Vaporrenu Mango Rum

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_Calculon

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
(Notes: The juice was tested on a clean, bridgeless, dewicked 2.3ohm 510 atomizer at 3.7v on a box mod with a fresh 14500 900mah battery. This juice was steeped thoroughly before reviewing to allow it to blend and mature).

juice specs:
Vaporrenu Mango Rum
16mg nicotine
double shot of flavor
Vaporrenu custom blend: 55% PG / 35% VG / 10% Flavor Enhancer
added tasteless vitamin boost: Vitamin C (.66mL)
throat hit: aggressive

I got this enchanting little number from Vaporrenu a while back. I like mangoes a lot (mostly for freshly-made mango-habanero steak marinade). I like rum more than a lot (a handle of Bacardi Superior must be in my possession at all times). Vaporrenu has several different rum flavors for sale. The combination of mango and rum sounded the best to me. For comparison, I obtained a nice-looking mango and let it fully ripen. Obviously, I also had plentiful quantities of Bacardi Superior on hand.

ml1.jpg

After careful consideration, I decided that the best way to pit the e-liquid against its real-world analog was to mash the meat of the mango up and mix it with the rum. I began by taking a shot of this concoction, cleansing the palate, and taking a deep rip of the e-liquid.

ml2.jpg

The differences were immediately obvious. Real mango has a certain piney/evergreen side that was missing in the vapor entirely. The vapor was also much, much sweeter than the actual fruit, let alone the fruit mixed with white Bacardi.

The similarities were also pretty clear. The e-liquid did not have a complex rum profile to it, but the rum flavor present was very close to that of Bacardi. The fruit flavor of the mango (aside from the pine notes of the mango and strong sweetness of the juice) was comparable to the fruit flavor of the e-liquid.

I tried this comparison again with sugar added to the mango-rum shot. This helped bring out the fruityness of the mango a bit, but not enough to significantly alter my initial impressions. The e-liquid, in retrospect, is like a mixture of rum and a mango-flavored candy. It is not remarkably similar to the real thing. But it is really, really tasty! I don't drink flavored rums, so I am not sure if there is a mango-flavored rum on the market. If one exists, I imagine it has a taste closer to this e-liquid than my crude concoction. Maybe I should have looked for mango-flavored rum instead of smashing tho two together for this review.

The vapor production of this e-liquid is good, what one would expect for the Vaporrenu custom blend (55% PG / 35% VG / 10% Flavor Enhancer). I was a little disappointed in the throat hit. I specified "aggressive" when ordering. This particular bottle had some throat hit, but nothing close to what I would consider aggressive.

Rating:

Flavor accuracy: 5/10
Flavor level: 9/10
Vapor production: 7/10
Throat hit: 3/10
Overall score: 7.5/10. The throat hit was weak. The flavor was not all that close by my non-scientific comparison. But this e-liquid is delicious. I like to vape it in the afternoon and after work. It produces a nice, thick vapor with a sweet fruit candy and rum taste.

EDIT: A shot glass with the NASA logo on it was used for this review. I got it at space camp when I was a little kid. The implications of drinking booze from a NASA shot glass are hilarious to me for some reason.

Last edited:

King_Calculon

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
They do have a new option for "ultra aggressive" throat hit. I have not tried it yet. I agree that the throat hit on most of their flavors is a little weak. I wonder if it has something to do with their "Vaporrenu custom blend?" I have always got this, its 55%pg 35%vg and 10% flavor enhancer. No idea what the flavor enhancer is. I will try a different blend next time I order from them and see if it makes a difference.

DawnH

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2010
Ozarks in Arkansas
OMG I just got a bottle of Honey Wood Menthol with my order in the mail yesterday!!!!!!!!! All I can say is that it's "different" and I am going to wait a few days for it to steep. Sure smells good! I also ordered 3 bottles of my favorite Re(4)Nu Menthol, I can't stop vaping that one! I decided to try a "flavor" and ordered Banana Nut Bread but so far, it smells like banana candy. :-( I'm going to wait a few days for that one to steep too.

Nice review, I eat lots of Mangos too. The Vaporenu jucies are pretty good.
I like their coffee, its pretty tasty. The Bourbon they offer is not bad, I've vaped about 1/2 of a 30 mill bottle so I'm still taking it all in.

The most accurate Mango that I have found is from iVape.net
Here's a review on it.

YouTube - Ivape Mango E Juice Review from zeroed4x

King_Calculon

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
Nice review, I eat lots of Mangos too. The Vaporenu jucies are pretty good.
I like their coffee, its pretty tasty. The Bourbon they offer is not bad, I've vaped about 1/2 of a 30 mill bottle so I'm still taking it all in.

The most accurate Mango that I have found is from iVape.net
Here's a review on it.

YouTube - Ivape Mango E Juice Review from zeroed4x

Thanks for the link! I like vaping tropical fruit flavors a lot... They go well with rum, and I am a rum drinker. I have been messing around getting custom blends from Vaporbomb, trying to find something I can take to the bar with me. The best so far is lime/coconut/pineapple. I had a bottle of lime/coconut/mango.... I took it to the bar and that's the last I saw of it! It didn't even have 2 weeks to steep. Oh well, it was 2/3 gone (vaped up) anyway. I will have to order it again. In the mean time, I have been taking this mango rum flavor out and it is working out ok. I am going to toss a few Cuba libres back tonight and crank the voltage up to 6v, see how this stuff handles the big guns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread