AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
...............:blink:
Never said anything about being offended.
The Business Value of .NET

Now .gov offends me ;)

I used to design templates for a CMS running on the .NET framework, MS servers; it's quite different from Linux/Apache, but does have a lot of benefits. I mainly only stopped doing that when the economy went to hell and I could no longer afford hosting on both Linux and MS servers, so I stuck with Linux and Joomla!. Now I don't even do that, I'm so obsessed with ECF and all things vape. Nobody was buying any of my templates anyway, so I just stopped. Now my hosting acct is mainly just my own personal use, a place to hotlink images.

Andria

EagleClan

Jan 7, 2011
Florida
The worst customer service ever. It took them a week and a half to refund my money. They lied, cussed, made excuses, blamed everyone except themselves. I reported them to the BBB in Houston. So if you got your product you made it farther than me. I wouldn't expect them to resolve any issues you might have and I find it hard to believe they would warranty anything.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
The worst customer service ever. It took them a week and a half to refund my money. They lied, cussed, made excuses, blamed everyone except themselves. I reported them to the BBB in Houston. So if you got your product you made it farther than me. I wouldn't expect them to resolve any issues you might have and I find it hard to believe they would warranty anything.

To bad about your experience with them. Others seem to have ordered without issue.

This is a good staring point in checking out an unknown vendor:
All directly on their site and verifiable. Looks like a multi occupancy Building with-in an industrial section of the city.
Walk-in pickup is available.

Next would be the quality of the on-line store.
Item display and information available
Number of items and availability
Cost of items
Ease of ordering
Secure check out

and of course references from forums/friends.

Traijan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
USA
Many reasons for going .net
The least of which is weak business practices.
I can't think of any for a vape shop to be honest. But I'm not the brightest bulb in the pack either.

The only time that I have/would take a .net domain was 1. If I also owned the .com and wanted to prevent others from trying to copy my work and portray themselves as my business/entity.

I'd never take it as my primary domain address though as I've learned over the years too many people still assume that .com is all there is so when they type in an address they automatically add the .com so if it's truly a competitor then I'm probably losing business to them and if it's a domain for sale site, then people will believe that my business has closed.

It's just not good (IMO) for small businesses to take a .net when the .com is already owned by somebody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread