Vapourtrails.tv is not just for the UK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckP

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Tulsa, Ok
I've noticed inconsistent file types on your website. I believe what you consider your weakest technology person (editor) is your best encoder. His videos are perfect for ios devices, and are available. Your two shows are not mobile compatible ever, the only shows that aren't seem to be sav & cat, and your two shows. Vapourmists, potting shed, and toolbox are crakN!

You can purchase compressor for final cut pro X. I'm most assured that's what you're using. I'm just reccomending this for you. Your shows are great every one, but you might want to check the last Vapourmists show, it freezes then it's just audio till the end.

hifistud

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2009
Sunderland, UK
I'll freely admit you've lost me a little, and the reason is that we all broadcast at exactly the same settings. However, there are archived shows from three different streaming service providers - currently Livestream, going back to October, Justin.TV from September back to May and Ustream from February through until May - there will be differences in the files from each.

I watch each show (or part thereof) on an IOS device currently, and, to my knowledge they will all stream live to the Livestream App - they're certainly supposed to, and we use the settings that Livestream has recommended to us to be sure they do. I can't be so certain for all archived shows, more especially the Justin and Ustream ones (one reason why we left both of those - JTV wanted money from viewers to buy their app, which was, <cough>, not very good and Ustream was very hit and miss with IOS stuff.

I've also discovered that, for some reason, neither VT Talk nor the Haze Hour had hit the VOD section of Livestream for the last while - I've rectified that for the last three or four weeks' worth, and I'll dig further as time allows. Also, I've just this minute checked and VT Talk from 1/11 is definitely playing to my iPhone, as is the Haze Hour.

I've noticed inconsistent file types on your website. I believe what you consider your weakest technology person (editor) is your best encoder. His videos are perfect for ios devices, and are available. Your two shows are not mobile compatible ever, the only shows that aren't seem to be sav & cat, and your two shows. Vapourmists, potting shed, and toolbox are crakN!

You can purchase compressor for final cut pro X. I'm most assured that's what you're using. I'm just reccomending this for you. Your shows are great every one, but you might want to check the last Vapourmists show, it freezes then it's just audio till the end.

ChuckP

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Tulsa, Ok
I wasn't trying to be rude and I came across very rude I believe. I apologize again, I'm a fan and I was just bummed but I may be doing something wrong. I go to your homepage, then click recent shows. Then I click the image and on certain videos I get a message that says something like it's not available on mobile devices. I just love watching the shows and I was bummed about it. Cause it really is a tight (crackN) production! Love you guys!!I was just posting after frustration. Sometimes I watch multiple videos in a row. You are an awesome host and I really am a big fan! I'll test, document and report back on my findings. I did not know about the live stream app, thank you!!

Last edited:

hifistud

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2009
Sunderland, UK
I don't think you're doing anything wrong - and there's no need to apologise - it's actually enabled me to learn something!! I had a play with the Livestream IOS App last night, and discovered that if we use one of our "filler" videos first in a programme's storyboard, the App won't list it as a video. I'm wondering whether the same applies to archived shows on the site for IOS devices. I won't have a lot of time to play with it all today - it's a Haze Hour show day, so lots to do - but I'll get onto it on Friday and see if I can find a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread