are more beautiful tanks as well.
- NRG is more economical in juice consumption than Cascade. Maybe that’s because of airflow as I said above. The difference isn’t that big, though
- Skrr tank are newer than NRG, which means, in theory, it has more advanced design than NRG. But as NRG comes only with Revenger kits, I only saw Skrr coming with Luxe ones, so we can’t say, at this point, it’ll have much more support in coils - although that adapter can be of great help here.

So, between NRG and Skrr tanks I think you’ll be well served by both. If you like GT coils, though (like me), I think NRG is slightly ahead in comparison, in my opinion.

Talking about the mods, now.

Both Revenger X and Luxe mods are great ones. Both feels very comfortable in hands and both are amazingly well made. That said, Luxe is newer than Revenger X, which means it has a more recent chip version and a much improved screen. For me, personally, that two components doesn’t matter so much, though. But you have to mind it in your comparison. Both will serve you very well. I think here the choice is a pure matter of personal preferences.

There’s another possibility. You can buy just the mod of your preference (both Revenger X and Luxe are sold without kits) and combine it with the tank that suits you better. So you can buy a Revenger X mod and combine it with a Skrr tank. Inversely, if you like more Luxe mod but want to use GT coils, you can buy the mod and combine it with a NRG or Cascade tank. You don’t need to buy a closed kit, since you can combine Vaporesso elements (and even another brands tanks and mods) in a way that suits you better.

Hope I could help you a little.

You can use the GT coils in the Skrr tank. You cannot use the QF coils in the NRG tank.

The GT coils are modeled around the TFV8 Baby dimensions. There are around 2 dozen manufactures that make compatible coils.

An adaptor is not needed to use the GT coils in the Skrr tank. The Cascade tank uses the GTM coil but comes with an adapter to use GT coils. The Cascade SE is not compatible with the GTM coils and can only use the GT coils.

Thanks a lot. I now understand what is the difference between a mod and mod kit so basically we can buy a mod and build a kit to our needs. However, my issue is lack of knowledge and availability. All stores here selling the custom build kit which is prepared by Vaporesso. No one is selling the mod version only. I am not a heavy smokey. Any system or tank will be fine as long as it gives good flavour. About revenger x kit I didn't read or watched even one bad review but for the luxe kit I see the reviewers complain that it is giving very less flavour with the SKRR tank. So I am very confused. I almost had bought the Luxe kit (build by vaporesso and all stores here carry only that) but I thought to watch the reviews and didn't find reviews very satisfying.

Price of both is almost the same here. So price is not an issue. Even if its a little old I just want to have full flavour from my blacknote Quartet juice which is 50/50 pg vg.

Have you tried the luxe and revenger both? As I said I don't mind if I get the revenger for the price of Luxe. Both look beautiful to me. My main purpose is to get the best flavour from my juice which I already have a hard time finding which taste actually like real tobacco.

Please advise shall I just buy the revenger x or buy the luxe for its new features and advanced chipset?

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
As mentioned the Revenger is the older of the 2 – they are no longer being manufactured and what you see with retailers is all that is left. The Luxe/Skrr kit is just under a year old, there are plenty available.

Personally I would go with the Luxe kit simply because it is newer and more widely available. Flavour is subjective and there are no guarantees that any tank will suit your tastes. Vaporesso does make a quality tank, and the Skrr can accept a wide range of coils so no doubt you will find something you like.

Keep in mind you can change the tank down the road should you wish.

vimagreg

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
Thanks. I thought Cascade SE but wrote Cascade. And I remember to use an adapter in Skarr tank... Will see later for what.

vimagreg

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
As mentioned the Revenger is the older of the 2 – they are no longer being manufactured and what you see with retailers is all that is left. The Luxe/Skrr kit is just under a year old, there are plenty available.

Personally I would go with the Luxe kit simply because it is newer and more widely available. Flavour is subjective and there are no guarantees that any tank will suit your tastes. Vaporesso does make a quality tank, and the Skrr can accept a wide range of coils so no doubt you will find something you like.

Keep in mind you can change the tank down the road should you wish.
This. A kit choice is not for life, you always can buy a new 510 tank and change only that. The mods themselves are pretty much equivalent, with some more novelties in Luxe. In the end, your choice will be defined by your own tastes and preferences, we cannot decide it for you, just give you some thoughts and informations.

Good luck in your quest. I love this exercise to choose a new vaper!

kashif

May 26, 2019
This. A kit choice is not for life, you always can buy a new 510 tank and change only that. The mods themselves are pretty much equivalent, with some more novelties in Luxe. In the end, your choice will be defined by your own tastes and preferences, we cannot decide it for you, just give you some thoughts and informations.

Good luck in your quest. I love this exercise to choose a new vaper!

Thanks a lot. Its little strange to me that I find great user reviews on websites which sell Luxe kit. But zophie vapes, Jai Haiz and Rip Trippers say the flavour is very muted with this tank. They however reviewed the pre released version of this kit so maybe something not right with the samples which Vaporesso sent to them. Don't know really?

One question is that can I use the NRG tank with this mod in future? If I don't change will I be able to NRG coils in Skrr tank directly?

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Been searching for these two devices for two days. Found everything good about the Revenger X however some very expert reviewers at youtube complain that the flavour is mute in Luxe and the same reviewers give Revenger X flavour great rating. In your opinion which one is best, Luxe or Revenger X? I ll be using a 50/50 PG VG (6 MG Nicotine) freebase juice with it. Please advise which device is more better.

I have both and both are awesome mods. The Revenger X is still my favorite but I’m going to suggest the Luxe especially if you use tc. The Luxe has the updated Omni 4.0 chip in it which has a more user friendly interface and the TC is more accurate

Personally imo you can’t go wrong with either mod. I have five Xs and 1 Luxe and I love them both.

kashif

May 26, 2019
I have both and both are awesome mods. The Revenger X is still my favorite but I’m going to suggest the Luxe especially if you use tc. The Luxe has the updated Omni 4.0 chip in it which has a more user friendly interface and the TC is more accurate

Personally imo you can’t go wrong with either mod. I have five Xs and 1 Luxe and I love them both.

Thank you dear. In your experience is the flavour too muted as the reviewers claim or did you find flavour to be good in Luxe? And sorry I didn't understand what you mean by TC?

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Thank you dear. In your experience is the flavour too muted as the reviewers claim or did you find flavour to be good in Luxe? And sorry I didn't understand what you mean by TC?

The mod doesn’t effect flavor it’s the tank. The Cascade line of tanks with the GT coils is one of the best drop in coils atomizer imo.

I mostly build my own coils but I ALWAYS have at least one Cascade atomizer ready to go. I use the GT Ccell ceramic coils with ohms about .5 ohms. Flavor is fantastic and they last quite a long time. Coil longevity will depend on the ejuice as sweeter liquid clogs up the coils quicker than non sweeten liquid. I vape VERY sweet juice and I still get a couple of weeks out of one coil. Wattage will also effect coil longevity too.

Hope this helps a bit.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA

TC is Temperature Control.

Basically when you use a coil made of Stainless Steel (or Ni80 or Ti which are both older coil metals but still used) AND you set the mod to the correct metal type (There will be screens do this for TC on your mod) the mod will use the change in resistance of the metal as it heats up to measure and control the temperature of the coil. This keeps stuff from burning which can both increase coil life and reduce possibly harmful stuff from being released by the coil. Conventional wisdom is that 460f (238c) is the temp that harmful chemicals can start to show up. I personally set mine to 450f (232c) or 440f(227c). Cotton is cellulose, and cellulose starts to burn at 451f so this sort of makes sense.

Reactions: Fidola13

vimagreg

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
One question is that can I use the NRG tank with this mod in future? If I don't change will I be able to NRG coils in Skrr tank directly?

Absolutely. The only issue, as I said, will be to find NRG to sell since it's an older tank. Much easier to find Cascade ones - they're superior to NRG in my opinion, though. And it works like a charm with a Luxe mod.

• Agree

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON

The muted flavour reviewers noted on was due to the QF coil being used. Vaporesso has since changed the design of the QF coil, not sure if this has made improvements or not. Regardless, the Skrr tank can use the GT coils if one dislikes the QF coils, and by doing so, many have claimed an improvement in flavour.

The benefit of the Skrr (used in the Luxe kit) tank is you are not bound to one type of coil. You can use the QF coil, the GT coils, or any coil that was modeled around the TFV8 Baby dimension!

• Useful

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
The NRG tank is my backup to all my Cascade tanks. For me I only like the GT coils. There’s a wide selection to choose for most peoples vaping style. I have not tried the Skaar so I can’t comment on their flavor but I’m so happy with the GT coils I really haven’t had the impetus to try any other tank/ coil setup.

Most of my attys are rebuildables but I always have at least one Cascade or NRG tank mod in the daily rotation.

Good luck with whatever you end up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread