Vinci X Shuts Off Occasionally

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellboychess

Jul 16, 2020
Same problem in febuary with the VinciX pod.
This lasted 2 weeks, and then the unit worked normally again.
And since yesterday, it's starting again.
I also think the problem is a micro fluid leak on the internal connectors.
I tried to clean the accessible parts as well as possible, but without any result.
I've owned this model since 2019
(sorry for my bad english, not my native language)

andy1971

Jul 26, 2020
same issue but with 2 x vinci x devices. Both started doing this just outside 3 month warranty period. Since my 2nd one failed, i tried my 1st one again. OK for 3 days but plsying up again. Gutted as I have lots of spare accessories.

Can someone recommend a good alternative mod that uses the same batteries rather than inbuilt. Im not buying a 3rd one.

RoyMac

Jul 27, 2020
Hi everyone, I've got a problem that could not be fixed by Voopoo yet. I'd like to know if anyone had the same issues and/or has any solutions here.

First of all, I've been vaping since 2016. I've got 8 mods (including mechs), several vape pens, more than 15 atomizers, any kind of wires, gadgets, etc. I've also made my own e-liquids (but not now, it consumes too much time). Briefly, I'm not a newbie regarding vape; I smoked more than 20 years before I switched to vape and vape is not only an alternative to smoking, but also a hobby to me.

Second; my Vinci X pod mod, PnP-VM1 0.3 OHM coils, batteries, charger and e-liquids I currently use are genuine. I generally vape 6 mg/ml OHW's and Dinner Lady's nowadays. I performed scratch checks for all of them.

Here's the issue: I've been using Vinci X pod kit for more than three months and I really love this pod-mod among my other devices. The problem is, for about a month, my mod turns off occasionally by itself and I have to turn it on to continue using again and again. Than after several draws, it turns off. It's driving me crazy.

I used brand new Efest 3500 mAh/20A batteries which I charge with a Nitecore D4 charger. I thought the problem was temporary but it hasn't gone away. As long as I don't press the fire button, as the screen fades away for standby, the device shuts down. I wrote to Voopoo, and someone named Yuki replied me saying that I should use batteries with 30A and above discharge rate. Didn't believe in the solution, but still, bought 35A Sony VTC5 batteries, installed them and the result didn't change (by the way, I tested the device with any possible battery I have in hand). I told the situation to Yuki from Voopoo, and she sent me some ".swdf" extension firmware updates. I installed the updates with no faith (I'd already tried the ones on the Vooopoo support page) and it did not work. I wrote to Yuki from Voopoo the third time and I'm waiting for the next answer from them.

So, the problem is yet not resolved. I love the device but can not use it. Of course, I have other devices but Vinci X is the only pod mod I have with replaceable battery. I use Smok RPM 40 but it's fixed battery perfomance is too bad, goes onlşy half the day.

Lastly, I can not send the device for Warranty because vaping is prohibited/illegal in the country I live (no services in the country); and this CoVid issue changed evertything upside down. I'd really appreciate any solution which I can use to solve the issue by myself.

Kind regards.

RoyMac

Jul 27, 2020
Hi there the problem lies in the puff counter settings. The fix is switch vinci on then set the time(important).Now press and hold both + and - until puff counter settings are on the screen.Now tap - button until you see setting 17. now hold down the fire button until screen changes back to vape mode. This should solve your problem.
All The Best
RoyMac

novax

Sep 7, 2020
I also experience the same problem.
for several months I always charge with an external battery, then the problem comes, but after I tried to charge battery with the charge on the device, this was SOLVED.

p.s : probably because it is always charged with an external battery.
I don't know about electronics, maybe several capacitors are in charge the circuit device is not filled in.

sorry in my language, I am not speaking English

blaberusgiganteus

Apr 1, 2020
Hi, all! Thanks for the good vibes and solution suggestions. In brief, I haven't had any solution yet. Neither from the Voopoo side. At least, this thread let Vopoo in the game; at least.

I've put the device aside since April, when I'd started this thread. After I read @novax 's reply, I wanted to give it a chance. I put a brand new 18650, fired up the device and it worked smooth from morning to afternoon. After a couple of hours, it began to shut down again; so I connected the cable, charged the device to 100%, puffed once... It shuts down as long as you don't fire it up (and I am a chain puffer, I can't even catch it up before it goes off). No remedy! Issue/problem continues. I have backups like Smok RMP80 pro which changed my mind to update my vape product company ranking after this issue. As said before, I've been vaping more than 4 years, never seen anything like this.

@hellboychess I'll focus on the leaking issue. Will update if I come up with anything.

Keep safe!

Reactions: stols001

allin7days

Nov 18, 2013
LA, CA
I had a similar issue with my Voopoo Drag X. It was due to a loose connection to the negative side of the battery. Try to shake the unit very hard several times to see if it turns off. If it loses contact with the battery even for a brief moment, it'll turn off. I understand that Vinci X has a different battery cap, but the principle is the same. The battery should have a firm contact at all times.

Btw, I fixed my Drag X by adjusting the tension of the metal piece contacting the negative side of the battery.

Last edited:

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I do love the Voopoo stuff I have. Great flavor.
But, on the other hand I'm not sure about the stability/longevity of the mods.
My X has been fine. One of my Airs went south soon after I got it. The replacement lost a magnet from the mod to the pod, so that I can't reverse the pod in the batt (tried glue, but no good).
So, I don't have a specific answer to your question, but I'll be surprised if you're alone with issues.

Reactions: chanelvaps
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread