Vaporesso Podstick Pod/Pen Mashup

Status
Not open for further replies.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Mine came today. After reading this thread and checking it out on heaven gifts I got one. My initial impression is that it's a nice device. I'm a DTL person and the few pods and small sticks I've tried have been too restrictive to me as an all day vape. And while this isn't big bore air flow (I didn't expect it to be) with the mesh coil it's fairly airy, maybe around a Kanger subtank with a horizontal coil airflow IMO. Tomorrow it's going to be my plan to use it as my all day vape and really try it out.

:pop: Looking forward to hearing more as I use the MTL tank only.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I just received the Podstick kit today. The idea of going with a pod system is attractive since they are small and can easily be put into a pocket. It also doesn't attract as much attention as my dual battery box mod with a big 5 ml subohm tank on it. Also, since pod systems were introduced, they seem to be the most popular with newer vapers.

My only previous experience with pod systems was the Lostvape Orion. Even with the air flow opened fully, the Orion was just too restrictive for me. It felt like trying to drink a milkshake with a straw. And if you left the pods filled but not used for a few days, it would leak through the bottom contacts. I've had to clean leaked juice that covered the entire mod and haven't used them since then. I also didn't like the fact that the drip tip, while glued onto the pod, can easily snap off if you stick the mod into your pocket. My impression was the the pod-style mods were really designed more for the MTL'ers who would prefer the more restrictive airflow.

My first impression of the Podstick is that it is small....smaller than I expected and quite attractive. It looks like one of those little external batteries that you can buy to recharge your smartphone that costs around $5, or about twice the length and twice the thickness of a USB stick.

The one issue that I have is that the fire button is near the center of the stick. This makes it a bit awkward to hold in your hand and use it. I think it would have been better if the fire button was located closer to the top of the stick. As how the button is situated now, I hold the stick in my hand and press down with the middle joint of my thumb in order to press the button, rather than the tip of my thumb. Using my index finger to push the button, it does fall a bit more naturally towards the middle of the stick, however, because the stick is so thin, it feels very dainty and insecure in my grip (I can imagine it would be much worse for some dudes with larger hands). The stick and the pods feel very well built, with no rattles, no sharp edges, etc.

The fill port is revealed when you push the flat side of the top of the pod to the back. It has a plunger style fill port, much like the Aspire Revvo tank. The plunger in the pod has much more resistance though, and it is a bit harder to push down in order to fill it. The kit does come with a small unicorn bottle, and this comes in handy. With a chubby unicorn bottle like the 100 ml bottles that I use, the bottle is too wide to fit straight onto the plunger, so I transferred my juice into the provided slim bottle. With the dark plastic, it is a bit difficult to see when the pod is filled. Also, it seems nearly impossible to fill the pod to the top. When I fill the pod until juice starts to come back out, the suction of the bottle will pull back out some juice so you end up with the pod only being about 75 to 80 percent full.

I tried both the preinstalled 1.3 ohm CCELL coil and the 0.6 ohm mesh coil. The 1.3 ohm CCELL coil is very restrictive, much more so than even the Lostvape Orion pods. The 1.3 ohm pod is definitely for MTL, although I haven't MTL since I stopped smoking, so now I am not sure if I can even do it. The 0.6 ohm mesh coil pod is definitely airy and much less restrictive. Granted, it is not as airy as your typical subohm tank with dual or triple air inlets fully open, but it is certainly airy enough for a DL hit and you are not going to feel like you're sucking ice cream through a straw, although you are not going to be using this for a cloud chasing tournament. One downside of the design of the pods are that when the pods are installed onto the stick, the top metal flashing of the stick covers the bottom half of the pod, so you can't even tell from a glance how much juice you have left. The only way to tell is to pull the pod out and take a look. Luckily, the pod easily pops off for a quick check. I read in some other reviews that the juice ports in the coils are not at the bottom of the coil so the coils will start running dry before the pod is empty. Also, obviously the subohm pod will go through juice a lot quicker than the 1.3 ohm pod. With swapping the two pods out, I have gone through two pods of juice in the 0.6 ohm pod in the same time where I have gone through less than half a pod in the 1.3 ohm pod. I don't vape nic salts, so my experience with plain old VG/PG vape juice is that the 0.6 ohm pod definitely gives you more flavor, while also resulting in a warmer vape, which is what you would expect.

The Vaporesso Podstick is the perfect device for if you don't want to carry a bulky device and want something that can easily be tucked into a pocket. While I will still rely on my box mods and subohm tanks when vaping at home or in the car, the Podstick will be the perfect device for me to toss into my carryon when I am boarding a plane or bring with me to meetings or conferences, or just walking around shopping. Vaporesso has definitely come out with a pod system that can appeal to both the new vapers and us old timers who have gotten entrenched in subohm vaping.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Thanks for that.

I asked Vaporesso to use the honey color plastic and build in a window like the Play (now called Click) uses.

54-D5-F732-31-DF-4966-9-F6-A-C07-ABF9-E75-D4.jpg

Response was "we'll consider that".

Last edited:

Wworrells

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2016
I just got one and so far the ccell is good. I like the feature of when pod is installed it recognizes what coil and sets the wattage. I am still breaking in this coil and plan to try the mesh out in a day or so once i have gotten a full feel of the ccell. @cooladdict maybe i can answer the DL with the mess in a few days for you. Also it is not to heavy or to light and good size to be sorta stealthy when using it. At first I thought the ccell was a little restrictive but once i filled it up and used it not as restrictive as I first thought. Not charged it from 0 power so not sure how fast the fast charger cable will charge. But from 3/4 of charge to full didnt take long to charge up.

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I like the mesh coil! I got mine last week and was surprised to find it came with a fully charged battery. That never happens! :) I did try the installed cCell first because ceramic is my go-to choice in coils but it was way too tight for me. It reminded me of the cigalikes of old, except with much better flavor and vapor. The .6 mesh coil is plenty airy for a tiny device like this one. I was worried about possible leakage but I have had zero of that. I did manage to get the pod fully loaded with juice but the first few hits were slightly juicy. No spitback, but there was a slight gurgling for the first 3 or 4 pulls that dissipated and haven't returned. I'm vaping my ADV, which is a bakery flavor (Vape Wild Vanilla Hazelnut, AKA Buttery Nuts) right now and flavor is good. I think it will do better with fruity flavors so I am going to try that next. I'm actually digging having a tiny, well-powered device to carry with me when I don't want the bulk of a full-sized dual-battery mod weighing me down. It's convenient, clean and lightweight. This is what I was looking for way back when all we had was Ego sticks with clearomizers! It's nice to have options and I'm happy with this one. Vaporesso definitely gets us. :)

Reactions: Roadtrip635

Wworrells

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2016
So far the mesh coil is good on DL. I like the more air flow on this. The mesh has a decent dense cloud and flavor is better to me than the ccell but could be due to juice also. Mesh coil does drink more juice and i can expect that with more flavor and cloud production. I would recommend this to any level vaper that is looking for a decent size vape that is not to small or to big. And with options on coils for mtl or dl.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I had the ceramic coil sitting on my desk for a few days with about 1/3rd tank of juice in it. When I picked up the tank after a few days, the entire bottom was wet with juice, so it was leaking from the coil contacts at the bottom. I am also getting a few drips of juice seeping out of the bottom of the mesh coil as well, but the leak is not as bad as the ceramic coil.

• Informative
Reactions: drysprocket

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
This morning before my second sip of coffee I picked up my podstick to take a drag and nothing. Another attempt, nothing. Took it apart, cleaned contacts and again nothing. Turn it off then back on and still the same thing.

Take third sip of coffee and realize "this thing has a fire button". Push fire button to take drag………ahhhhh much better.

Shone

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
I received few days ago the podstick, I got it from Heaven gifts. In my opinion Vaporesso made one of the best pod system, the renova zero, so I was happy when I received this one, because they know how to make a good pod system.

I will try to make this short as possible and write some first impressions. First of all, in the box I got two cartridges which is great and many companies should do the same. In the box they also included nice and thin bottle that you will use to fill the cartridge.
The podstick is a very asmall device and this device is simple for using. Because it is small it is very pocket friendly.
Drip tip on the cartridge is comfortable and I like it. Top fill system is very good, all you need to do is to push the top part and press the fill hole with your bottle and fill the cartridge, personally I really like this fill system. Capacity is 2ml which is more than good in my opinion especially if you use nic salts here. In the package you will get two cartridges, one has 1.3ohm ccell coil inside for mtl vaping, the other one has 0.6ohm mesh coil inside for dtl vaping.

This device has built in battery, battery has 900mah capacity and in my opinion capacity is great considering how small this device is. This device has the battery indicator which is really important to me and to many people I belive.
This device also supports 3 power modes which is very nice. Pressing the fire button 3 times you can cycle through three different levels of power.

How it works:

So far, I tried 1.3ohm mtl coil and wow, it works just amazing. As I expected Vaporesso once again made a great pod system. Airflow with 1.3ohm coil is great, it is tight as it should be for mtl vaping, so if you prefer real mtl experience this one is for you. Flavor is good, I tried here one of my favorite liquid, I am pretty much happy how it tastes, throat hit is very good with my nic salt liquid, I use 35mg/ml. Perosanlly I like to use pod systems for mtl vaping and this one is great for that. So far there is no any leaking which is very nice. Build quality looks good and there is nothing to complain about.
I can say that this is a very simple device for using that gives you some nice options with 3 power modes.
So, after few days of using the device I can say that it works good as I expected and so far there is no any problems with this device. If you are looking to buy one I can say that you will not make a mistake with Vaporesso podstick.

I got mine from: Podstick vaporesso $26

tTVDSJM.jpg

TtpqVSM.jpg

Fudlqg3.jpg

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
I've had my Vaporesso Podstick almost 2 months now and I kept meaning to put up my review, but so busy with work. I've been very pleased with it, so much so, that it's become my everyday work carry. It's small and light and even though it's been in my pocket with keys, phone, change and whatever else is in my pockets, it still looks good, no chipping, dings, leaking, etc.

The 1.3 CCell is nice, but I really prefer the 0.6 mesh coil, a nice restricted lung vape from such a small device. I do like MTL from time to time, but there are those times, especially at work, I need that little bit more.....ummmph...lol. The battery life has been pretty good, no issues going through a 10-12hr shift on a full charge. It does go through the small 2ml juice well pretty quick with the 0.6 coil, but the small refill bottle is handy and easy to carry.

As @cooladdict mentioned, the flavor from bakery juices is good, but I do prefer pairing fruity vapes with the Podstick. I just save my bakery and coffee vapes for when I get home and can use my larger mods. :2cool:

Overall, I like it quite a bit. It won't replace my larger mods at home, but definitely has earned a solid place in my everyday vaping. As much gear as I have, that's saying something.....lol. :p

IVbyJ5x.jpg

cardsfan300

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2014
Florida
Well after using this off an on for a week or so, I think I am switching from the minifit to this full time. I am using the c cell coil as I mtl only. I have found some cheaper places get pods, so that is a good thing. I just hope the qc on the pods is good. That was the only reason I am switching from my beloved minifits, it seems the last couple of orders of minifit pods, they have been hit and miss with performance, which never use to be an issue. If you want a good mtl pod vape, this has got to be one of the best ones out there now.

• Agree
Reactions: Izan

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019
I decided to try this, it is out for delivery today. If the pods last for a while, that is going to be the key. Pod replacements are not cheap! Will post my thoughts when I get my hands on it this evening.
I ordered a sense orbit & received it Saturday & it's a better mod/pod device than I thought it would be, it out-beats my vaporesso luxe nano mod. & the vapor & taste is great !!
Just one little problem the pod isn't a snug-fit, so u have to make sure it's down before takin' a vape !!

Reactions: SLM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread