Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Greetings again everyone and welcome back for today's review of the TARGET 80 Kit from Vaporesso. The TARGET 80 device sports a internal 3000mAh battery and also has a 510 connection making it usable with other atomizers with a 510 pin. The atomizer used in this kit is the tank 26 that I have covered in previous reviews, it's a proven great performer and uses the also great GTX line of coils. This is more than just a wattage only device having many power modes to choose from, so lets cut to the chase and find out some information on the TARGET 80 Kit before my review of it.

TARGET-80-Kit-11.jpg

COLOR CHOICES

TARGET-80-Kit-12.jpg

INCLUDED WITH THIS KIT

Vaporesso_Target_80_Kit_Package_list.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS

TARGET-80-Kit-21.jpg

MEASUREMENTS

Vaporesso_Target_80_Kit_Dimensions.jpg

DURABLE

TARGET-80-Kit-14.jpg

510 CONNECTION

TARGET-80-Kit-19.jpg

LIGHTWEIGHT - COMPACT - POWERFUL

TARGET-80-Kit-15.jpg

CAGE LIKE FRAME

TARGET-80-Kit-13.jpg

LONG LASTING 3000mAh INTERNAL BATTERY

TARGET-80-Kit-16.jpg

AXON CHIP POWER MODES WITH ( SMART FEATURE )

TARGET-80-Kit-17.jpg

TANK 26 USING GTX COIL PLATFORM

TARGET-80-Kit-20.jpg

TARGET-80-Kit-18.jpg

EXPLODED VIEW

pc-exploded.png

UNBOXING AND FIRST IMPRESSIONS

As most device kits do the TARGET 80 Kit slides out of a encased sleeve, opening the box to find the device, tank, coils and braided charge cable resting in their own cutouts with all your paper information on top in a black open envelope as Vaporesso always does.

Vaporesso decided to use the Tank 26 with this kit and that will make users that have other Vaporesso kits that use the Tank 26 happy including myself, connection of the tank is still done using 4 strong magnets but on the TARGET 80 they connect to a 510 adapter that connects via a 510 pin.

20210903_174656.jpg

Both of the coils provided in this kit are mesh using flax cotton and a non-woven fabric that work very well and produce great flavor and thick clouds of vapor, another note to mention about the GTX platform of coils is that they are very leak resistant.

Included in the TARGET 80 Kit are the 0.2Ω mesh coil that is rated between 45-60 watts, Vaporesso suggest 55 watts as a best setting for the 0.2Ω coil and that's my sweet spot as well.

The 2nd coil that's included is the 0.3Ω mesh that is rated between 32-45 watts with a best setting of 45 watts, my sweet spot for this coil is slightly higher at 48 watts.

Both coils perform great with the 0.2Ω being my favorite in the GTX platform of coils, mesh netting patterns are pretty close to one another with the 0.2Ω coil on the left having a little bit more mesh on the surface of the cotton, as I said both perform great but the 0.2 gives off a slightly warmer vape that suites my style better.

20210904_071317.jpg

I am very glad that Vaporesso decided to incorporate a 510 connection on the TARGET 80 for the use of the many other atomizers that users have, instead of connecting to the device directly the Tank 26 now connects magnetically via a adapter with a 510 pin. This connection method has worked flawlessly always recognizing when the Tank 26 was connected.

20210904_075539.jpg

Top fill is the method used with the Tank 26 with a easy opening top cap that only needs to be turned slightly to remove or put back on, because the Tank 26 has no hard stops and spins freely 360° you will want to grasp the tank itself when removing or putting the top cap back on. The Tank 26 uses a membrane for the fill port that opens when a bottle tip is inserted and closes back up when removed, I wish all atomizers used this fill method because it works so well. One note to mention is that the drip tip is non replaceable but it's comfortable to use and works well.

The membrane is a piece silicone that has been cut in a X pattern allowing the individual 4 pieces to separate when filling, there is also a tiny hole that's used as a bleeder valve releasing air during the filling process so that no juice backup occurs when filling, when a small bubble of juice starts to escape through the tiny air hole stop filling, ( your full ). 100ml bottle tips fit inside the large fill port opening just fine.

20210904_090735.jpg

20210904_092747.jpg

Now that the Tank 26 has been covered in detail it's time to move our attention the the TARGET 80 device. Starting at the top Vaporesso included a lanyard ring that sits under the top plate, I will tell you folks that I hate that Vaporesso did this to such a beautiful device.

In my opinion it's a only a eyesore because I really don't notice it during vaping. It's not meant to be removed so your stuck with it like it or not.

The top plate of the TARGET 80 is flat and has 3 cutouts that travel from the outside of the top plate to the 510 so if you want to use a atomizer that gets it's air supply from the 510 your covered. I have tried 6 different atomizers on the TARGET 80 and all of them sit flush, because the top plate appears to be stainless steel there is no worry of scratching the top of the device. The 510 pin has a nice amount of travel so I see no problem with gaps if using other atomizers.

20210904_064936.jpg

There is no wobble when sitting the device on a flat surface because of the shape and the fact it has a little bit of girth to it, the bottom of the device is only 1 of 2 spots on the device with any branding.

20210904_130210.jpg

A matt gunmetal color was used on the entire cage like body of the device and having a many faceted diamond pattern on the side panels that feel like a hard plastic material. When I first looked at the device my eye was drawn to that bronze colored lanyard that really offsets the beautiful colors of the blue faceted side panels and the gunmetal color of the body.

Putting the looks of the lanyard aside most will agree that this is a attractive looking device, indoors in regular lighting the look of the side panels is rather flat based, with sparkle coming off the many faceted cuts on the side panels.

Out in the sunlight the many facets catch the light and give off a nice reflection of color, not shiny but more of a deeper rich color reflection that adds depth to the TARGET 80's appearance.

The device has a very clean non busy look except for the lanyard connection ring, and as mentioned earlier no branding is to be found on the device except for the very bottom and the spine that has VAPORESSO etched into it.

For having a internal 3000mAh battery inside the TARGET 80's weight was a big surprise because it really is a lightweight and travels easily in a pants pocket not really taking up much space. There is no mention of what the materials are but I think the entire device is made from a hard plastic.

20210904_122612.jpg

The front of the device is clean and it's 4 button layout is well done, yes I said 4 buttons. The TARGET 80 has a menu button that sits below the 2 adjustment buttons and sort of looks like a face with the type-c charge port looking like a mouth.

The layout of the screen is done very well with fonts that are easy to read, My camera didn't pickup the colors very well but this display screen uses 3 colors - White, Blue and Green.

Screen layout is as follows top to bottom and left to right

* Battery Bar Smart Feature ( If Engaged )

* Wattage - Voltage - Bypass

* Power Mode

* Ohms Volts

* Puff Counter Seconds Of Last Puff

20210904_131504.jpg

When charging there is a minute counter letting you know how many minutes left until fully charged as well as a battery bar meter and digital percentage readout. ( VERY NICE )!

20210905_075840.jpg

POWER MODES

F(t) Mode
    Is by adjusting temperature, heating speed and time, F(t) Mode releases the flavors of the e liquid adequately, delivering the perfect balanced tasting experience consistently from the first puff throughout.

PUL(Pulse Mode)
    Its a mode to improve vaping experience through constant voltage output, delivering optimal flavor production, throat hit ,nicotine satisfaction, and perfect temperature cloud continuously.

Diy Mode
    You can choose traditional VW (Soft(S),Normal(N),High(H)),VV(0-9V),BP(Bypass) Modes in this section

SMART FEATURE

The Smart feature on this device is in my opinion a must have and should be included on every vaping device, what it does when you activate it is reads the resistance of the coil your using and set a recommended wattage that is appropriate for that coil, for instance say you were using the 0.2Ω coil set at 55 watts and decided to put a different atomizer on with a build of 0.9 and you forget to reset your wattage down to say 16-18 watts and had a vape at the 55 watts you had set up for the 0.2Ω coil, your cotton would be burnt and ruined but if the SMART feature was activated it would set the wattage down automatically and the burnt cotton would not happen.

This feature not only works with Vaporesso coils but also other coils drop ins or your own builds. In testing the TARGET 80 out I was doing just what I mentioned and received a phone call just as I attached a different atomizer and became distracted and had a vape, about 2 seconds into the vape I realized that I forgot to lower the wattage but the TARGET 80 did it for me and correctly read the build I had in that atomizer also setting the wattage to the setting I normally vape that build at. ( LOVE THE SMART FEATURE )

MENU SYSTEM

Entering the power menu is done by pressing and holding down the bottom menu button until the power selected begins flashing, when flashing use the adjustment buttons to move to the power mode you want then either press the fire/power button or wait 5 seconds

To get into the full menu press the menu button 3 times quickly, once inside use the adjustment buttons to make your selections, once your happy with your selections either press the exit button or the menu button, very easy to navigate the menu.

PROS

* Smart Feature

* Attractive

* Lightweight

* Bright Display

* Vivid

* Font Size

* Great Flavor

* GTX Coils

* Easy Menu

* 510 Connection

* Menu Button

* Type-C

* Tank 26

* 3000 Internal Battery

* Minute, % and Meter Countdown When Charging

* Different Power Modes

CONS

* Lanyard Ring

* Proprietary Drip Tip ( For Some People )

* No Hard Stops With Tank 26

USING THE TARGET 80 KIT

Using the TARGET 80 Kit has been a joy because of many reasons, being made from a hard plastic as I think it is really makes it portable because of the weight factor. For size it's about the same size of most devices and fits in a pocket nicely so it's not been only used as a device that's strictly designated for the desk.

Having a 510 connection is a very big plus as well as keeping the top plate flat showing no gaps using the 510 adapter or any other atomizer that I have tried on it, all sit flush.

Deciding to use the Tank 26 was a very good decision for Vaporesso because it has so many positive features to it, easy open top cap and a fill method that I wish all atomizers had because it works so well without leaving a mess when filling.

I really like the airflow of the 26 because it's smooth at any position and has no goofy sounds or whistles in any setting. Wide open should please anyone that likes a somewhat airy vape and closed down you can tailor it to your liking. By just turning the tank itself to adjust airflow is also a simple efficient way of doing so, I just wish there were hard stops at each side of the 510 adapter.

I never really noticed that much of a difference in the past using the F(T) mode but decided to try it for a extended time this go around because I was trying a new juice out, I definitely notice a difference now.

In the F(T) mode I had a sharper more pronounced flavor than I had in any of the other modes that I tried converting me to F(T) mode in most of the testing of this device. I was using a vanilla liquid and in the F[t] mode it was much sweeter. The tried and true GTX flavor producing coils used in this kit are one of my favorite drop in coils out there and I am very familiar with them, flavor really pops.

This device has no lag time and fires immediately with the press of the button that has a nice size to it and is clicky and somewhat mushy giving off a good feel when fired.

The TARGET 80 Kit is a definite WINNER folks and I 100% recommend it to you.

I would like to thank Milo and Vaporesso for providing the TARGET 80 Kit for the purpose of this review, I also hope this review helped anyone looking to purchase the TARGET 80 Kit.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread