The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Very newbie question since i can't post in the beginners section anymore.

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by silentt, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. silentt

silentt Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2011
    Virginia
    I have too many posts to make threads in beginners subforum

I just received some joye 510 atomizers, i've been using cartomizers and ego tanks from the beginning so i have no clue about them. Except i have a lr306 ive used once. Do i just drip a couple drips in it when it's time to vape? Do i have to prime it, a couple drips in and let it sit for a minute? Do i drip in the side of it or does it matter?

How long do these usually last? Good ways to clean them? Hot water and blowing them out so it comes out the battery side? Trying to stay away from boiling mostly.

A Lot of questions here i'm sorry but i want to enjoy vaping and not ruin these and have to spend more hard earned dollars. I love this forum already in this short time ive been here so i know i'll get some promising answers out of you all.

Thanks,
    -silent

2. n2xe

n2xe Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Owego, NY
    You can drip or use a cart. If its dry, it takes about 4 drops to prime it then you are good to go. If you drip, a couple of drops gets you about 6 or 8 good hits. If the vapor drops off, add a couple more drops.

I belong to the "clean your atty" club. I rotate two attys so at the end of the day, I soak one overnight in 91% isopropyl alcohol and blow it out in the morning the set it out to dry. I screw on the dry one from the day before and the cycle repeats. I've had a few that died but for the most part, they last for months and months.

3. silentt

Feb 14, 2011
    Virginia
    i need to buy some alcohol. will anything else work? what about just steaming hot water at first to soak in and it will end up room temp when i wake up, is that okay? or just useless?

4. EMTJH

EMTJH Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Missouri
    I use white vinegar. I let them soak for an hour or so, then rinse under hot water, blow out any water and vape away. No need to let it dry overnite, just get as much water out as possible and dry the outside. It works perfect for me, never had a problem.

5. DivisionMatrix

DivisionMatrix Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2010
    Kissimmee, Florida
    I rinse under hot water every couple days (just hold the atty with some tweezers and run under the hottest tap water you have) and do a 20-30 minute soak in rubbing alcohol once every week or so.

6. silentt

Feb 14, 2011
    Virginia
    Cool cool, i can do this with cartomizers i'm guessing also. Hot water+blow it out, soak it in steaming out water over and over replacing the hot water over time when it cools. Sounds good in my opinion.

Def. gona buy some sort of alcohol substance to clean them fully later on.

7. Mudflap

Mudflap Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 19, 2010
    Tyler, Texas
    Rinsing out cartos might not work out so well. I tend to keep them plenty wet with juice and happily vape from them until the flavor goes bad. Then I toss them.

You can try it, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.