Vintage Cigarette cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimshiggy

Nov 9, 2010
Houston, TX
When my grandma passed away (6yrs ago), I acquired a few vintage metal cigarette cases. They hold about 14 analogs normally. Has anyone heard of using these as a method of carrying their e-cig and/or supplies?
I'm stalking the mailman right now,since my kit is due any day now, so I can't do the immediate research . Just wanted to get some thoughts..... Thanks. :)

tinyejp

Oct 13, 2010
Western PA
I made a case for my M401 out of a plain metal cigarette case, and it took about an hour total. It had metal "arms" on either side to hold your cigs in. I removed one of those by pulling the hinge pin out, removing the arm, and replacing the pin. I then cut a piece of double-wall cardboard a.k.a. corrugated cardboard (you know, like cardboard boxes are made of) into a square just a hair smaller than the case. I traced the shapes of the various pieces I wanted to install onto the board, then cut them out with a razor knife. I only cut through the top layer, not both, although I think similar results could be achieved either way. Once the holes were all dug out, I cut a chunk of an old sweatshirt about an inch larger either way than the board, then put spray adhesive on both the board and the cloth. I put my cloth inside out, as I like the "fleecy" side better. Once the whole mess was glued together, I used chunks of old pen barrels as placeholders (so as not to gum up my PV parts) and closed the case. After an hour or so it was all dry and I now had a case that held my parts nicely and securely, fit great in my pocket, and looked cool to boot!

1113001333.jpg

biidaaban

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2010
MN
my husband bought a pair of those $1.00 reading glasses from walmart (just for the case) he can get 2 e-cigs/w cart on inside, it clips to his pocket and i noticed he doesn't rattle or lose his e-cigs anymore. Going to look for a couple more this weekend.

we also have some 100 size plastic cases left from our ryo days and use them to carry extra batteries and carts. They work well but are rattles.

Last edited:
we also have some 100 size plastic cases left from our ryo days and use them to carry extra batteries and carts. They work well but are rattles.

OMG! Thank you so much! I have been searching the internet high and low for a case that could hold a couple of droppers (for dripping) and multiple batteries and multiple attys and your post reminded me that I already have one! I just went looking through my old RYO gear and found my old plastic case! Its a King size not 100's like yours, but a quick once over looks like I can easily fit 2-4 dropper bottles and 2-4 attys with tips and 4-8 batteries depending on how many bottles and attys you take. I will post a picture once I master some good travel combinations! Thanks again!

They work well but are rattles.

Man those suckers do rattle like I have a pocket full of Mexican jumping beans. Do you know if you can fit one of those 7ml dropper bottles, like the Johnson Creek sample sizes in the vintage cigarette cases like the one shown above? I'm finding them all over the internet cheap, but still don't want to invest until I know for sure.

MadHatter

Sic itur ad astra
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2010
Waco, Texas
I like the idea of using a vintage cigarette case, I'm going to keep my eyes open for a nice looking one.

For now I have been using the case that came with my first e-cig purchase that looked similar to this:

caseopen.jpg

I took out the black velvet-like material so it could hold a lot more stuff. Here is the result:

100_0131.jpg

100_0134-1.jpg

I had trouble with rattling at first, but then just cut a section of blue foam to add to the lid and it works great.

Raven_Blackblade

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Kent, Washington
I had a GORGEOUS cigarette case. I am very big into the Darktower series by Stephen King.... and the front and back of this beautiful silver case had a rose engraved on it. Just exquisite! On the inside, it had space for about 10 100's analogs...

I used it just fine with my 901, and it would also fit a 510. Once I had upgraded my daily PV though, it wouldnt work. So I gave it to a dear friend of mine who now uses a 901.

What I REALLY loved about that case, is that one side held the analogs, and the other side was a mirror. A true ladies case.....

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
View attachment 25175

This was a newer case with the insides removed. I was able to fit the Riva batteries inside, the largest bottle that would fit is the slimmer 3ml bottle, but it fit. You can use the blue foam, or funfoam from the craft store. Sometimes the older cases have metal clips in them, you may have to remove them (if possible and not damaging the case) or put them in a shadow box and pick up a few cheap cases for your e-cig. HTH

SpeakerPlayNet

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
USA
www.SpeakerPlay.net
OMG! Thank you so much! I have been searching the internet high and low for a case that could hold a couple of droppers (for dripping) and multiple batteries and multiple attys and your post reminded me that I already have one! I just went looking through my old RYO gear and found my old plastic case! Its a King size not 100's like yours, but a quick once over looks like I can easily fit 2-4 dropper bottles and 2-4 attys with tips and 4-8 batteries depending on how many bottles and attys you take. I will post a picture once I master some good travel combinations! Thanks again!

Also- head over to Volcano.com and pull down the Accessories - Inferno button. Look for the case. I ordered one of those cases and it works so well I ordered 2 more for others. They are about $10 each, double zippered around, 3 pockets plus 2 cig loop holders. Closed is about 3" high so maybe this would be better in a purse than a man's pocket. But nice still the same.

ejoker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
i've been looking into using the vintage style cases too, but my question is: does the battery still turn on if the button is accidently pushed even without an atty? thats the main fear i have with carrying them in something is them accidently heating up and causing a fire etc.
nothing will fire as the circuit is open without an atty attached. pushed too hard it could ruin the button though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread