VAPORESSO NEXUS PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't own this but from a brief search, it seems like the white blinking lights is a "low battery" indication. How long did you vape for, or did it happen immediately after you pulled it off the charger?

I did read some folks having success with powering off the mod, waiting a few minutes, then turning it on again. Although the "no vapor" may be a sign that (if the mod never worked properly) that you may be having an electrical issue? It may be worth contacting your vendor if the problem persists. Best of luck,

Anna

Reactions: SomethingElse

SomethingElse

May 8, 2018
30 mi. WSW of CLE
Hi, @SKYYcamel, sorry to hear about your problem 'cause, like @Stownz, I've had zero issues with mine over the past 3 weeks I've had it. In fact, I've been so happy with it and my newly found NET and WTA juices, I've ordered 3 more Nexuses (a "backup" + for other flavors). If/when you've found out the cause of your problem and/or its resolution, I hope you consider posting that info here so the rest of us can learn something. Otherwise, the advice from @stols001 is a good place to start your troubleshooting. However, it kinda' sounds to me like MAYBE your coil isn't "completely" screwed down or, perhaps, you got a "bad" coil. If you bought extra coils with the Nexus, you could first try taking the installed coil "out" (at least loosening it some) then screwing it back down, be sure to use the flange on the inside of the mouthpiece to make sure it's "snug" but don't get it "too tight." If that doesn't work AND you have replacement coils, you could try switching in one of those. After all, one of the reasons I got my Nexus, and perhaps you, too, was the claim that the coils can be swapped without emptying the tank. However, when it's time for me to do that, I plan on orienting my Nexus horizontally with the coil-chamber "up," just to be "safe." Additionally, I'm curious to know if you've gotten the 3 blinks at "other" TC levels? If you're uncertain about anything I've written, please, do not hesitate to ask about it. Good luck.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: stols001

muhammad.ali

Jun 5, 2018
Im also getting this problem, I just got a black nexus and I charged it, its new, I changed the coil twice. turned it on/off, refilled juice and all but none worked. The white light kept blinking three times. It was working great before but now it just doesn't work at all other then showing me three white blinks. Someone please find a solution. Also to answer previous question it doesnt work on any tc level :(.

SomethingElse

May 8, 2018
30 mi. WSW of CLE
Welcome to ECF, @muhammad.ali, and I'm sorry to hear that you're apparently having the same problem as @SKYYcamel. :( The only other "factor" I wonder about is from which vendor(s) you purchased your Nexus, that is, are you sure they are "genuine" Vaporesso products? In case you didn't know, all Vaporesso products come with a warranty card in a separate "envelope." On it is a "Q-code"(?, not a "smart-phone" user) below which is a letter+number code. I'm not sure how you'd use the former but the latter can be typed into a box labeled "Ecig Originality checker" located at the bottom of every page on the Vaporesso website. After typing the code hit the [Enter]-key and a box will pop-up letting you know if your device is genuine.

As I mentioned previously, I received my 1st one on May 2nd, started using it the next day. The eliquid I put in it, initially was about 55VG/45PG and might have been "too thin" as I had very minor flooding of the coil that was fixed by a twisted paper-towel corner shoved down the chimney (mouth-piece was removed). Otherwise, I've had no other problems with it and ordered 3 more Nexuses (Nexi?) on 23-May. I've been using 2 of those for about a week with 65VG/35PG juices (same ratio in the 1st now), give-or-take, with NO problems whatsoever and finally started using my "last" one today with an 85VG/15PG juice and, again, ZERO problems. Note, I'm still using the original, installed coil in all of them and have tried all 3 TC levels on each. I acquired ALL of them online through Element Vape. So, at this point, I would suggest to both of you that you contact your vendor, MOST "reputable" vendors will work with you as, with virtually ALL products, some "lemons" do slip past QC. Good luck and, please, if/when you resolve your problem(s) please update this thread with your solution(s) for the benefit of ALL members, present and future.

muhammad.ali

Jun 5, 2018
Thank you for your very quick reply.
It is original, it came with a warranty card brand new and the vendor E-Cigarettes.ca seemed like the real deal. I checked and it checks out to be real. I even bought spare coils those should be real too, so i think it might be an issue with battery or something in the body of the vape. Right now im in pakistan and no one has a clue what a vape is, so when I go back to Canada I will get it checked by the vendor or some mechanic. But if there are any remedies to this pls let me know because I really want to use it here rather than smoke :(. If i come up with something that fixes it, will post solution.

muhammad.ali

Jun 5, 2018
It is original, it came with a warranty card brand new and the vendor E-Cigarettes.ca seemed like the real deal. I checked and it checks out to be real. I even bought spare coils those should be real too, so i think it might be an issue with battery or something in the body of the vape. I was unlucky my friend got the same one at the same time but his still works. Right now im in pakistan and no one has a clue what a vape is, so when I go back to Canada I will get it checked by the vendor or some mechanic. But if there are any remedies to this pls let me know because I really want to use it here rather than smoke :(. If i come up with something that fixes it, will post solution.

SomethingElse

May 8, 2018
30 mi. WSW of CLE
It is original, it came with a warranty card brand new and the vendor E-Cigarettes.ca seemed like the real deal. I checked and it checks out to be real. I even bought spare coils those should be real too, so i think it might be an issue with battery or something in the body of the vape. Right now im in pakistan and no one has a clue what a vape is, so when I go back to Canada I will get it checked by the vendor or some mechanic. But if there are any remedies to this pls let me know because I really want to use it here rather than smoke :(. If i come up with something that fixes it, will post solution.

Well, that's GREAT news that your authentication code checks out but still a bummer that your Nexus still doesn't work. I don't "envy" your being in Pakistan, either, given the weather there currently... among other reasons. Regardless, I googled a few different relevant(?) phrases and the "best" result I found was one on both Reddit and Redditlite ( Redditlite ). It's NOT exactly your problem as the user says his RED LED is blinking but the same "malfunction." One reply suggested to take the coil out, drain the tank and use Q-tips or paper towels to THOROUGHLY clean/dry the bottom coil contacts, both IN the battery coil compartment AND on the bottom of the coil itself. (Note, depending on the composition of your currently installed juice, you MIGHT want to moisten the Q-tip/paper-towel with a little bit of alcohol and let it evaporate for "a while.") Of course, you'll "lose" some eliquid but, fortunately, it won't be much. As near as I can tell, that's the "worst" you'll "lose" by trying that, again, THOROUGH cleaning/drying. Once you have the coil contacts cleaned/dried, make sure to SNUG the coil back in using the "tool" (metal "blade") on the "inside" of the mouthpiece but make sure you do NOT OVER-TIGHTEN it. Then you can re-add juice and try it again. As a "tip"(?), when I filled (or refilled) my tanks, I let the Nexus stand upright (on the micro-usb connector end) for about 20-30 minutes before taking my first drag. I DID NOT "prime" the coil in any way prior to filling the tank. However, before I even did that, I removed the coil and "inspected" it (making sure it was "snug" to the top-piece) and the chamber it fit into, kinda' to "make sure" there wasn't some "debris" from manufacturing and assembly that might interfere with its operation. The ONLY "other thing" that I've thought of, besides being a defective battery or the above advice, is... What "kind" of juice are you putting in it? By that I mean, what is the ratio of VG/PG, or are you using nic-salt juice (I have NO experience with that) and are you sure the juice you're using is from a reputable supplier? Beyond that, I have no clue but really hope you can get it (or another one) that works because I'm REALLY loving all 4 of mine. I doubt "case" color has anything to do with it but I'll mention that I mine are Orange (the 1st one), Ruby, Green and Black (each with a different flavor). I wish you the very best of luck in resolving your issue and, as noted before, please, update this thread with your "solution" for the benefit of ALL current and future readers. Thanks.

• Agree

muhammad.ali

Jun 5, 2018
Good news!
So i found a vape store in Lahore Pakistan which is pretty damn awesome it gives oppurtunities to people there to quit smoking and it seems busy! I showed the guy and we spent an hour just trying to configure what was going on. So he tried everything new coil, changing metal sleeve everthing but it seemed to not work. One thing I didnt mention because I didnt think it was significant but is, the vape use to fire randomly sometimes before this white light issue appeared. Otherwise the vape was in great condition other then it not firing. He tried everything and in the end we both concluded it was just a defective vape. He wanted to keep the defective vape and take it apart so he could fix it for anyone else who has this issue in the future. He gave me another beautiful blue one for free. So lucky to find this store and that he had this specific vape. I didnt have my warranty card, but keep your warranty card! incase you have a defective vape you can exchange it or something like that.
Thanks alot for giving me tips and helping me try to fix this.
Mo

muhammad.ali

Jun 5, 2018
I just received my Nexus and I'm having an issue. The mod is fully charged. The coil is properly installed and primed. First time I tried it, I got a little vapor but now nothing. Every time I try it, the white light blinks three times. Has any one else had this issue? Thanks.
So SKYYcamel I think its just defective which is very rare. Best to exchange it for one thats good!

SomethingElse

May 8, 2018
30 mi. WSW of CLE
One thing I didnt mention because I didnt think it was significant but is, the vape use to fire randomly sometimes before this white light issue appeared. Otherwise the vape was in great condition other then it not firing. He tried everything and in the end we both concluded it was just a defective vape. He wanted to keep the defective vape and take it apart so he could fix it for anyone else who has this issue in the future. He gave me another beautiful blue one for free.

First, thank you very much for the update and I'm really glad you got the issue resolved. More significantly, you found a vendor that replaced your defective one for free, even though the defective one wasn't purchased there, is something that should be cherished. It's "sad but true" that a vendor showing that much integrity in the USA is a very rare breed. Lastly, sometimes something that seems "insignificant" can make all the difference to someone with more experience/expertise. However, knowing about the random fires would not have "helped" me in trying to help you. Thanks again and I hope you enjoy your Nexus, all 4 of mine are still a pleasure and still diminishing my intake of "stinkies." :thumbs:

• Agree

Miles s

Sep 3, 2018
I just received my Nexus and I'm having an issue. The mod is fully charged. The coil is properly installed and primed. First time I tried it, I got a little vapor but now nothing. Every time I try it, the white light blinks three times. Has any one else had this issue? Thanks.

YAO. Not gonna read all this mess but same. Tried everything coils, juice, even tried hitting it throwing it across my room and using a magnet on it. I got it to fire once and then it would go back to the three white lights.
SOLUTION - TAKE IT APART, RETIGHTEN SCREWS, REASSEMBLE.
The detailed version: took it apart, if you dont have a set of bits and a screwdriver for electronics i wouldn't try this cause you'll strip the screws real fast.
There's two screws on the bottom and top, one set black, the other silver (under the mouth piece). Remove those suckers. Once up in them guts, there's a handful of tiny phillips head screws (black), tighten those as tight as you can (just the ones you can reach without disassembling the whole thing). **side note, mine had random pocket-build-up just under the silver below the mouthpiece. Worth cleaning. **
Then screw it back together and you're gold. Or, i was, anyway. But make sure those screws are super tight, with the way the design works there's constant pressure on those screws (you'll see when you take it apart) so they'll very slowly back out of the holes with every impact. Seems some units get gossled harder than others and seals/screws get loosened.
But also, I've put mine through hell and its still firing, Nexus is a tank.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread