Status
Not open for further replies.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
the cosmetics aisle is the place to find dandy items like small funny shaped scissors, all kinds of clippers, nippers, and pickers, all shapes of tweezers and squeezers; heck at one time i was looking at a cosmetics box as possibly a box for vape stuff but i'm leaning more towards a small cooler.

Not to mention those outstanding 7-step nail buffers with just about every grit you might need to buff and polish out everything from stubborn oxidation and stains to small scratches on your devices. And to go from satin to mirror finish or the other way.

Good luck and a great holiday.

:)

Reactions: David Wolf

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Some tape to hold the wire to the spool before clipping the wire length. That little slot in the spool sometimes just doesn't hold that piece of wire well. :facepalm:

Haha
Good call!

I re-cut the slots on my spools as soon as they arrive and add a piece of tape to the spool to hold it down.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I would be happy to find a small Philips that is magnetized. I did the magnet trick, but it doesn't seem to last.

I made a home made kit. In my Rose kit I got another lil' blue screwdriver, but it is 2.97 mm thick. Not like the others. Great for coiling.

Yes, a set of calipers is great to have.

Mike 586

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2014
Ottawa
i never seen kits that are good tbh, they are either 1. cheap and flimsy or 2. overboard and pricey.

you really only need an ohm meter, tweezer, wire clippers and a coil jig.

For the most part that's true, but if I didn't already have everything a few times over, I'd consider the newer Coilmaster DIY kit to be a good buy, particularly now that its using the V3 coilmaster coil tools. The quality of the rest of the tools in the kit are good and you'd have trouble beating the overall price.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
...Yes, a set of calipers is great to have.

Good point.

"If the mandrel is off spec by only 0.1 mm, the length of a single wrap will be off by roughly 0.314 mm. Multiplied by ten wraps, this small error has grown more than thirtyfold."
—Possible error sources, steam-engine.org

Not considering any asymmetry in the wind itself making a repeatable vape challenging.

Good luck.

:)

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
What's missing from my tool box, an empty egrip box is an assortment of all the generic drip tip and rda orings, and screw sizes I might need for several different rda's. I wish the rda's came with the specs for those items so they were easier to find. I believe fasttech sells many or most of them dirt cheap but then I need to figure out which sizes to buy.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Ceramic tweezers. God I love these. Online or a vape shop. Have an idea of what they cost as many vape shops are very proud of theirs.

I was going to get some of those. But I looked at the feedback on various sites and a lot of people said they were really fragile. Like they broke the first time they were used. And the ones with replaceable ceramic tips, nobody sold the replacement tips.

I assume you've had better luck with them. What brand do you have?

Big Me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2014
England
I was going to get some of those. But I looked at the feedback on various sites and a lot of people said they were really fragile. Like they broke the first time they were used. And the ones with replaceable ceramic tips, nobody sold the replacement tips.

I assume you've had better luck with them. What brand do you have?
The problem with most ceramic tweezers are that they have pointed tips which, as you say, are fragile. It is possible to buy ones with blunt tips though.

For example: $10.09 Heat Resistant Stainless Steel Tweezers for E-Cigrettes (Tweezers (Flat Tip)) at m.FastTech.com - FastTech Mobile

I still use metal ones myself. Just have to remember not to fire the mod when squeezing coils. Lol

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread