hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Today I’ll be taking a look at the new vaporesso XROS 2. A short time ago I reviewed the XROS MINI and some time ago reviewed the original XROS. I have used the XROS since I received it and was excited to receive the XROS 2 for this review that was sent to me by vaporesso. I liked the XROS MINI well enough but really missed the airflow control that the original had and am glad to see that the XROS 2 has the airflow control although it’s a little different from the original. The 2 has a little more battery capacity with 1000mah capacity compared to 800mah with the original and an aesthetic change or two but you can still use the same pods as you did with the original or the MINI.

Vaporesso-XROS-2-Kit-Cross-the-limits.jpg

Vaporesso-XROS-2-Kit-Color.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* vaporesso XROS 2 Battery
    1* Vaporesso XROS Series 0.8ohm Pod 2ml
    1* Vaporesso XROS Series 1.2ohm Pod 2ml
    1* Type-C Cable
    1* User Manual
    1* Warranty Card

Vaporesso-XROS-2-Kit-Package.jpg

upload_2021-8-31_20-29-48.png

Vaporesso-XROS-2-Kit-Specification.jpg

FEATURES:

1. Upgraded water drop air inlet

2. SSS Leak-resistant Technology

3. 1000mAh battery capacity

4. Accurate airflow control from MTL to loose MTL

5. Compatible with XROS pods: 1.2ohm pod, 0.8ohm mesh pod

6. Button-activated and draw-activated modes

7. Halo button to prevent from unintended activation

8. Tiding battery indicator to show real-time battery level

9. 150°refined curved base made by diamond high-gloss cutting process

Vaporesso-XROS-2-Kit-Dimensions.jpg

Vaporesso-XROS-2-Kit-Exploded-View.jpg

Vaporesso-XROS-2-Kit-MTL.jpg

Vaporesso-XROS-2-Kit-1000m-Ah-battery.jpg

Vaporesso-XROS-2-Kit-Modes.jpg

Vaporesso-XROS-2-Kit-Refined-Curve-Base.jpg

Vaporesso-XROS-2-Kit-Tiding-Battery-Indicator.jpg

Vaporesso-XROS-2-Kit-Type-C-Charging-1.jpg

Vaporesso-XROS-2-Kit-Water-Drop-Air-Inlet.jpg

upload_2021-8-31_20-38-39.png

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging on the XROS 2 is similar to what I have seen on the past samples I have received. The outer sleeve with a color picture of the device inside slides off to expose the XROS 2 with pod installed, spare pod, charging cable, and user manual.

The .8 ohm pod that was already installed on the XROS 2 had a sticker on the bottom of the pod so that it could not be fired accidentally before the pod was filled. However, the pods are top fill so someone might just fill the pod then try to use it and think that it doesn’t work. The other pod that is included in the kit is 1.2 ohm and has been my preferred pod with the XROS original as well as the XROS 2.

upload_2021-8-31_20-39-25.png

The battery portion of the XROS 2 is very simplistic yet well designed. The USB-C charging port is located on the bottom of the pod and is rated for 1A charging at 5V. Like the XROS MINI, the 2 has the 150 degree curved bottom which makes holding it more comfortable.

upload_2021-8-31_20-40-10.png

Inside the top of the battery where the pod inserts is the airflow sensor in the middle with two gold plated spring loaded contacts to make electrical connection with the pod and on the outside of the contacts is a magnet on either end. The magnets are plenty strong and I had no issue with the pod moving.

upload_2021-8-31_20-40-53.png

On either side of the battery is a small hole near the top that provides a path for airflow along with the water drop shaped adjustable airflow control on the back side of the battery with a simple V logo near the bottom.

upload_2021-8-31_20-42-23.png

upload_2021-8-31_20-42-41.png

On the front of the battery is where the action is going on. Just like the original XROS, this one can me fired with a button press or simply draw activated. The fire button has a nice click to it and has a silver ring around the outer edge to give it a really nice appearance.

Closer to the bottom is the VAPORESSO name etched into the body and below that are four indicator lights which indicate the battery level of the 100mah battery. While firing, the lights almost look like they are cycling one at a time. At least while taking a puff that’s how it looked to me.

The lights indicate the following battery levels.

- 4 lights = 100%

- 3 lights = 75%

- 2 lights = 50%

- 1 light = 25%

upload_2021-8-31_20-43-30.png

Now on to the pods. These same pods will fit all three of the XROS family of pod devices. The mouthpiece is simply pushed from one side to expose the top. The top has the fill port with gasket, airflow opening, and another hole to let air escape while filling. The pods are clear and very easy to see the liquid level in even when using a fairly clear liquid like I have been using. The pods hold 2ml of liquid and seem to last a decent amount of time before needing to be refilled.

Vaporesso-XROS-2-Kit-XROS-Pods.jpg

Vaporesso-XROS-2-Kit-Great-Flavor.jpg

Vaporesso-XROS-2-Kit-SSS-Leak-Resistant-Technology.jpg

The bottom of the pods have two gold plated contacts, two magnets, and are very clearly marked with the resistance. This I very much like so it is very easy to tell which pod you are picking up. Also the .8 ohm pod has a red gasket in it while the 1.2 ohm pod has a black gasket.

upload_2021-8-31_20-46-28.png

FINAL THOUGHTS:

Like I mentioned in the beginning, I’ve been a big fan of the XROS since I received the original for review and use it daily at work. To me the draw on the XROS MINI was a bit too tight for me and I missed the airflow control of the original. The XROS 2 is as good or a little better than the original. I do like the curved bottom on the new one for better hand feel and the four indicator lights give a little bit better idea of where you are as far as battery level. Of course the added battery capacity of 1000mah compared to the prior 800mah is very much appreciated. The XROS 2 will definitely go into rotation with my original at work.

So, would I recommend the XROS 2. With no reservations, yes if you’d like a smallish pod device that will easily fit in a shirt pocket and could possibly last all day depending on your personal use rate. The ability to pop the mouthpiece and quickly fill is an absolute perk. That and the clear pod making it easy to tell when you need to refill. I have experience no leaking whatsoever with either pod due to the SSS technology that VAPORESSO uses.

I’d like to thank VAPORESSO and Milo for sending the XROS 2 for this review and thanks to the readers that have made it to the end of yet another one of my reviews. Below is a link to the product page for your enjoyment.

Xros 2 » Vaporesso

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Good job!

Have they addressed the spit back with this one? I assume it will be the same since it uses the same pods but I am hoping they do something about that problem.

I haven’t had a problem with spitback and wasn’t aware that there was an issue. I have used the original one I reviewed since I got it daily at work with the 1.2 pods and have added the 2 to my rotation. I do tend to use the pods too long and the original ones will seep a little after many refills with my mint mix I use in it. I’ve had none with these new pods so far.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Nice review buddy,well written and detailed.

Companies sure releasing a lot of pod devices aren't they?
    Guess there must be a market for them,personally i don't use them regularly (just for reviews) but hey whatever it takes to kick off the habit huh?

Thank you. There have been a ton of pods and pod mods the past several months. I use the original and now the new one for stealth vaping at work and it’s great for carrying in a shirt pocket. The XROS is one of two pods that I use regularly.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Very nice review, it seems like most of the pod devices are the same. These devices are great for people just starting to vape.

Thank you. For me it's a convenience thing at work. I usually only use pods like this at work and if I need something small for a day trip.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Just won one of these kits from Sourcemore! Hopefully I can talk my son into a non-disposable now! If not I'll be more than happy to use this myself :) I'll have to grab more 1.2 pods.

Congratulations on the win and good luck getting him to try it.

Reactions: YoursTruli

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Just wanted to report back that I’ve been using the same .8 ohm pod at work since I posted my review and it’s still working great with the clear mint liquid I use at work and have had zero leaking even letting it sit over the weekends while I’m off.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread