VG..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruckDrivinMama

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2013
CA, USA
I pick 80% pg 20%vg. In kits, more pg wicks better due to lower viscosity. And gives me a better throat hit.

Now on the other hand, my brother in law is allergic to pg and breaks out with itchy hives on the face when he vapes it so he has to go with pure vg. I dont know if his juice is sweeter since i was never able to try his. But he uses more expensive tanks and modded his to handle to the thick vg liquids of his.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Can someone tell me why you would pick vg over a pg/vg blend?

I have my own doubts that pg is truly safe but I still use it because that's what I started out on. Is vg sweeter? Just wondering so I can order some more juice :)

Juice Components
Flavoring usually about 5- 15%- could be higher or lower depending on the flavor used.
PG enhances flavor, TH and lung hit- water like - many of us believe PG to be a throat irritant.
VG= vapor and can mute flavor- thick
Nicotine- TH, lung hit and our need for nicotine. The MOST important ingredient in regards to TH and lung hit.
Standards in the industry are 80/ 20 or 70/ 30 PG/ VG. Seems many are moving towards 50/ 50 PG/ VG.

Higher VG gives less flavor but is also less harsh on the throat. As for the safety PG versus VG I've seen 2 reports- one says PG is safer while the other states VG is safer :confused:
Overall higher VG gives a smoother vape in my experience.

Recon Number 54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
McKinney, TX
Personally (and as you can imagine, everyone's experience is different), I notice PG (the higher the concentration, the more noticeable) on my inhales with a more pronounced taste of flavoring(s) and usually a "sharper?" TH. I notice VG (the higher the concentration, the more noticeable) as a more muted taste/TH and a thicker and more..... "velvety?" presence in the mouth during inhalation and exhalation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread