Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hello ECF,

This time a review for you for the vaporesso XTRA, thank you @Vera from Heavengifts for sending me this kit for the purpose of this review. XTRA is a pod system with refillable pods, two pods are available MESHED (DTL 0.8ohm) and UNIPOD (MTL 1.2ohm).

Some specs from the vaporesso website:

It comes with:
1 x vaporesso XTRA Battery
1 x MESHED UNIPOD (2ml, 0.8Ω, Pre-installed)
1 x UNIPOD (2ml, 1.2Ω, In Box)
1 x USB Cable
1 x User Manual
1 x Warranty Card
1 x Reminder Card

Yay! A pod kit that comes with two pods, that’s always a good start.

The XTRA has a very specific shape, it has a straight part that flows over to a cylindrical shaped part which actually is nice as it allows a more comfortable hold between your fingers. Something you don’t see often is that the two different colors I received have a different feeling when holding, the red one is just a flat surface while the black one has some texture on it making it a nicer hold. Therefor I prefer the black one.

It is a nice-looking pod that is small enough to fall deep enough in your pockets. Its light as well weighing 63 grams without pod, with pod 70 grams.

The metal feels nice but is a bit prone to fingerprints. Not sure about scratches, don't have any so far. For those that like to wear their pod on a chain it is made possible with chain slot, nice addition.

Pods connect well with the magnetic connection, not too strong and not to weak.

One button is all it has and is only used to turn on or off the device and to check the battery level. Its nice they put it on the bottom. Also, it is good that the device can be turned of preventing unwanted firing. The draw activation works well and is very responsive.

Positive is that the led light, which is bright, shows the battery level. Green, blue and red. Downside of the light is that its hard to see while vaping, I have to tilt my head to see, but clicking the button while on also lights up the light showing the battery level.

Both pods have the same form, only difference is the coil inside. Even the airflow is very similar or the same, which I think is a pity especially for the MTL 1.2ohm pod.

I think Vaporesso made a mistake with the fill port being in the middle of the pod, they should have put it more to the bottom. It fills OK but when you are at 3/4 filling it gets hard as you can’t tilt it in any direction to make it easier. The rubber plug to access the fill port is easy to open and stays in place well.

The mouthpiece on both pods is the same and is comfortable.

Bummer is that you cannot see the liquid level while the pod is in, always additional risk to burn your coil because of not knowing the liquid level. Would have been nice it would have an opening next to the pod so you can see the liquid level with the pod inserted. Like that at least the pod is transparent.

With the DTL (restricted) 0.8ohm pod I started and its a nice dense RDL hit. Flavor is maybe not top notch but its there, good for a pod. I am missing however a bit of additional power. Air flow is OK, could have been slightly more, like 10-15% more.

MTL 1.2ohm pod delivers a nice MTL vape, a bit on the loose side airflow wise, at least not my type of airflow. It is similar to a cigarette. The flavor is good for a pod and I like the MTL overall more, a nice little vape. This pod does start gurgling sometimes a bit when its half full.

Both pods keep up well, no dry hits even when chain vaping. Have been using 60vg and 70vg juices. Both pods have endured about 5 days of vaping and have not experienced dry hits/burning and the flavor drop is not yet mentionable.

Obviously the battery on the 1.2ohm MTL pod lasts longer, and gets me through a full day of vaping using only this device. The Meshed pod for DTL almost makes it through the whole day. Overall not bad. Charging takes somewhere around 50-55 minutes.

Conclusion:

A nice little pod kit with coil options. The design is well thought of and is a comfortable finger hold.

Allowance to turn of the device is a nice safety feature and the battery indicator is always useful. Battery keeps up well and charges fast enough to have this as your only device.

It vapes well but to me the airflow is not ideal. Flavor wise it is good for a pod. Filling can be hard because of the port being centralized.

For the price of $29,99 on Heavengifts (https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Vaporesso-XTRA-Pod-Kit.html) it is maybe not the cheapest pod out there, but its not a bad price for this kit.

Thank you once again for reading, let me know if you have any questions.
Sjoerd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread