Status
Not open for further replies.

CoughingBad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 25, 2010
US
Hello forum,

I have been lazy for a while and have been using disposable pods sytem. It is costly so im telling myself to switch back to refillable pods so hopefully i will get some feedbacks on what to get.

I already have an orion but what i also like about my disposable vapes is how lightweight it is, and the orion is not so light weight. Thinking about getting the vaporesso luxe q, what do you think?

i will also be needing new juice finding the right flavor to me has always been the tough one. Anyways, again im lazy, any suggestion which juice company ships juice with the skinny nozzle type bottle so i dont have to pour from one to another?

Last question .... i have once tried this azuki flavor and loved it, anyone has idea who makes azuki flavor?

Thank you all, in advance.

Reactions: Superuser187

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi and welcome back,
Have a browse around in: Vape Pod Systems
Do you want a replaceable coil pod or a refillable pod/coil unit that is disposable?
How much battery life do you need? Small devices have less battery capacity.
Do you want an auto draw unit or is pushing a button to fire okay?
Where are you located in the US? (Curse you shipping ban!)
Do you have a vape shop local to you?

What is your budget?

Cheers
I

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Seeing that you are located in the USA, your best bet is to check out your local vape shop. You might be able to order something off the internet now, but not get coils for it later. Likewise, any juice you get online will not be available to you later. Thanks to our US government and the wonderful PACT act. That said, the luxe q is a pod system which would be an ideal choice for you, and Vaporesso is a good brand. I know nothing about the juice you mentioned, but if you can get it even after the mail ban hits, and it does the trick for you, then by all means go for it.

Reactions: Izan

CoughingBad

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 25, 2010
    US
    Thank you so much for the responses.

Yes i have heard about the shipping ban, i dont even know where to start it is infuriating.

I am in seattle and do have a local shop i can go to i actually just bought a uwell from them. It is okay 520mah but when i saw the vaporesso kinda caught my eye, it has 1000mah. I think i do prefer replaceable pods. Push button or not is not important as long as it works and continues to work. Budget is flexible as long as i get what i want. But you guys are right, i have to consider what will work in the long run given how corrupted our government is. It is all about money between them and the cigarette/drugs companies. Well thats how i see it.

so should we expect everything vape related to be banned? What are people doing to plan for it, making our own juices?

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    • Informative
    Reactions: Opinionated

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Thank you Territoo!!

I usually vape 6ml nicotine does it matter which nicotine to get. Sorry if its a silly question, this is brand new territory for me.

I would get as many liters of 100mg/ml, preferably in PG, as you can afford and have freezer space for. You will also need to purchase 500ml Boston round glass bottles, 2 for every liter, to transfer the nicotine into. The plastic bottles they come in are not designed for long term storage. You can be taught how to use the nicotine once you decide to go down the rabbit hole of DIY. You are more than welcome to join us on the Random DIY mixing and More thread.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I usually vape 6mg nicotine does it matter which nicotine to get. Sorry if its a silly question, this is brand new territory for me.

Which supplier you use is going to be a personal matter. Some people have to buy the expensive stuff to be satisfied because they say that the cheaper stuff tastes like crap or is too "peppery". While many others are fine with the cheaper stuff and taste no difference.

Unfortunately for you, though, at this juncture, you don't have as many choices in vendors as we did a couple months ago. You can only buy from the few who are still selling to consumers.

If by "which nicotine" you mean regular "freebase" or nic salt, that's also a personal preference. If you prefer to vape nic salt then you should buy nic salt. Otherwise you just buy the regular stuff (freebase).

BTW: As far as planing how much to buy, there is a link to a calculator near the top of the blog post @Territoo linked to.

CoughingBad

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 25, 2010
    US
    Hey fellow vapers, thank you so much for all your responses!

im doomed i dont have freezer space. But then im thinking, i used to vape juice with 0mg and i was totally fine. Although due to my laziness and by going disposable, the nic strength choices are limited and i have been vaping 24mg for a year. I am thinking I can go without nic, thoughts?

I got the uwell Caliburn it works OK I just wish it is a little prettier so far it works fine but the vaporesso looks really good to me especially with the 1000 mah. Now I am struggling whether to get the vaporesso with and different pods or get more pods for the uwell it looks like I can still get them online. Grrrrrrr hope those whoever responsible for this ban crash and burn.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    If freezer space is an issue, and you can't afford a small dedicated freezer like some people get, you can do as I did. It is less than ideal, but it works. Instead of the 500ml bottles get the 32 oz bottles which will almost hold a liter. Wrap it it in the thin foam that it ships in, seal the lids with electrical tape and store on its side in the freezer above your refrigerator. I managed to fit 4 liters without too much loss of freezer space. 2 bottles will stack up on top of the other two, and the foam not only keeps the bottles safe from breakage but helps keep the bottles neatly stacked. I got these bottles from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Pack-Amber-B...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

CoughingBad

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 25, 2010
    US
    BTW, if you have the floor space, you always have the option to buy a small 3.5 sq ft (or even a 1.1 sq ft) freezer for your nic. Should cost you no more than $15 a month to run, but probably less. Can be bought for under $200 if you shop around.

Wow you guys really think of everything . Nah i live in a small condo that wont work. I have always wanted to wean off nic so maybe for real this time. I see myself addicted to the habit, not so much the nic.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Yeah crossing my fingers. I will have to study up how to diy oh gawd

The hardest part of DIYing juice is getting the flavor right. If you vape multi-flavor juices, those are more complex than single flavor juices since you have to get the proper percentage of more than one flavor. But there are recipes all over the net and ECF to get you closer to what you want instead of winging it from the start. But without a recipe you will have to wing it.

There are also one-shots you can buy. They are basically multi-flavor profiles already mixed in a bottle. You only have to figure out which % to use for your personal taste. Of course, one-shot flavors are not available for every flavor out there. But it's an option.

I only vape single flavor juices so it's easy peasy for me once I figured what percentage of the flavor works best for my taste.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    If you absolutely cannot freeze it, you can also just buy a liter (or even less) and just store it in glass bottle sin the refrigerator. No telling how long it will last in the fridge, but it will last longer than if stored at room temp. You should get a couple years at least, I think. This way you have some nic while you work on weening yourself off of it. But you have to be serious about it.

• Agree
    Reactions: Territoo
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread