Very New with Some Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeo

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I have a few questions. First of all i bought my kit and it should be here tomorrow. I am about a pack to sometimes a pack and a half a day smoker. I am in Canada and i ordered the 18 nic. Was this to much nic for me as i know the US smokes (marboro) are a lot stronger than ours. But i ordered from a Canadian site. Also i have been reading alot on this e cig stuff and i am reading that it is not legal in Canada yet with nic. I am confused because i am believed i am getting an e cig kit with nic. I ordered from Evapers.com - Your e-cigarette and vapor source in Canada.

I also have asthma ( have never had an attack that i needed medical care though) and i heard that the e cig closes your airways and makes it harder to breath a bit. Is this true?

Last question, What do most people prefer the plain tobacco juice or flavoured?

lilmrsyeti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Alabama
I'm not up on the laws for Canada...but I would think that if the site had you choose the amount of Nic. you wanted, you'll be getting it with Nic. You may need to send them an email and ask them just to be sure though. I personally would think that 18mg of Nic is 18 mg no matter what Country you are in...but I am also new to all of this, so what do I know?

Good luck!!

Deeo

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I also have one more question. The site listed what they use in their juices. But how do we know that a company hasn't added anything else in this juice? I don't mean to sound anti smoke here. I am just wondering what you all think about that. Would we know?

Don't get me wrong i am going to make a switch because cigarettes are killing me after 25+ years now. My body can feel it. I am just nervous as to what some companies might be adding to the juice that's all.

GB023

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2012
Great Northwest
Hi Deeo
I am new to the forum also, but have been vaping for over two years. I am so happy you have decided to give vaping a try. IMO...for a new vapor it is best to keep the nic level high and to start with tobacco flavors, this may help you to get over the hump, later there will be lots of flavors to try. Right now the most important thing is to give yourself the best chance to toss the cigs !
As far as the health issue, I can only say(In my case) I consider vaping "risk reduction". It helped me break a 20 year two pack a day habit and i feel so much better for it.

Good luck my friend

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
With the juice I guess you have to take their word for what is in it, but I don't know Canadian law, they may be required to disclose the ingredients. The truth is we really have no way of knowing that companies actually list the correct ingredients on anything, although I am sure that as rule they do.

Deeo

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Ontario, Canada
With the juice I guess you have to take their word for what is in it, but I don't know Canadian law, they may be required to disclose the ingredients. The truth is we really have no way of knowing that companies actually list the correct ingredients on anything, although I am sure that as rule they do.

Maybe i will one day be able to make /mix my own.

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
I have a few questions. First of all i bought my kit and it should be here tomorrow. I am about a pack to sometimes a pack and a half a day smoker. I am in Canada and i ordered the 18 nic. Was this to much nic for me as i know the US smokes (marboro) are a lot stronger than ours. But i ordered from a Canadian site. Also i have been reading alot on this e cig stuff and i am reading that it is not legal in Canada yet with nic. I am confused because i am believed i am getting an e cig kit with nic. I ordered from Evapers.com - Your e-cigarette and vapor source in Canada.

I also have asthma ( have never had an attack that i needed medical care though) and i heard that the e cig closes your airways and makes it harder to breath a bit. Is this true?

Last question, What do most people prefer the plain tobacco juice or flavoured?

Heh, on the last one, most people prefer everything. There's no "most prefer" around. Too many options out there. So much subjective preference involved.

I know nothing about the laws up there (and nothing about what our FDA down here is about to do... sigh). There is a Canada Forum around here you'll probably want to check out.

Far as the nicotine level, there's no way to tell except your own experience. A higher level in the liquid may mean you "vape" less often. The amount of nico actually delivered by vaping is still debated. You'll have to see what works for you.

And I don't know about asthma but surely smoking tobacco is worse for it. It's worse for just about anything and everything. But I'm no doctor. I do know e-cigs are about delivering the nicotine with less harm. They may or may not be "harmless". Nobody's completely sure since they're fairly new. But we do know tobacco cigs are really bad in so many ways.

In other words, proceed with caution but surely if you were smoking with asthma, that was a lot worse?

mkbilbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Austin, TX
www.thesmilingwolf.com
I also have one more question. The site listed what they use in their juices. But how do we know that a company hasn't added anything else in this juice? I don't mean to sound anti smoke here. I am just wondering what you all think about that. Would we know?

Don't get me wrong i am going to make a switch because cigarettes are killing me after 25+ years now. My body can feel it. I am just nervous as to what some companies might be adding to the juice that's all.

That's one thing that's great about ECF. Reviews, recommendations, people talking about their actual experiences with vendors and products. There's also an entire section devoted to vendors. They have a rep to maintain. And I've gotten great service out of the ones I've dealt with even though I've only recently got going with vaping myself and don't have tons of experience yet.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Most new vapers start @ 18 or 24 mg of nicotine. Legally it's a grey area. Vendors are selling Nic juice but it's iffy if imported. Some debate going on in the U.S. with the FDA and as usual Canada will prolly follow on their recommendations. Importing hardware is no problem.

Some experience a "heaviness" in the chest from using high VG juice while others have a sensitivity to PG.

Dusty_D Edit: ** Removed irrelevant information **

Request a Cdn Vendors List here- after 5 posts wait 1 hr for the ECF servers to reset and you can then post there:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...w-nic-supplier-list-via-pm-only-part-2-a.html

Double Edit:
The hardest part of vaping whether or not we have issues is finding the right juice- flavor, PG/ VG ratio, mg/ nicotine level, etc
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-have-asthma-has-your-e-smoking-affected.html
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...iscussion/354058-advice-asthma-sufferers.html
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/347581-asthma-vaping.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread