Status
Not open for further replies.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I was PM'd several times about a fixture I've referred to making, that allows you to produce ready-to-install coil sets for the Veritas. The short article below can be found on another forum, for which ECF will not allow direct linking... so I'm re-posting here to make it a little easier to link to.
If you've already seen this "elsewhere", it's identical with no alterations (save for milder language)... so you can ignore it. ;-)

If you've tried to build a Veritas on the atty - like the "Quick 2 minute build" YT video, by iHybrids - or the loose, genesis style coils as seen in Mark's YT video - (or just gave up and built a single coil - you defeatist you) and are unhappy with the resultant coils... you can easily make a fixture to build a center-looped, single wire, fully compressed "micro" style dual coil set - that can then be transferred to the atomizer.

I built my first "pattern duplicate" jig a few months ago when the authentic Veritas was introduced (and I wasn't too thrilled about coil options)... and a few more for friends who are as OCD as I am about coil style.
wink.gif

Built in less than 5 minutes - this "no-cost" fixture is made from a nasty looking piece of scrap, hardwood dowel cut-off, with a pop-rivet head that duplicates the center post location and stagger, as well as holds the center-looped single piece of wire in place...
shok.gif
Yes, I've built "prettier" jigs... but I photographed this one 'cause it's so damn ugly, figuring that anything you might build certainly can't look worse, and should still work just fine.

10525726_366028250217856_6562255421977364290_n.jpg

There are two drill bit/mandrel holes in the side under the pop-rivet... one for 1.5mm to the right of the rivet head, the other for 2mm (shown) to the left. Although made primarily for the Veritas, it also works nicely for the Origen.

The finished, ready to fit coil set looks like this. Slip the loop over the + stud and tighten - using your mandrel, rotate the coils downward until the legs align with the negative screws - snug those down, and you're ready to test fire. This particular coil set is 26 ga. - 10 wraps on a 2mm mandrel, for 0.5Ω

10501747_366089326878415_4331820757031602391_n.jpg

That's it. Apologies for the crappy photos... hope this gives you some ideas for your own pattern duplicate fixtures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread