vendor declined card but took money ~~ how do i get my money back??

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ puff ~

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2012
calgary
Early this morning, I placed a little order for $64 us or $68 cad. When I went through the checkout, my prepaid card was declined, and the error message said the address didn't match. So I corrected my address, and tried again. (Put same address and used card successfully for an order last month and everything was shipped as ordered.)

Then I glanced at my bank account and both times, The company took the full $64 out.

I opened a ticket, but didn't get a reply.

I phoned long distance, footing the bill, being told it was the bank's doing and that I had to get the money back from the bank. I went out in the cold and the rain to the bank, and they said it was the company who took the money twice, it's the company who has to reimburse you. Nothing the bank can do.

Where in this forum is it appropriate to again, nicely, ask that this company reimburse me the money they took from me, even though they declined my card twice??

~ puff ~

Last edited by a moderator:

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
I would recommend that you contact the vendor directly, through their ticket system (if they have one) or e-mail and if that doesn't work, try their ECF forum. If that doesn't go anywhere, hop over to the negative review section.

I feel that the negative reviews should be used as a last recourse, there are far too many posts in there where people mention something before it's really had a chance to process, and then come back two or three days later and say "Oh, everything's fine now!"

When you contact them, tell them what the bank told you.

Last edited by a moderator:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
You could email them...or
Through their forum here...that would be the best place to contact them in here to work this out.

With my bank, a debit will show...and fall off over night or sometimes the next night as not processed...they don't go away immediately.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread