• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

velocity rda clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

crshsnwmn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
N.E. Indiana
Been using a tobeco clone for a few days, have a small issue with one post hole cutting the nickel wire when the set screw is tightened down, otherwise love it and will be buying an authentic from avid when they are back in stock. I'm sure deburring the one hole would fix the issue, but I'm not willing to put it down long enough to do so until it I need to recoil.

WarA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2015
My tobeco clone won't properly seat into place so that the base and arc lock together, it just keeps spinning...anyone have any advice? When I first got it, it worked, so I know it can do it. =\

i've gotten the same clone, so far works perfectly. Not too sure what you meant by arc if by arc you meant the "cover"(not sure the exact term) look inside there's a notch that will fit the one on the side of a post. With that if you want to no look fit it just apply slight downwards pressure and spin it till it latches.

on the side note its one of the easiest rda to build on so far however with the stock huge tip I have problems with overly huge hits, using the adapter and a 510 tip helps

crshsnwmn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
N.E. Indiana
My tobeco clone won't properly seat into place so that the base and arc lock together, it just keeps spinning...anyone have any advice? When I first got it, it worked, so I know it can do it. =\

Put slight sideways pressure towards the side with the notch while rotating - both of my tobecos need this to seat properly. The authentic cap drops right on no problem, but the drip tip threads are much cleaner and easier to catch on the clones:?:

Reactions: sahsah

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
los angeles, california, USA
i've gotten the same clone, so far works perfectly. Not too sure what you meant by arc if by arc you meant the "cover"(not sure the exact term) look inside there's a notch that will fit the one on the side of a post. With that if you want to no look fit it just apply slight downwards pressure and spin it till it latches.

on the side note its one of the easiest RDA to build on so far however with the stock huge tip I have problems with overly huge hits, using the adapter and a 510 tip helps
Sorry arc was supposed to say deck, but Siri decided to get creative, as she so often does, with her unnecessary and unwanted auto-correct, smh

WarA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2015
Sorry arc was supposed to say deck, but Siri decided to get creative, as she so often does, with her unnecessary and unwanted auto-correct, smh

do check out the cutout under the cap, you'll notice it. Shouldn't be a problem to get it flushed to deck. I must say out of the 3 drippers I have this is the best so far for flavour, ease of build as compared to my dark horse(good flavour but slightly cumbersome to build) and little boy(for cloud chaser)

taps41

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Singapore
Try twisted kanthal or parallel build. You need to cover more surface area.
Twisted with 2 of wat gauge would u suggest? After which then do dual on wat diameter? Cos seems like velocity not single coil friendly.[emoji13]

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Reactions: sahsah

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
los angeles, california, USA
do check out the cutout under the cap, you'll notice it. Shouldn't be a problem to get it flushed to deck. I must say out of the 3 drippers I have this is the best so far for flavour, ease of build as compared to my dark horse(good flavour but slightly cumbersome to build) and little boy(for cloud chaser)
I'll definitely agree with you that it's the easiest to build on out of all of my rda's, but if you've ever used a top airflow rda you'd know how amazing the flavor is in comparison. Plus, I get a lot of leaking on my velocity, like the coils spill the liquid out of the main airflow slots and it's just leaking all the time smh, I even get better performance off my vector and sapor rda's even with cloud production, let alone flavor...like I said, the velocity was a huge disappointment, smh

WarA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2015
I'll definitely agree with you that it's the easiest to build on out of all of my rda's, but if you've ever used a top airflow rda you'd know how amazing the flavor is in comparison. Plus, I get a lot of leaking on my velocity, like the coils spill the liquid out of the main airflow slots and it's just leaking all the time smh, I even get better performance off my vector and sapor rda's even with cloud production, let alone flavor...like I said, the velocity was a huge disappointment, smh

i'm not too sure about top airflow being good for flavour as physics impression of top air flow will introduce more air within the unit causing flavour to dilute rather than bottom airflow going up and around the coils. So far have yet to encounter leaking other than spitting from coil, I believe that flavour has a lot to do with the height as well with factors of surface area (i fit 10-12 26/28ga 2.5/3mm wraps on the velocity). As of now purely on flavour wise my shorter dark horse mini takes the cake, however velocity on account of other factors win the overall (i'll have to try more RDA to really critique some of this)

Also flavour is subjective to personal preference as well with lots of external factors in the mix, unless testing in a controlled environment its difficult to determine which RDA performs better.

Reactions: Khanninnarh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread