Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again folks

Todays review is going to be on a Pod system from vaporesso that is a very simple Pod that has a couple of nice feature that works extremely well for most vapers. vaporesso has been quite busy lately releasing many different devices tailored for specific types of vaping styles as well as this one. Before the review lets get to know the Xros Pod little bit.

COLORS

colours13456799-b.jpg

XROS KIT CONTENTS

• 1 x VAPORESSO XROS Battery
    • 1 × VAPORESSO XROS 0.8Ω POD (2ml)
    • 1 × VAPORESSO XROS 1.2Ω POD (2ml)
    • 1 × Type-C USB Cable

• 1 × User Manual
    • 1 × Warranty Card
    • 1 x Reminder Card

xros-Inthebox-normal.png

XROS KIT BREAKDOWN

pc-xros-explodedview.png

Parameters

Dimensions: 112 x 23 x 13mm
    Cartridge Capacity: 2ml
    Cartridge Resistance: 1.2ohm Mesh POD
    0.8ohm Mesh POD
    Battery Capacity: 800mAh
    Battery Output Power: 11W/16W
    Charging: Type-C, 5V/1A
    Adjustable Airflow: Yes

Vaporesso-XROS-Pod-Kit-800mAh_04_c1cc3b.jpg

CLAMSHELL TOP FILL

pc-xros-hl-10.gif

MESH COILS

pc-xros-hl-03.png

BUTTON OR DRAW ACTIVATED

pc-xros-hl-11.gif

CLEAR VIEW POD

pc-xros-hl-13.png

QUADRUPLE LEAK-PROOF DESIGN

pc-xros-hl-15.png

800 mAH BUILT IN BATTERY

pc-xros-hl-12.png

ADJUSTABLE AIRFLOW

pc-xros-hl-04.gif

VERY POCKETABLE

pc-xros-hl-06.png

pc-xros-hl-08.png

FIRST IMPRESSIONS AFTER UNBOXING

20200730_124620.jpg

The kit comes with 2 Pods, one is pre-installed and is a 0.8Ω Mesh with the extra Pod being a 1.2Ω Mesh along with a charging cable, user manual, warranty card, anti-counterfeiting instructions and a juice filling instruction card. All Vaporesso literature is packaged in a nice black card organizer. Another nice feature is the Pods are color coded .

The Xros Pod is held in place using 2 magnets on either side of each other along with battery contacts and labeling of Ω measurement. Inside the battery are 2 contacts, 2 magnets and the draw activated air tube in between the contacts and magnets.

20200730_125414.jpg

Before using you must remove a protective strip Vaporesso puts on the bottom of the coil that is preinstalled to prevent accidental firing of the device.

20200730_125303.jpg

Filling the 2ml Pod is done by inserting your juice bottle-tip into a rubber membrane that seals itself after filling is done. Mess free easy filling system works great.

20200730_143917.jpg

20200730_143800.jpg

Along with the easy mess free filling operation the other great feature of the Xros is it's true airflow adjustable slot of 3 air holes that lets the user tailor their vape the way they like it. The Xros is a MTL Pod kit mainly or a extremely restricted DL. The resistance of the slider used to select your airflow has just the right amount of tightness and once set it stays in place.

Because the resistance of the airflow slider is as tight as it is you can cut your airflow to just a sliver or any where in between using any of the 3 airholes.

20200730_130523.jpg

The Xros utilizes Type-C charging which is located on the bottom of the device.

20200730_131844.jpg

This is a very simple Pod system with only one button, that being the power button. There are no wattage or voltage adjustment buttons. When fully charged output power is 16w and drops down to 11w as the battery life decreases.

There is a small led just below the power button that lights as you vape and shows 1 of 3 colors for battery level. ( Green 70-100% Blue 30-70% Red under 30% ). This led also illuminates a blinking red when charging and turns a solid green when fully charged.

20200730_135745.jpg

20200730_143107.jpg

PROS
    * Size
    * Clear Pod
    * Type C
    * Adjustable Airflow
    * Color Coded Pods
    * Very Good Flavor

CONS

WISHES
    * Bigger Battery
    * Bigger Pod

THOUGHTS AFTER USING

Alright folks my thoughts on the Xros are this, for the size of this device it wins 100%, flavor surprised me in a very positive way along with enough vapor to let you know it's working well which is what you would expect from a Pod system. Filling is a absolute breeze and also mess free.

Battery life gets you through about 1/2 to 3/4 of a day depending on how often you vape. You can tell when you drop from the Green 70 - 100% level in to the Blue 30-70% level but the vape really does not suffer, just gets a bit cooler in my opinion.

I've been using the Xros for a couple of weeks and have really enjoyed it over my Xtra because of the airflow adjustment. I like the Xros as a very tight MTL, so tight that I cut the 1 airflow hole to just a sliver and it stays in place and works great.

When Vaporesso made the Xtra I really loved it and I use it always but the Xros will probably be taking it's place now, the flavor on both are very good but having a choice on airflow puts it over the top. It may not be as attractive as the Xtra but I will continue to use it.

20200806_165012.jpg

I want to let you folks know that Vaporesso's Parent Company Smoore International has gone public and became the first vaping company listed in Hong Kong, congratulations to you Vaporesso.

I would like to thank Jessica, Chelsea and Vaporesso for providing the Xros kit for review and I also hope that this review has helped anyone planning on purchasing the Xros kit.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread