Status
Not open for further replies.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Changed the lock to 3x clicks instead of 5. So much better! It's the little things.
I've been accidentally locking my VS200 while hitting it, it's happened probably 5, or 6 times to me since Saturday. I still haven't figured out how I'm doing it, because all I do is press the fire button, and take a hit, but for some reason mid draw it locks itself, even though I was just holding the button, and I don't take particularly long draws, 2-3 seconds tops. It is a mystery to me.

footbag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
NEPA
I really like the finish. I hope it lasts longer then my Yihi. I almost wish I could send my SX Mini grip out to be rubberized.

Hmm. Don't know about the single click to lock. Maybe instead of letting it fall out of TC, VS now has it lock the device. I was very concerned about falling out of TC mode. Especially given the high wattage it's capable of. I don't want to inhale fire.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I've been accidentally locking my VS200 while hitting it, it's happened probably 5, or 6 times to me since Saturday. I still haven't figured out how I'm doing it, because all I do is press the fire button, and take a hit, but for some reason mid draw it locks itself, even though I was just holding the button, and I don't take particularly long draws, 2-3 seconds tops. It is a mystery to me.
I've had the exact same issue but it's only happened about 3 times in the last few days. I'm keeping an eye on it for now but if it persists, I'll call VS to see what they say.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
I've had the exact same issue but it's only happened about 3 times in the last few days. I'm keeping an eye on it for now but if it persists, I'll call VS to see what they say.
Bah! I just had it happen again (first time today). It doesn't seem specific to how I'm using the device, I've had it happen using a RDA with kanthal, and just now it happened using a smok ni200 coil in my TCT. I've had it happen using my Goliath v2 with dual Ti coils.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I very nearly did the other day trying 200w on 24g kenthel the other day [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
79bcfcd836e7c5c3b584d41672c657e6.jpg

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
I finally picked mine up from the PO box. I must say I like it quite a bit. I'm afraid to take it to work with me and get it scratched up. Any idea when the sharkskins will be out for these?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Someone posted that it would be available in about a month.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Anyone know what the default preheat power and preheat punch are set for if a custom profile is not used? For anyone using the VS 200 with a Crown, have you setup a custom profile and if so, to what settings?
I have nickel coils for the crown, but haven't tried them yet. Been using the .25ohm ss stock coils under TCR profiles for 304 & 316L w/ 100w preheat and default punch, 60w-80w - not that there is any real difference in the wattage setting under tc. Very erratic traces off stock coils already posted in crown thread w/ screens for all types of stainless I think.

Nickel will be tried out soon enough but I have programmed a profile for it more for the screen than out of necessity. Default setting should work fine w/o a profile but I would probably drop preheat down to the 80-100 range for NI200 stock coils.

alistairs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2014
Castro Valley, CA, USA
There is an update firmware option but you need to have a firmware pack downloaded first as it asks for a file. It doesn't automatically find the update thru this option.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The Sharks are arriving with 8/21 firmware already installed which is the latest. When later firmware or escribe software are released, escribe will tell you automatically. If you feel adventurous, there is also a thread on the Evolv boards where they publish pre-release firmware from time to time. There's been no firmware pre-released since 8/21 which tells me things are getting pretty stable now.

http://evolvapor.forumchitchat.com/post/early-firmware-7508618

alistairs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2014
Castro Valley, CA, USA
Anyone know what the default preheat power and preheat punch are set for if a custom profile is not used? For anyone using the VS 200 with a Crown, have you setup a custom profile and if so, to what settings?

Evolv's default for Ni200 is 200W, Punch 5 for 1 sec. This should be fine for many coils, I've never seen it actually register 200W as it starts ramping down as soon as my coil heats up in the first (small) fraction of a second. Vaporshark set up the first 4 profiles with other values, so you should probably check with escribe if you're using theirs.

alistairs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2014
Castro Valley, CA, USA
How is that done? I cant seem to find any option for that on escribe :)

On the Theme tab, about halfway down where it says "Locked Click 5x", there should be a box on the right where you can put the number of clicks in. If its not there, you may have an old version of escribe or be on a version of firmware before 8/21 which is when that feature was introduced.

wrice4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Texas
Well guys I got my VS back yesteday, works great. I got a note from the technician that just said that he had to replace my dna 200 chip, and it shouldn't happen again. I don't know what else they did to try to prevent it from happening again, but I have my fingers crossed. Dang I missed this thing, it beats the heck out of my snow wolf 200 LE. Anyways, I was tagged in the VT Box 200 thread, and apparently there are multiple reports of them having the same issue I did. So it does look like VS was telling the truth about it being a known dna 200 error, and not just their product. Here is the page where I was tagged: https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/vapecige-vtbox200.693430/page-38#post-16617233

One quick question. I hooked my VS up to escribe, yesterday when I got it back, and on the battery section of it, it says that my device is a 10.22 watt hour battery, at 770mah battery. Shouldn't this be changed to 900mah, or is there something I am missing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread