hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Welcome back to yet another review by yours truly. This time I will be taking a look at the vaporesso Target PM80 that was sent to me for review by vaporesso. I have to admit that I’m rather excited to do my first review for vaporesso. I’m a long time user of their products including the Revenger, Revenger silk, Polar, Gen, and Podstick. Enough of my reminiscing. Let’s get the ball rolling.

What’s in the Box?

• 1 x VAPORESSO TARGET PM80 Battery

• 2 x VAPORESSO TARGET PM80 POD (4ml)

• 1 x GTX 0.2Ω MESH COIL

• 1 x GTX 0.3Ω MESH COIL

• 1 x USB Cable

• 1 x User Manual

• 1 x Warranty Card

• 1 x Reminder Card

upload_2020-3-10_20-43-29.jpg

First let me say that I very much like that the kit comes with two pods. Too often pod devices tend to come with only one and they can be somewhat hard to clean to change flavors. It’s not listed in the package contents but there is also a bag of extra rubber plugs for the pods included and can be seen in the top right corner of the above picture.

Specifications:
    • Dimensions: 102mm x 24.8mm x 33.4mm

• 2000mAh rechargeable internal battery

• 0.96" TFT display screen

• 80W maximum power output

• 4mL cartridge maximum e-juice capacity

• Compatible with the GTX Mesh Coils

• AXON chipset

• Pulse Mode

• Smart TC Mode

• Power Eco Mode

• Optimized for direct-to-lung vaping

I find the target mini to be a very nice size unit that is comfortable to hold and has an attractive appearance in my hand. There are six color combinations available. The screen size and display are clear and easily readable for the most part. I don’t have the best vision any more but still can read the resistance, puffs, etc. on the display without trouble.

The PM80 is definitely a direct to lung or DTL unit. The airflow is very generous in my opinion and is not adjustable. The tip on the pods is fixed and not replaceable. I find the tip to be comfortable enough so not having a removable tip is not a bad thing in my opinion. Not to mention if you pocket carry, you don’t have to worry about the tip coming loose when you pull the unit out of your pocket. It came with two of the GTX coils which are .2 ohm rated at 45-60 watts and a .3 ohm which is rated at 32-45 watts. I tried the .3 coil first since I tend to lean towards the lower end of the spectrum when it comes to wattage. I started out at 18 watts initially and worked my way up to my final resting point of 27 watts. I was very happy with the vapor and flavor production at that setting. I ran the .3 coil for one week. During that time I did not experience any leaking or loss of flavor whatsoever. I wanted to mention the part about no leaking since I had heard that a couple people did have leaking issues. My guess would be perhaps a bad coil o ring or pod. I am on day two of the .2 coil now and have increased the wattage to 35 watts. That is plenty for me. Even though the rated wattage is much higher on the coils, I feel like I am getting excellent results at lower settings. I did try both coils in the ranges suggested and felt like the vapor was too warm for my taste. Everyone is different and may like a warmer vape.

The coils are simply a push in type coil where an o ring makes the seal on the pod. The pod itself is clear and I can easily see the liquid level in the pod. I can’t begin to tell you how great it is that the pod is clear! I have tried many pod devices in the past and have gotten so frustrated trying to see the liquid level while trying to fill. I fail to understand why all pods aren’t clear. The rubber plug for filling is fairly easy to pick up and the fill port is large enough that the tips of the 10ml bottles that I use easily fit in and it is a no mess fill unlike many other devices I’ve tried.

Next let’s talk about the functions of the device. Five clicks of the fire button will turn the unit on and off. Three clicks of the fire button will lock or unlock the unit. I have used several Vaporesso mods so I’m fairly familiar with the menu system. The Axon chip in the Target has a .001s “instafire” rating. I do not notice any lag time between pressing the fire button and vapor production. Pressing and holding the up and down buttons simultaneously will bring up the user menu. The options are VW(variable wattage), VV(variable voltage), Smart VW(smart variable wattage), Puff, Theme, Default, and Exit. There are three color themes available for the display: blue, green, and pink. The smart variable wattage will automatically set a recommended wattage depending on the resistance of the coil. The PM80 contains a 2000mah internal battery that seemed to last a long time in my opinion. Like I mentioned earlier, I started with the .3 coil at a lower setting and worked my way up but did get over 300 puffs on the counter before I felt like I needed to charge the unit. The battery was not completely drained at that point but I don’t like to run them too low. Of course depending on settings and the length of draw time, the puff count experience will most likely vary from user to user.

I feel like I’m getting a little long winded on this review so I’m going to go ahead and wrap it up. If I missed anything important then feel free to comment. I appreciate any and all comments.

Pros:

.96” display screen

Clear pod makes liquid level easily viewable

Fill port easy to use and large enough opening

No leaking at coil or fill port

Two pods included in kit

Good battery life

Easily removable magnetic base pods

Cons:

No airflow adjustment

? Non removable drip tip (not a con for me)

I honestly struggled with coming up with cons for this unit. There wasn’t really any one thing that stood out to me while using the unit. The only thing that I would like to see come with the kit that didn’t is a rebuildable coil and from what I understand the rba will be available soon. I kind of doubt that it will be included in kits and will most likely be a separate purchase.

Thank you for taking the time to read my review. Your time is much appreciated. I would like to thank Vaporesso for allowing me to review the Target PM80.

https://www.vaporesso.com/vape-kits/target-pm80

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I wait for your reviews, they are always spot on. The icing on the cake for me is that we both like cool vapes.

I do very much appreciate you taking the time to read them. I really do try to put as much information as I can but sometimes do miss things. If I do leave something out, definitely let me know.

Reactions: dennism

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I would like to make a correction on my review. There is a way to adjust the airflow on the PM80. The rubber plugs that I thought were for the liquid fill port are plugs that can be inserted in the air holes in the side of the unit to adjust airflow.

Reactions: dennism

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I'd like to get one, but there is a problem, I'm unable to find coils anywhere.

I don't know if it's just low inventory due to the virus or what. I'll take a look around when I get a minute and see if I can find some.

Thanks for a well written, thoughtful review. I've had one for a few months, attracted by the design and battery life. Here are some cons I discovered:
    The non-removable drip tip gets really hot if I take several pulls in rapid succession. I too like a cool vape and run this below the recommended range.
    The tank is a bit small for me. I get about 2 refills for every full charge. Yeah, the battery lasts a long time.
    While I haven't had any noticeable leaks, but with the pod removed has a thin coating of juice at the bottom of the receptacle. Not much but enough for me to run a paper towel or Qtip around the bottom.
    Over all this little vape does everything I want and does it well. I also have a Vaporesso Swag kit. With minor exceptions I like that tiny box a lot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread