Vegetable glycerin question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captainlady

Aug 7, 2014
Canada
The liquid I'm using is nicotine, vegetable glycerin, water and flavor. Apparently the flavours are all "natural" and "organic" but I won't be able to find out exactly what they're using. My concern is about the vegetable glycerin. Okay, I get that its safe to eat, rub on my skin but what about inhaling? Every article I read talks mentions VG and propylene glycol at the same time then goes on about propylene glycol, dangers of renormalizing smoking, risks of the flavours being enticing to children an have no other purpose (except that flavours actually help me like really, am I going to choose nasty cigarettes or a variety of yummy candy flavors?) and not much else. I get that many (if not most eliquids use propylene glycol but mine doesn't so information about PG is entirely useless to me). I didn't really research or choose 100% VG juice that type just happens to be what is sold locally and I'm happy with it. Anyone know anything about VG only?

It makes sense to me that vaping is a better option when compared to smoking but I'd like to be able to read a bit more on VG only. I sure know Health Canada won't help me. Thanks!

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Short of allergic reactions by a small percentage of people, I've yet to hear of any averse affects of inhaling vg. The allergic reactions could be triggered if you are allergic to a type of food the vg is made from....switching brands can alleviate this.
Fyi, vg produces more vapor, but pg carries the flavor better, so blends are often the best bet. Also vg can be too thick to wick properly depending on your set up. If you find you have to prime a lot (i.e. pulling air without firing the mod) to keep good flavor, try thinning your juice with a touch of water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread