Vaporesso Polar firmware upgrade, how to?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
What does the upgrade address? Ie my mods working fine as is so should I bother to upgrade?

Usually fine tuning operation, fixing bugs, adding extra features. With the Polar update it's minor stuff so far. One fix I think is an initial fire up power surge. Another is an option status that blinks that now doesn't blink and a couple other very minor things. If a mod has a v1.0 firmware, then I think it's more of a reason to update than if it's higher since that makes it more likely to be buggy.

Kazuko

May 17, 2018
France
After trying out the Mac version, my conclusion is that this app is not compatible with the new Polar mod. I did see the mod display flash as you mentioned giving the boot loader name, version, and those big zeros. Yeah I'm afraid you're gonna have to hook it up to an icky Windows computer to update it. -_-

Thanks a lot for taking the time to look at it, at least I know it's pointless to try too hard on my Mac, and also makes it less likely to come from my mod, so that's a relief actually!

Reactions: stols001

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
Thanks a lot for taking the time to look at it, at least I know it's pointless to try too hard on my Mac, and also makes it less likely to come from my mod, so that's a relief actually!

You're welcome. I kinda wanted to check out the Mac app anyway. It just won't recognize that mod and being that the app date is last December and the notes only reference the Revenger mod it's a good bet that it's not gonna work.

• Agree
Reactions: Kazuko

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
This morning I reloaded the firmware on my Polar, because it had some quirkiness in TC mode and the clock was running fast gaining about 20 minutes through a day. As sketchy as the app was loading the firmware and having it stall, I guess there were errors in it. It was still sketchy the second time and I still had to hold the fire button in to get the firmware to load without stalling. So far today, the clock keeps good time and no quirkiness in TC mode.

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
This morning I reloaded the firmware on my Polar, because it had some quirkiness in TC mode and the clock was running fast gaining about 20 minutes through a day. As sketchy as the app was loading the firmware and having it stall, I guess there were errors in it. It was still sketchy the second time and I still had to hold the fire button in to get the firmware to load without stalling. So far today, the clock keeps good time and no quirkiness in TC mode.

Remember to remove the batteries before holding down the button and connecting it.

Also there were 2 versions of the new 4.0 boards. There was one that began with TPC and one with SPC.
The early ones (TPC) had known issues and had difficulty connecting to PCs.

There aren't supposed to be any TPC versions in the wild, but who knows.

Last edited:

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
Remember to remove the batteries before holding down the button and connecting it.

Also there were 2 versions of the new 4.0 boards. There was one that began with TPC and one with SPC.
The early ones (TPC) had known issues and had difficulty connecting to PCs.

There aren't supposed to be any TPC versions in the wild, but who knows.

Yup. I've updated firmware on mods many times. This one though just doesn't update as has been the norm for other mods and stalls if you don't hold the fire button in. The firmware used was the SPCBAT18 version.

Nuvola

Aug 19, 2018
USA
Hello.
I have just done the firmware update with my Mac .
I too was getting a red "cannot connect to device" message but then I noticed that every-time I pressed the fire button the status was changing to green (device connected) for enough time to allow me to do the update.
Same way for the settings.
It goes back to red after each operation.

Edit: I forgot to mention that mine is a Revenger X

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
Hello.
I have just done the firmware update with my Mac .
I too was getting a red "cannot connect to device" message but then I noticed that every-time I pressed the fire button the status was changing to green (device connected) for enough time to allow me to do the update.
Same way for the settings.
It goes back to red after each operation.

Edit: I forgot to mention that mine is a Revenger X

The Mac version doesn’t work for my Polar either. Likely any mods made after the date of that app won’t work. I booted my Mac over to Windows and the Windows app worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread