hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I’ve had a little bit of a break from reviews but am back at it and things are about to get busy again. Thanks for joining me today for my next review for Sourcemore. This time I was sent the Vaporesso Target 100 kit to provide a fair and honest review. The Target 100 mod can use 18650/20700/21700 batteries and has an output range of 5-100 watts. I previously reviewed the Target 200 and Target 80 kits for Vaporesso and liked them so much that I wanted to review the 100. Both the Target 200 and 100 include the iTank while the Target 80 came with GTX Pod tank. The Target 100 kit comes with the iTank like the 200 kit did so I won’t go into depth on the tank too much since it has been previously covered. I would like to say that I very much liked the flavor production from the GTI coils and they seemed to last a very long time for me. Let’s go ahead and look at the contents, features, and some promotional images and I’ll give my opinion on this one.

eDIIsO7.jpg

gq8bCL0.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* Vaporesso Target 100 Mod
    1* Vaporesso iTank 5ml
    1* GTi 0.2ohm Mesh Coil (60-75W)
    1* GTi 0.4ohm Mesh Coil (50-60W)
    1* Extra Glass Tube
    3* O-ring
    1* Type-C Cable
    1* User Manual
    1* Warranty Card

Cn6VCj1.jpg

upload_2022-3-20_10-52-16.png

SPECIFICATIONS:

Dimensions 140.3*28.6*35.1mm

Tank Capacity 5ml (standard)/2ml (TPD)

Coil Resistance GTI 0.2ohm Mesh Coil (60-75W), GTI 0.4ohm Mesh Coil (50-60W)

Battery Capacity Single 21700/18650 battery (not included)

Output Power 5-100W

Charging Current DC 5V/2A, Type-C

Display 0.96 inch TFT screen

Filling Type Top filling

Color Navy Blue, Sunset Red, Forest Green, Carbon Black, Slate Grey

cfkdItJ.jpg

FEATURES:

1. Redefine the new DTL vaping experience

2. Suitable for more scenarios: home, gathering together, going outdoors

3. Smaller size, bigger capacity

4. Water-resistant braid

5. Durable and stable, unique cage-like frame

6. High taste restoration, AXON Chip

7. Turbo airflow system for fully vaporizing

8. Liquid self-circulating system in the bottom

9. Adopts GTI Coil for better DTL experience

10. Top filling system, more user-friendly operation

mmpCEYA.jpg

W1ljDzd.jpg

PCjx1vE.jpg

uQ8YTRv.jpg

C1FRZwr.jpg
    FUUSfNh.jpg

oXgIlpH.jpg

AYIPPEw.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for the Target 100 was what I have seen before from Vaporesso with a picture of the device on the front and a contents list on the back. Once the outer sleeve and box top is removed, the black pouch with the paperwork is on top and underneath is the Target 100 mod, iTank with straight glass and one coil preinstalled, a second coil, USB-C charging cable, and spare straight glass. All sitting in a plastic insert. The 18650 battery adapter is located inside the mod. It’s a nice presentation in my opinion. One thing I thought was nice that there was a foam square covering the tank so it wouldn’t get damaged in shipping.

upload_2022-3-20_11-0-57.png

I’ll start with a quick review on the iTank. The tank uses a 510 drip tip and this particular tip takes a bit of effort to push in and seats very securely. I can pick up the mod by the tip. The top cap is a push to open just like on the Target 200 kit. The sample I received is quite a bit stiffer when opening than the one I tested previously. I personally don’t love the gasket used on a lot of tanks over the fill port but understand that they use that to help prevent leaking. You will need to push the tip all the way through the gasket to fill and wouldn’t recommend using a glass dropper since it could cause a mess. It is nice that there is an arrow on the outside of the tank indicating where to push to open the tank for filling.

The tank capacity is 5ml on this one since it only comes with the straight glass where the one in the 200 kit came with a bubble tank. The coils included are the GTi series of coils and there is a .4 ohm mesh coil rated at 50-60 watts and a .2 ohm mesh coil rated at 60-75 watts. For my vaping style, I prefer the .4 ohm coil running right at 50 watts. After using the same coil in my previous review, I liked it so well that I went ahead and ordered a few packages of them. This is unusual for me since I review so many devices that there is no way I could buy coils for all of them but really wanted to run some more of these coils. The base of the tank screws on and has three slotted airflow openings that provide plenty of airflow.

upload_2022-3-20_11-1-41.png

upload_2022-3-20_11-1-57.png

upload_2022-3-20_11-2-15.png

upload_2022-3-20_11-2-31.png

upload_2022-3-20_11-2-48.png

The mod is very similar in appearance to the Target 200 but is quite a bit smaller. The size really surprised me for a mod that can take 21700 batteries. I believe it is made with a zinc alloy frame and am not sure what the mesh braiding is made out of that wraps from the sides around to the back of the mod with a slim vertical bar in the center of the back and the Vaporesso name stamped into it. I like the minimal branding on the mod.

upload_2022-3-20_11-3-35.png

upload_2022-3-20_11-4-8.png

The front of the mod has a somewhat large fire button near the top with a decorative ring around it to highlight the appearance. Below that is the vibrant display followed by the + and – buttons, menu button, and USB-C charging port. The display shows the following information depending on what features you have activated from top to bottom.

- Set wattage

- Smart VW and System lock

- Coil resistance and output voltage

- Puff counter and Vaping time

- Output mode

As usual, the mod is turned on and off with five presses of the fire button. Three presses of the fire button will lock the adjustment buttons. Everything else including resetting the puff counter is done using the menu. The output modes available are F(t), Pulse, and VWN, modes that can be quickly changed by long pressing the menu button and the display will flash and you can use the plus and minus buttons to switch modes. There is also a DIY mode available in the menu by pressing the menu button three times where you can pick between VW Normal, Soft, or Hard. In case you’re not familiar with F(t) mode, it delivers the output by adjusting the temperature, heating speed, and time. I have found that it is more noticeable of a change from Pulse or VWN on some tanks than others. I didn’t notice it as much with the iTank but do tend to run it in F(t) mode. As I mentioned before, you can access the menu by pressing the menu button three times. Once this is done then the options are as follows.

- F(t) Mode

- Pulse Mode

- VWN Mode

- DIY Mode

- System Set

- Exit

Also inside the DIY Mode you will find VW, VW, and Bypass. One thing that I wasn’t crazy about was that you do not have the option of changing the display color. It changes automatically depending on which mode of operation you are in. I like to use the F(t) mode but don’t much care for the yellow display color. The colors given when changing modes from the main screen are:

Wattage Normal(VWN)= Blue

F(t)= Yellow

Pulse= Red

Once you select DIY mode then the colors given are:

Wattage Soft= Red

Wattage Hard= Red

Wattage Normal= Blue

Bypass= Red

upload_2022-3-20_11-5-4.png

It has a series of protections built in which is very nice to have. They are

- Short circuit protection and low resistance protection

- No load protection

- High resistance protection

- Low voltage protection

- Printed circuit board heat protection

- Over discharge protection

- Over charge protection

- Auto shut off protection

- Battery anti reverse protection

Just like the Target 200, the 100 has a raised 510 platform which restricts the size of atomizer that can be used without overhang. The base on the iTank is 25mm and that’s about as big as you will be able to fit without overhang. This tank like some others I’ve seen is smaller at the base then immediately the body is larger.

WbhSW0q.jpg

uxQDSbd.jpg

On the bottom of the mod is the slide to open battery door. The inside of the flip up door is marked with a negative sign for battery polarity but there is not a marking inside the mod for the positive. With a 21700 battery installed, I did have the battery door flip open on me once when I tapped it on the table. It hasn't happened since but thought I should mention it.

vgE4Gvf.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I think I’ve mentioned it before but can’t get over how small this mod is for a 21700 device. It’s smaller than some of the single 18650 mods I have. It is very comfortable to hold and use and is durable and water resistant. I would have preferred to have been able to change the display colors myself and don’t care much for the raised 510 platform but overall it is a very nice mod. I personally don’t use a lot of tanks that are larger than 25mm at the base so it’s not that big of a deal to me but might be a no go for some. The Target 100 uses the same Axon chip that is used in the 200 and a few other Vaporesso mods.

I very much like the iTank. It just works well and from past experience the coils deliver very good flavor and seem to last me a long time. I ran the .4 coil the most and it is my preferred coil out of the two supplied. As a matter of fact I have ordered spare coils for this tank which I almost never do. There are just too many different coils out there to try to stock some of them all so I try to be very selective on which ones I buy.

So, would I recommend the Vaporesso Target 100 kit for you. Although there are a couple of drawbacks in my opinion, it is a good kit and would recommend it. I’d like to thank Sourcemore and Joyi for sending the Vaporesso Target 200 kit for this review and as always thanks to the readers. Thank you for taking the time to read my review. Below is a link to the website and a coupon code.

Vaporesso Target 100 Kit with 5ml iTank (sourcemore.com)

CODE: TA100K= $38.99

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread