Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
As soon as I saw this I knew I wanted one! I remember when my good friend @RPadTV showed me his Vulcan, I knew VLS had quality workmanship behind them, so this should be no different. I got one coming and considering I can't find an OG Aeolus, I went with this one -- actually really happy my money instead went with VLS on this type of atty purchase.

Check it out:

Vector-5.jpg

https://www.vapourlifestyle.com/products/vulcan-vector.html

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
@Libbydude,

Dude, I swear to god I came here to tag you. LOL.

p.s. Just between us (;)), I got The Vector by VLS from The Vapesource for $50 shipped. They are having a 30% off sale right now on OG RDAs. For real!!! Use code MEMORIALDAY30.

p.p.s. I hear ya' on the vape budget falling victim to the little ones.

Reactions: Mikedin

Libbydude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
Idaho
Neither could I. Now my new mechanical gets pushed back once again until next month. I am going to try and not buy another atty until around July 4th. :laugh:
Ha! I've held off on the nemesis and dna 40 for quite some time just to buy new tanks and drippers. To be honest I regret it. Chasing unicorns I think. Next up: Nemesis (counterfeit) and HB dna 40.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I wish i got this rda, i bought the REMatty instead cause it came out first and looked interesting. Ive been kicking myself ever since, i would trade this rem atty in an instant for a vector.

As soon as mine *FINALLY* gets here, I will let you know what I think. I think the holiday sales got vendors swamped.

p.s. I was looking at the REM too but saw a few random murmurings that turned me away from it. Is it just decent or not very good at all? I thought the airflow looked like it would bypass the coils and just go straight from the top to the tip. The Vector seems to have more targeted airflow to the coils, though still being a top-airflow design.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
As soon as mine *FINALLY* gets here, I will let you know what I think. I think the holiday sales got vendors swamped.

p.s. I was looking at the REM too but saw a few random murmurings that turned me away from it. Is it just decent or not very good at all? I thought the airflow looked like it would bypass the coils and just go straight from the top to the tip. The Vector seems to have more targeted airflow to the coils, though still being a top-airflow design.
Personally.....i dont care for it. Its by far the biggest pain to build ive ever seen. Ive been building for a while now, years, and it took me a good while to just get a simple build in it. The airflow is ok and i love the looks and the center post design is genius in my opinion but i dont know what in gods name they were thinking with those angled negative slits, that just kills this whole rda for me cause its those little slits that make it a problem to build on. Even when you manage to get your wire leads into them, the screw constantly pops it back out on you, its tedious to say the least. Then they came out with a slam cap that lets you use any drip tip you like, to me i feel like it should of came with this slam cap in the first place because there is slight spit back. You need to get the coils JUST right for the air holes to be placed on top and there isnt much room at all from those air holes, the bottom of the rda and the top cap. Sorry for the lengthy reply but those are all my thoughts lol i would love to hear yours once you get that vector in, if i dont break down and buy one soon.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Personally.....i dont care for it. Its by far the biggest pain to build ive ever seen. Ive been building for a while now, years, and it took me a good while to just get a simple build in it. The airflow is ok and i love the looks and the center post design is genius in my opinion but i dont know what in gods name they were thinking with those angled negative slits, that just kills this whole rda for me cause its those little slits that make it a problem to build on. Even when you manage to get your wire leads into them, the screw constantly pops it back out on you, its tedious to say the least. Then they came out with a slam cap that lets you use any drip tip you like, to me i feel like it should of came with this slam cap in the first place because there is slight spit back. You need to get the coils JUST right for the air holes to be placed on top and there isnt much room at all from those air holes, the bottom of the rda and the top cap. Sorry for the lengthy reply but those are all my thoughts lol i would love to hear yours once you get that vector in, if i dont break down and buy one soon.

No, no worries at all. This kind of thing is very welcome as the two atties are sorta tapping into a similar vein, so people interested in the Vector may also want to see your thoughts on the REM. I totally forgot about those slits. That is Exactly what I saw gripes about. And the screws backing out is the other. It sill looks sweet though, but I have to be careful of buying atties based on that (though I've done it far too many times.)

Last edited:
Reactions: HeiSINberg

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
No, no worries at all. This kind of thing is very welcome as the two atties are sorta tapping into a similar vein, so people interested in the Vector may also want to see your thoughts on the REM. I totally forgot about those slits. That is Exactly what I saw gripes about. And the screws backing out is the other. It sill looks sweet though, but I have to be careful of buying atties based on that (though I've done it far too many times.)
Oh yeah, been there done that, and still doing it lol as you can see i jumped the gun. It'll most likely end up on the classifieds, i wanted to build on it again to give it another chance but i dont have the patience and its not something i could do given 10 mins so my loss someone elses gain hopefully. Worst part is the vape shop 2 mins away from me just got the vector in yesterday too, ugh, the decisions.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Oh yeah, been there done that, and still doing it lol as you can see i jumped the gun. It'll most likely end up on the classifieds, i wanted to build on it again to give it another chance but i dont have the patience and its not something i could do given 10 mins so my loss someone elses gain hopefully. Worst part is the vape shop 2 mins away from me just got the vector in yesterday too, ugh, the decisions.

Luckily you can at least go look at it an fiddle with it. I have high hopes for this atty and it's killing me to have expectations like that. It generally seems to me that low expectations are often exceeded and high ones are rarely ever (truly) met. At least that's been my experience in the vape game.

FYI: My item is slated for delivery on June 1. Mighty long shipping, but it's been happening more and more (for me). Until then I can only ramble. I hope you can maybe visit that shop and tell us your thoughts on what you see (or buy ;)). Or anyone else that got theirs, fiddled with one or vaped off of someone else's.

Reactions: sahsah

Magaro

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2015
Corning, NY, USA
Received two Vectors yesterday (what can I say? I'm hoarding for the Vapocalypse). Built #1 today. Ripped out that goofy screen and threw on a 0.4 ohm dual Clapton/JOC build on my copper Smpl mod. This thing is pretty nice. Awesome machining quality. Great o-rings. Thick, luxurious vapor with lots of flavor. No spit back even w/o the screen. Easy-to-work-with build deck with grub screws. Make sure the non-adjustable center post is tight or it'll spin. Center pin protrudes, but not a lot - kinda sketchy on my hybrid mod. Would prefer a 510-compatible top cap or a Delrin wide bore, but the built-in SS tip is ok. Gonna throw it on my Sigelei 150 in a bit and vape it hard all evening.

All in all, not bad. I prefer my new Velocity, but this is probably in my top 5 for how I vape right now.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Received two Vectors yesterday (what can I say? I'm hoarding for the Vapocalypse). Built #1 today. Ripped out that goofy screen and threw on a 0.4 ohm dual Clapton/JOC build on my copper Smpl mod. This thing is pretty nice. Awesome machining quality. Great o-rings. Thick, luxurious vapor with lots of flavor. No spit back even w/o the screen. Easy-to-work-with build deck with grub screws. Make sure the non-adjustable center post is tight or it'll spin. Center pin protrudes, but not a lot - kinda sketchy on my hybrid mod. Would prefer a 510-compatible top cap or a Delrin wide bore, but the built-in SS tip is ok. Gonna throw it on my Sigelei 150 in a bit and vape it hard all evening.

All in all, not bad. I prefer my new Velocity, but this is probably in my top 5 for how I vape right now.

Short and sweet! Even with the few little minuses, that's pretty decent. Coming from you is even better (read some of your posts before).

Reactions: Magaro

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ

Two huh? Care to get rid of one of those? Lol. Thanks for the thoughts, makes me want one even more now. Without touching it the only gripe id have was also the built in stainless drip tip but thats not a huge deal. What im really curious to hear about is how leak proof this vector is, that'll be the deal breaker or maker for me.

Magaro

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2015
Corning, NY, USA
Two huh? Care to get rid of one of those? Lol. Thanks for the thoughts, makes me want one even more now. Without touching it the only gripe id have was also the built in stainless drip tip but thats not a huge deal. What im really curious to hear about is how leak proof this vector is, that'll be the deal breaker or maker for me.

The o-rings are awesome on mine - just like they were on the Vulcan. A near-perfect fit. And the airflow holes on the top seem to seal very nicely. So far, this really does seem like it could be pocketable with a plug in the drip tip. Which is impressive, since the chamber gets PRETTY juicy, at least with my build. VLS is 3 for 3 in my book: Ragnarok copper mod, Vulcan with the cloud chaser sleeve, and now the Vector. Hopefully they will release a different top cap for those of us who prefer our own drip tip.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
I sold off one of my rda's i think i may take a venture to the vape shop tomorrow and pick one of these up, i cant take it anymore! Now i just hope they still have one in stock, knowing my luck they wont. Im just glad the o-rings are good, nothing bothers me more then an rda that checks all boxes and i get it and it leaks from somewhere, thats a problem for me. This is looking like it might be a great, great rda, hope im right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread